PDA

View Full Version : What a party

OzzyTrain
03-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Just wanted to thanks the Sox for treating us ( rookie season ticket holders so well ) . What a party, great food, who can pass up free ball park hot dogs. I'm eating some write now as I type :) .

OzzyTrain
03-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Also they gave us two free sox tickets

OzzyTrain
03-26-2006, 06:37 PM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/863/whitesox9bt.jpg

Whats different ?

Edward
03-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Cool pic, did anybody else happen to take some inside the stadium?

Law11
03-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Just wanted to thanks the Sox for treating us ( rookie season ticket holders so well ) . What a party, great food, who can pass up free ball park hot dogs. I'm eating some write now as I type :) .

A freind of mine who went told me about this. I never recived an invite and knew nothing about it. Talk about an insult. Did the ozzie plan not qualify for this...

My buddy who went was real happy with the food except it was on a Friday and as a practicing Catholic couldnt have any dogs, etc..

OzzyTrain
03-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Did the ozzie plan not qualify for this...

Correct, and I hear a lot of other things that plan does not qualify for.

FedEx227
03-26-2006, 09:01 PM
did anybody else happen to take some inside the stadium?

PLEASE GIVE US A GREEN SEAT UPDATE!!

OzzyTrain
03-26-2006, 10:44 PM

Whats different ?

Take a look at the pics

Here is a better one

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/223/photo0181bo.jpg

INSox56
03-26-2006, 11:16 PM
What a blast! GJ Sox!!!

Here's a few pics of my own...

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0004a0cn.jpg

Edit: Ran out of time to upload ;) More pics later

NorthSideSox72
03-27-2006, 09:45 AM
I was actually fairly disappointed by the party. The free food was dogs and wings, and the wings were terrible. All the table set up there were for selling you something. You could only access the club level, and couldn't check out your seats (unless you were a club level holder). You could go to 100 level, but only to access the gift shop, where you could spend more money.

The only cool thing really was the trophy, which was neat to see. Other than that, pretty lame all in all.

NorthSideSox72
03-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Also they gave us two free sox tickets
:o:
Free tix? We didn't get any. Where did you find those?

SoxFan78
03-27-2006, 09:51 AM
I was actually fairly disappointed by the party. The free food was dogs and wings, and the wings were terrible. All the table set up there were for selling you something. You could only access the club level, and couldn't check out your seats (unless you were a club level holder). You could go to 100 level, but only to access the gift shop, where you could spend more money.

The only cool thing really was the trophy, which was neat to see. Other than that, pretty lame all in all.

At least you got to go! People like me who bought season tickets last year and have never gotten a party were left out in the cold.

Be happy that you got to get into the park before the season started.

jake5824
03-27-2006, 10:01 AM
that is dumb not being able to see where your 100 level seats are, who really cares about sitting in the 300 level seats its not like youre watching a game.

IronFisk
03-27-2006, 10:06 AM

Whats different ?

Okay - other than the green/blue seat look - did they shorten the infield???

itsnotrequired
:o:
Free tix? We didn't get any. Where did you find those?

They are vouchers for tickets. They were in the clear plastic "ticket holder" that came with the lanyard.

Hangar18

Bahhh, take it in stride. you got some wings and hot dogs. I knew this was all that it was going to be, at least some people had the option to Not attend. Some of you guys I bet thought you could get inside the scoreboard and set off some fireworks too, heh heh that said, I bet they have a better party during the summer.

ws05champs
03-27-2006, 10:12 AM
that is dumb not being able to see where your 100 level seats are, who really cares about sitting in the 300 level seats its not like youre watching a game.

They had crews throughout the stadium power-washing the seats so it would have been tough to let people in to try them. My guess it that they are getting the park ready for something.

bnlfanmatt
03-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Of course, some people got to see the covered up banner, but the cover was thin enough for the banner to show through, so took a picture, manipulated lighting and contrast in photoshop, and this is what I got.

Enjoy.

Hangar18
03-27-2006, 10:16 AM

Theres a seating chart on the schedules and on the SOX website, that shows all the sections, should give everyone an idea where their seats are.

Hangar18
03-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Of course, some people got to see the covered up banner, but the cover was thin enough for the banner to show through, so took a picture, manipulated lighting and contrast in photoshop, and this is what I got.

