PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened to Danny Wright?

RKMeibalane
03-26-2006, 09:36 PM
I was looking back at old threads earlier, and I realized that Wright dropped off the face of the earth after injuing his shoulder. What actually happened to him?

ewokpelts
03-26-2006, 09:54 PM
i really dont care.....funny how a championship makes you feel....

PAPChiSox729
03-26-2006, 10:01 PM
We could use him as an insurance closer in case Bobby Jenks goes down.

FedEx227
03-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Hopefully learning how to hit the friggin strikezone. God people can say whatever they want about Marte, but this guy was the most frustrating pitcher I have watched with the Sox in a long time. Unlike Marte, you wouldn't even realize Wright had walked the bases loaded, he was very cunning in his suckness.

0o0o0
03-26-2006, 10:37 PM
http://www.dannywright.com/

PAPChiSox729
03-26-2006, 11:00 PM
http://www.dannywright.com/

Yeah...

http://www.dannywright.com/wrightbwbig_small.jpg

:rolling:

Trav
03-27-2006, 07:50 AM
He hurt his elbow I think. I would guess that he is out of baseball.

It's weird that these pitchers who's only fault was get pushed to hard got injured and now some fans feel the need to pile on. The worst thing I can remember about Wright is that he wanted to start. I don't know, maybe I am forgetting something terrible he did.

He will always have more single season wins than Kerry Wood. I find solace in that.

dickallen15
03-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I believe he had both elbow and shoulder surgery. He's probably done pitching.

Deebs14
03-27-2006, 08:03 AM
I believe he had both elbow and shoulder surgery. He's probably done pitching.

Yeah, that's what I thought I heard too. Sucks for him, but at least we got a dependable fifth starter now as opposed to when he couldn't find the strike zone in Chicago.

I believe one of the last teams he pitched for was the Expos/Nats.

veeter
03-27-2006, 08:09 AM
He hurt his elbow I think. I would guess that he is out of baseball.

It's weird that these pitchers who's only fault was get pushed to hard got injured and now some fans feel the need to pile on. The worst thing I can remember about Wright is that he wanted to start. I don't know, maybe I am forgetting something terrible he did.

He will always have more single season wins than Kerry Wood. I find solace in that. Wrong. They both topped out at 14 wins.

Madvora
03-27-2006, 08:10 AM
Danny Wright and Billy Koch were two reasons I almost gave up on the Sox forever. The fact that these two guys would lose their jobs and then get them back the following year without doing anything to earn it almost drove me off the edge.
I never understood what KW was thinking. Danny Wright especially, would lose his job and be sent to the minors every year, but he'd always be brought back up to lose his job again, and then for some reason he'd always make the team again out of spring training and then... guess what... lose his job again in the early part of the season.
To me, it seems like this went on for more than 10 years.

veeter
03-27-2006, 08:18 AM
I hear ya. But Danny would win a job because he'd have a good spring. Those were the years when the Sox had no fifth starter, and barely a fourth. They were desperate for anything. You're right though, Danny would start frusterating fans right off the bat. He worked slow and walked everyone in sight. I just liked him because he really tried. And there were those 14 wins, which somehow I convinced myself were some building block to a bright future. I wish him well but I don't miss those dark times with our pitching.

Luke
03-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Wright had the dreaded torn labrum. That alone is pretty much a death knell for a pitcher, along with an elbow reconstruction, he's pretty much done pitching forever. To be fair though, he always struck me as a pitcher with good stuff, but could have used a couple more seasons in the minors to actually learn to pitch.