PDA

View Full Version : Mike Ogulnick leaving ESPN 1000 for Texas.

santo=dorf
03-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Thank God. I won't miss this Cub loving, Sox hating moron.

He's on CLTV right flapping his ugly mouth about how the Cubs have a better bullpen than the Sox, the Sox starting pitching won't hold up this season, and how he has never seen a Championship team have the playoffs set up so much in their favor like the 2005 Sox. :rolleyes: Let's see what his 2006 predicitions will be at the end of the show.

DaleJRFan
03-26-2006, 10:38 PM
http://www.aplusnetdesign.com/totalsports1380/img/iprog_13.jpg

"My eyebrows rival that of the Valen-stash. Suck it, Chicago."

Dallas will looove him... :rolleyes: They can have him.

rjdmichjr
03-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Watching CLTV Sports Page tonight I wanted to puke....Three of the four panel members are Cub loving and Sox bashing idiots....Listening to them say it was a fluke the Sox won last year made scream at the tv...

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Predictions next....

HotelWhiteSox
03-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Anyone else browse around chicagosportsfan.com message boards? (i know some here are on there). It's about Chicago sports radio, and Olgunick is hated on there, there's a huge thread about it, as he, his wife, his brother, etc have all posted defending him. Not only can't his family take criticism, but many co hosts made fun of him, he spent a lot of time talking about and whining about himself (how he didn't have a car deal), and talking about his political views when no one cared. Not to mention that annoying voice. Don't let your door hit you on the way out, too bad so much of the Bulls' radio broadcast was already ruined by him.

Lip Man 1
03-26-2006, 11:12 PM
You should see him on Chicago Tribune Live! Last week for example the other panelists (including Ed Sherman) were giving him grief and saying that he can't say anything if it's about 'that team on the North Side.' Pretty funny..... no big loss.

Lip

ChiSoxRowand
03-26-2006, 11:17 PM
So what were his predictions?

santo=dorf
03-26-2006, 11:22 PM
So what were his predictions?
Didn't say anything about the Sox, but predicted the Cubs to have 92 wins. :?:

Jjav829
03-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Didn't say anything about the Sox, but predicted the Cubs to have 92 wins. :?:

Including spring training. :smile:

Brewski
03-26-2006, 11:39 PM
www.score670.com (http://www.score670.com) has some priceless threads about him. How can one guy be hated so much? What is this man's secret?

RadioheadRocks
03-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Goodbye and Good Riddance, dillweed!

http://www.mccormick.com/assets/290_6339_dillweed.gif

CHISOXFAN13
03-26-2006, 11:56 PM
For those who will miss Bryan Dolgin's pregame shows, he will be taking Ogulnick's spot doing Bulls pre/post.

jdm2662
03-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Neil and Bill treat him like dirt on the pre-game show. It's pretty damn funny. Also, what was priceless was his reaction when he shook Ozzie's hand on the Bulls opener. I'm sure he will be missed!!!!

TheOldRoman
03-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Including spring training. :smile:
That would still be a stretch unless the Cubs have reached 20 wins so far.

SOXSINCE'70
03-27-2006, 07:45 AM
For those who will miss Bryan Dolgin's pregame shows, he will be taking Ogulnick's spot doing Bulls pre/post.

And sports fans will be all the better for it.
Good riddance to a dillweed who couldn't say anything
positive about the White Sox.I,however,can say something
positive about Ogulnick;i'm positive I won't miss his dumb ass,
anti South Side commentary.:angry: :angry:

soxinem1
03-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I never heard of this guy until a few months ago when I was channel-hopping. He is worse than Randy Minkoff was with WGN.

He is properly being sent to the exile of

Continuously
Unobjective
Biased
Sportscasters with no talent

Who
Give
Nothing to the profession

veeter
03-27-2006, 08:34 AM
You should see him on Chicago Tribune Live! Last week for example the other panelist (including Ed Sherman) were giving him grief and saying that he can't say anything if it about 'that team on the North Side.' Pretty funny..... no big loss.

Lip I saw this and it was hilarious. I couldn't believe a stereotypical, stupid cub fan, actually had a job in sports radio in Chicago. Whenever he opened his mouth, the panel embarrassed him and put him in his place. As beautiful as 2003 ended for the cubs, it still bugs me because cub fans were convinced they were a real contender. They were always bad before '03 and have been bad since, but idiots like Ogulnick think that year was some bench mark or something. I had never heard of the guy before that day either, and I'm glad he's leaving.

PANFIRECRACKER
03-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Ding Dong, the witch is dead. That guy was the absolute worst and that's saying something regarding the Chicago media.

TornLabrum
03-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I saw this and it was hilarious. I couldn't believe a stereotypical, stupid cub fan, actually had a job in sports radio in Chicago. Whenever he opened his mouth, the panel embarrassed him and put him in his place. As beautiful as 2003 ended for the cubs, it still bugs me because cub fans were convinced they were a real contender. They were always bad before '03 and have been bad since, but idiots like Ogulnick think that year was some bench mark or something. I had never heard of the guy before that day either, and I'm glad he's leaving.

2003 was a benchmark for the Cubs. It was their highwater mark.

bennyw41
03-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Dolgin turned down the job too. I heard Bruce tell him he was glad that he turned it down. Then a few days later, they announced OG took it....

PatK
03-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Going from the 3rd largest market to Texas is pretty bad.

It's hot down there, he better trim those eyebrows or they may singe off.

Dan Mega
03-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Good riddance. The guy personally insults Sox fans on the message board. Many a Flub fan over there hates him too for just being and idiot.

The Critic
03-27-2006, 11:45 AM
That Score message board is absolutely hilarious, in a really embarrassing way.