Enjoy.

EXCELLENT PIC my man. Im glad to see the SOX being a little creative with their signage, that looks awesome. Good Job Sox!

Hangar18
03-27-2006, 10:20 AM
They had crews throughout the stadium power-washing the seats so it would have been tough to let people in to try them. My guess it that they are getting the park ready for something.

Judging from the pictures, they look virtually the same as the ones taken by our spies a few weeks ago. Apparently, looks like the work on the seats has stopped for some time now. No wonder theyre not finished

dickallen15
03-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Judging from the pictures, they look virtually the same as the ones taken by our spies a few weeks ago. Apparently, looks like the work on the seats has stopped for some time now. No wonder theyre not finished

Easy. The guy they had installing the seats needed a vacation.

itsnotrequired
03-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Gee, I'm kind of surprised to see some blowback about the party. What were people expecting? The Sox didn't owe new season ticket holders anything so I felt it was a nice gesture. People were able to visit the club level and Stadium Club, something I personally had never done before. You could get up close and personal with the trophy without having to pay a fee or wait in some huge line. You got to leisurely hang out in the Club seats without a massive crowd of people. And hey, you got some free food and drinks in addition to a couple game tickets. I guess you can't please some people...

The Sox should have provided a personal tour for all ticket holders. I should have been able to run the bases, eat a steak off of home plate, spend the night in a suite, shoot off fireworks, email Brooks, have JR wash my car, gotten every jersey (signed, home and away) and take a nap in my seat. The Sox screw me once again!

:rolleyes:

INSox56
03-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Gee, I'm kind of surprised to see some blowback about the party. What were people expecting? The Sox didn't owe new season ticket holders anything so I felt it was a nice gesture. People were able to visit the club level and Stadium Club, something I personally had never done before. You could get up close and personal with the trophy without having to pay a fee or wait in some huge line. You got to leisurely hang out in the Club seats without a massive crowd of people. And hey, you got some free food and drinks in addition to a couple game tickets. I guess you can't please some people...

:rolleyes:

Agreed...I had a good time just hanging out and actually seeing the club level/stadium club. It was really awesome honestly. And as you said, they didn't have to do anything. Sucks that not everyone got the free UD tix, must have been more of a grab bag. I thought it was good for something to get the ticket holders excited and ready for the season. I know it did for me.

itsnotrequired
03-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I thought it was good for something to get the ticket holders excited and ready for the season. I know it did for me.

Oh, absolutely. When I walked out into the sun on the Club Level and saw the field for the first time in months, it finally hit me that Opening Day was only a week away. I'm supposed to be studying for a test later this month but it is going to be damn hard to stay focused this week.:D:

Hangar18
03-27-2006, 11:01 AM
The Sox should have provided a personal tour for all ticket holders. I should have been able to run the bases, eat a steak off of home plate, spend the night in a suite, shoot off fireworks, email Brooks, have JR wash my car, gotten every jersey (signed, home and away) and take a nap in my seat. The Sox screw me once again!

not to bash anyone, but this was a party for the 1st timers and it does make sense on paper to do this, the SOX want to keep these people on board for a while. I knew thats all this was going to be, but for whatever reason, wild speculation abounded about visiting seats, free beer, jersey signings, players eating with fans, steaks served on home plate etc.
Its just dogs and wings. the free tickets are a nice gesture though .....

CaptainBallz
03-27-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm not complaining about it. I downed my dogs and my wings and had me a soda pop, got my picture with the trophy (which I wasn't expecting) and was able to get some pictures of the stadium before the season. It was a little different than I expected. I was hoping for some beers, but oh well. It was a nice little thing that, indeed, they didn't HAVE to do. They were definitely trying to get you to spend more money, but you didn't have to. They didn't charge for parking or anything, so whatever. And my nephew gets a Sox whiffle bat and ball. Sweet!

6 days!

itsnotrequired
03-27-2006, 11:23 AM
not to bash anyone, but this was a party for the 1st timers and it does make sense on paper to do this, the SOX want to keep these people on board for a while. I knew thats all this was going to be, but for whatever reason, wild speculation abounded about visiting seats, free beer, jersey signings, players eating with fans, steaks served on home plate etc.
Its just dogs and wings. the free tickets are a nice gesture though .....

The "visiting your seat" possibility came from me. My rep said you would be able to. Well, he actually said you would be able to "see" your seat. From the Club level I was able to look up at my seats so technically, you could say I "saw" them.:tongue:

The more I think about it, the more the idea of eating a steak off of home plate sounds like a great Fantasy Experience that the Sox could offer.:cool:

ewokpelts
03-27-2006, 11:26 AM
I hear all this complaining, yet I would have gone if i was invited. I havent been to a st party since 2003, the last time they held one. I would have eaten the free hot dogs, had teh wings(even if they're bad), and enjoyed myself.
Oh no.....they had stuff to sell? Thank you for pointing that out captain obvious. They ALWAYS have stuff to sell. It's the sox way: wait in line and watch them try to sell you stuff. The sooner you just accept that, the better. And if you notice, most of the merchandise at these parties is sold at a DISCOUNT.

And on top of that, you got a pair of free tickets. Gee, I'd like a free pair, since I've spent thousands upon thousands on this organization BEFORE they won the series. But I dont get one, since I'm not a jhonny come lately bandwagon st holder.

Gene

bgpoppapaul
03-27-2006, 11:30 AM
I've had season tickets that I've split with someone for 7 years. I finally got the cash together to get my own package now (weekends) and I think it was wonderful. The food wasn't all that much, but it was nice to see the trophy in the park and one thing blew my mind..... I have never seen so many happy Sox fans in my life. It was like I was in some bizarre alternate world. Usually you an event like this would be filled with surly pessimists (myself included) but this was wonderful to feel. Again the feeling of love and pride in the Sox was so evident that that it was worth going. Everyone had smiles on their face and were telling their stories of the hell that the Sox put them through in September and then the wonderful feeling of relief and joy we had. I give the Sox credit for being proactive in taking care of their season ticket base. It's not like it cost us anything. I give the Sox credit for in the very least giving the illusion us that they care.....how many other clubs in town can say they treat their season ticket base as well?

WS in 05
03-27-2006, 11:34 AM
But I dont get one, since I'm not a jhonny come lately bandwagon st holder.

Gene

Were on the bandwagon now because this is the first year we've won? give us a break for some its the first time we could summon up the money to afford this kind of stuff, like myself. Also took into consideration that with us winning the world series there will be those bandwagoners who will go to games just because its cool and take away the joy from a true fan of being able to get tickets

CaptainBallz
03-27-2006, 11:39 AM
And on top of that, you got a pair of free tickets. Gee, I'd like a free pair, since I've spent thousands upon thousands on this organization BEFORE they won the series. But I dont get one, since I'm not a jhonny come lately bandwagon st holder.

Gene

But at least you're not bitter.....

dickallen15
03-27-2006, 11:48 AM
I hear all this complaining, yet I would have gone if i was invited. I havent been to a st party since 2003, the last time they held one. I would have eaten the free hot dogs, had teh wings(even if they're bad), and enjoyed myself.
Oh no.....they had stuff to sell? Thank you for pointing that out captain obvious. They ALWAYS have stuff to sell. It's the sox way: wait in line and watch them try to sell you stuff. The sooner you just accept that, the better. And if you notice, most of the merchandise at these parties is sold at a DISCOUNT.

Gene

Hopefully they have something in mind for the current ticketholders. I agree, a party for new accounts and nothing for the loyal old ones isn't right.

Hangar18
03-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Hopefully they have something in mind for the current ticketholders. I agree, a party for new accounts and nothing for the loyal old ones isn't right.

You know they will have one for the regular st holders. This wasnt a bad idea actually ............. to take time and do something for the Brand New/1st time ST holders

BeefyD
03-27-2006, 12:45 PM

Whats different ?

Darn, I was hoping that my butt was the last ever in my seat for Game 2 WS in Sec. 154. I guess some other lucky person will have the honor.

BeefyD
03-27-2006, 12:49 PM

Enjoy.

Were you trying to mask the photo so as not to give it away? I saved your pic, opened it in Photoshop, went to Image/Adjust/Auto Levels, and I can see it way better now. Of course, I'm not going to post it just in case that was your intention (not to give it away).