SOXPHILE
03-27-2006, 12:14 PM
That OG thread on Score670.com is hilarious. It's over 40 pages long ! I've been reading it for the past couple of months, and it just keeps going on and on. What makes it so funny is that it seems that OG and his family and friends feel the need to continually post on it, defending him, saying such meaningless things as "Which major sports media market do YOU work in ??" Thus, continuing the responses and insults back at him. It won't die.:rolling:

That said, I have heard him on the radio, and seen him on things like Chicago Tribune Live. He comes across as so clueless about things, it's embarrassing that he was/is in the 3rd largest sports market in the country. You can even see and hear the other hosts poking fun at him, not always in a subliminal way. (His work on the Bulls pre-game sounds like high school radio, IMO. And that's an insult to high school radio clubs everywhere). I too saw his clueless, arrogant mug on CLTV last night, and almost burst out laughing when he predicted the Cubs would win 91 games this year.

SoxandtheCityTee
03-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Neil and Bill treat him like dirt on the pre-game show. It's pretty damn funny.

During Ogulnick's last Bulls broadcast, Bill tried to be civil about his departure and Neil was having none of it -- "Well, good luck to him, he'll be missed" and without missing a beat Neil says "Not by me." Not a hint of humour, absolutely straight. Then at the half OG does his update and when he talks to Neil & Bill, Neil is just merciless -- something like "So it's Mike Ogulnick Night here at the United Center huh? And you're throwing that yourself, right?" -- OG tried to laugh it off but it was obvious Neil can't stand him.

Ogulnick struck me as a bad combination of thin-skinned and arrogant, stubbornly opinionated and ignorant. I'm not surprised that he has his friends & family defend him on message boards; pitiful really.

jdm2662
03-28-2006, 12:43 PM
During Ogulnick's last Bulls broadcast, Bill tried to be civil about his departure and Neil was having none of it -- "Well, good luck to him, he'll be missed" and without missing a beat Neil says "Not by me." Not a hint of humour, absolutely straight. Then at the half OG does his update and when he talks to Neil & Bill, Neil is just merciless -- something like "So it's Mike Ogulnick Night here at the United Center huh? And you're throwing that yourself, right?" -- OG tried to laugh it off but it was obvious Neil can't stand him.

Ogulnick struck me as a bad combination of thin-skinned and arrogant, stubbornly opinionated and ignorant. I'm not surprised that he has his friends & family defend him on message boards; pitiful really.

Neil always struck me as a guy with a big ego. However, he's very good at what he does. He also knows a thing or two about hoops. OG is lame excuse of a sports reporter. Good riddance. Too bad I missed that show. I would've died laughing.

Brian26
03-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Wow, I can't believe how unilaterally hated this guy is. That Score message board is unbelievable reading (very funny and very sad).

ChiSoxGirl
03-29-2006, 10:58 PM
I've been listening to JD, Jonathan Hood, and Mongo on 1000 tonight and around 8:15, they absolutely RIPPED into Ogulnick!!! He was criticized and accused of being a backstabber, a liar, condescending, and deceitful. I actually couldn't believe they were saying some of this stuff on the air!

Both JHood and JD went off about how disliked he was at the station and how he always walked around with his nose in the air as though he was better than everyone. JHood specifically pointed to an incident shortly after he joined ESPN from The Score- when he went up to Alaska to see the UIC basketball games. Ogulnick spouted off to the bosses about how he'd been at the station longer, yet it was JHood who went up to Alaska, which he thought was completely unfair.

After this rant that went on for a good ten minutes, they both finished by saying "goodbye and good riddance to Ogulnick and his backstabbing, manipulative ways!" Apparently the listeners weren't the only ones who hated him!

JohnBasedowYoda
03-30-2006, 01:45 AM
I've been listening to JD, Jonathan Hood, and Mongo on 1000 tonight and around 8:15, they absolutely RIPPED into Ogulnick!!! He was criticized and accused of being a backstabber, a liar, condescending, and deceitful. I actually couldn't believe they were saying some of this stuff on the air!

Both JHood and JD went off about how disliked he was at the station and how he always walked around with his nose in the air as though he was better than everyone. JHood specifically pointed to an incident shortly after he joined ESPN from The Score- when he went up to Alaska to see the UIC basketball games. Ogulnick spouted off to the bosses about how he'd been at the station longer, yet it was JHood who went up to Alaska, which he thought was completely unfair.

After this rant that went on for a good ten minutes, they both finished by saying "goodbye and good riddance to Ogulnick and his backstabbing, manipulative ways!" Apparently the listeners weren't the only ones who hated him!

I heard that too. Story verfied. :smile:

MUsoxfan
03-30-2006, 03:04 AM
I can't find The Score's message board. Can somebody please post a link?

SOecks
03-30-2006, 09:03 AM
I can't find The Score's message board. Can somebody please post a link?

Go to www.score670.com. It's not the "official Score message board" though. It's about all Chicago sports media and a ton of other goofy stuff.

halfpricemonday
03-30-2006, 06:10 PM
I will never forgive Comcast Sports for the Chicago Tribune Live they had the day after the Sox won the Series.

If I remember it correctly, the panel was Ed Sherman, Phil Rogers (or David Haugh?), and...

yup, Mike Ogulnick.

If I didn't have TiVo, I probably would have hurled a brick through my TV.

SOecks
03-30-2006, 07:07 PM
I will never forgive Comcast Sports for the Chicago Tribune Live they had the day after the Sox won the Series.

If I remember it correctly, the panel was Ed Sherman, Phil Rogers (or David Haugh?), and...

yup, Mike Ogulnick.

If I didn't have TiVo, I probably would have hurled a brick through my TV.

I didn't see that. What sort of pointless crap did Ogulnick say on that show?