Kuzman
03-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I never got any of the free tickets becuase my name was one of the few that never got added to the list. Even though I RSVP'd as soon as I got the invitation. Eh oh well. I'm not worried about the extra game, I already get to hear Gene Honda say "Your World Champion White Sox" atleast 30 times this year. I'm content with that :D:

itsnotrequired
03-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Were you trying to mask the photo so as not to give it away? I saved your pic, opened it in Photoshop, went to Image/Adjust/Auto Levels, and I can see it way better now. Of course, I'm not going to post it just in case that was your intention (not to give it away).

There is a mesh cover over the real banner. It is pretty see-through so with some digital enhancement, it isn't too hard to figure out what is underneath.

soxfanaticpaulie
03-27-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't know why anyone is complaining. I thought it was a really great time to be able to go to the park before the season starts, with not that many people there, hang out on the club level and watch the WS DVD and eat some dogs and wings, chips and pop FOR FREE...and see the Stadium Club (which I had never been in). Not to mention getting to see the trophy and take pictures without waiting in a 4 hours line. It was great! I don't think there were any ticket vouchers in my lanyard (i'll double check). Must have been a raffle-type thing where some did, some didn't.

Man...the hostility towards the new ST holders... This is the first year I really could do it. It's my second year out of college, and I actually live close to the stadium now (only a short 'L' ride away). I wanted to get a package last year, but alas, no partner and a long drive prevented me. I am 23 years old and hope to be a season ticket holder from now until the day I die. This party was a great welcome. I'm positive that the ST vets will get their day, and likely get a bigger bash than the new guys.

I'm sure there are many like me, and many new holders that deserve distain. The ones that I will be hating are the people who are going to sell off every single game at an inflated price to make a profit, preventing real fans from enjoying a game at a fair price. (Them and converted cubs fans :rolleyes: ) I'm sure the flubs flunkies will be easy to pick out of the crowd, though...they'll be the ones not paying attention to the game.

BeefyD
03-27-2006, 01:21 PM
There is a mesh cover over the real banner. It is pretty see-through so with some digital enhancement, it isn't too hard to figure out what is underneath.

Very true. But the pic could be a lot better. Unless there are those that don't want to see what it will look like before Sunday, and that's why it was dark.
Not complaining... Just curious.

dakuda
03-27-2006, 01:33 PM
The two free tickets are cleverly disquised as schedules. Those are redeemable for the UD seats.

comet2k
03-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Usually businesses do these kinds of events when they're starting out or when they're losing customers. The Sox have been around a while (or so I hear) ahd have a waiting list for ST holders, so it's pretty surprising they went through as much trouble as they did for newbies like me. In these days of poor to non-existant customer service/appreciation, the Sox are doing a better job than most businesses.

My 15-year-old son and I had a good time. He wolfed down several pounds of wings, walked around Club Level, sat outside with me in the seats gabbing about baseball and the coming season and talked to Carlos May. If a teenager enjoys himself, they did something right.

jake5824
03-27-2006, 02:17 PM
The ones that I will be hating are the people who are going to sell off every single game at an inflated price to make a profit.

The party sounded lousy for the drive it would take to get their, i think people think its better than it was because they got actual invites to go.

i sold my opening day for $240 and im selling my cubs tickets which im sure ill be able to pull over $120 each game, a total of 3 games in the upper deck.
Im still going to be attending 25 other games and with scalped tickets ill have extra money to buy my season tickets for next yr. So before you use the eye roll use a little common sense.

Cat Thief
03-27-2006, 02:23 PM
got a pair of free tickets. Gee, I'd like a free pair, since I've spent thousands upon thousands on this organization BEFORE they won the series. But I dont get one, since I'm not a jhonny come lately bandwagon st holder.

Gene

Want mine?

itsnotrequired
03-27-2006, 02:29 PM
The party sounded lousy for the drive it would take to get their, i think people think its better than it was because they got actual invites to go.

i sold my opening day for $240 and im selling my cubs tickets which im sure ill be able to pull over $120 each game, a total of 3 games in the upper deck.
Im still going to be attending 25 other games and with scalped tickets ill have extra money to buy my season tickets for next yr. So before you use the eye roll use a little common sense.

The drive might not have be worth it if you live out in Aurora but I found my 15 minute drive to be well worth my time.

soxfanaticpaulie
03-27-2006, 02:57 PM

I'm not talking about people selling a couple of games to help with the expense, I'm talking about the people who will be selling a lot of their tickets due to the number of sellouts there are sure to be, especially for big dates. If you would read more carefully I said "...people who are going to sell off every single game at an inflated price to make a profit..." I didn't say anything about selling a couple big dates to help with the expenses. The eyeroll was also meant for the Cubbie-Converts, which is why it was in the parenthesis with that statement.

Wearing your sensitive pants today? :rolleyes:

ws05champs
03-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Some of you guys I bet thought you could get inside the scoreboard and set off some fireworks too, heh heh

They said I could shoot off some fireworks but when they told me where I'd have to stick it in order to launch them I declined.

Hey it was a nice time and worth attending if you could. It was really classy by the Sox to put it on and I appreciate it, but if you couldn't make it, you did not miss the premier event of the year.

bnlfanmatt
03-27-2006, 04:01 PM

Honestly, I was just trying to do it manually, and I spent very little time/effort making it more obvious. The originally barely showed lettering against the white, and if you can get it to see better, go ahead and post it.

INSox56
03-27-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm also kinda taken aback at some of the hostility towards the new ST holders like myself. As with several other new holders, I JUST got out of college. If anyone could suggest economically how to pay for college and STs I would have been appreciative. But since that's not possible, I couldn't get them till this year. And many of us were more than likely planning on getting STs halfway through the season or sooner, as with myself.

dickallen15
03-27-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm also kinda taken aback at some of the hostility towards the new ST holders like myself. As with several other new holders, I JUST got out of college. If anyone could suggest economically how to pay for college and STs I would have been appreciative. But since that's not possible, I couldn't get them till this year. And many of us were more than likely planning on getting STs halfway through the season or sooner, as with myself.

The majority of new accounts are bandwagon jumpers who never would have bothered if they didn't get playoff tickets last year out of the deal. I think some veteran season ticketholders are a little taken aback by the fact that new accounts get a party and more free tickets while the people who have been buying season tickets dissapointing season after dissapointing season aren't invited. As a long-time season ticketholder, I don't resent any of the new ones, and am happy the White Sox did something for you. I just wonder why they would leave out the rest of us. Its not like there are that many us.

comet2k
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
This may be my first year as a partial season ticket holder, but I don't consider myself a "Johnny come lately." Where were most of you guys when I rooted for the Sox in the 1959 World Series? :D:

The reason I jumped on the bandwagon this year was because I figured out in early November I could no longer pick out seven or eight games when single-game tickets went on sale and get decent seats. It was self-defense (or at least that's what I tell my wife).

anotherDCsoxfan
03-27-2006, 06:19 PM
It probably wouldn't have hurt them to open this up, but the logic is simple -- longtime holders are in it for the love of the game and the franchise. Some of the new ticket holders are in because the Sox won. And the Sox won't win forever. So they need to offer enought perks to make the new holders feel some allegiance to the team and the club.

dickallen15
03-27-2006, 06:45 PM
It probably wouldn't have hurt them to open this up, but the logic is simple -- longtime holders are in it for the love of the game and the franchise. Some of the new ticket holders are in because the Sox won. And the Sox won't win forever. So they need to offer enought perks to make the new holders feel some allegiance to the team and the club.

That's fine, but you don't alienate your long-time customers. If you have been going to a bar for 15 years and one day they started handing out free drinks to people who have never been there before, but said you can't have any free ones because your a regular, would it tick you off a bit?

ewokpelts
03-27-2006, 06:52 PM
You know they will have one for the regular st holders. This wasnt a bad idea actually ............. to take time and do something for the Brand New/1st time ST holders

I was told by my rep that the team wants to keep as many of these new accounts past 2006. I was also told that there will be another event after teh season starts(not sure if all accounts, or just returning accounts)
Gene

ewokpelts
03-27-2006, 06:54 PM
I don't know why anyone is complaining. I thought it was a really great time to be able to go to the park before the season starts, with not that many people there, hang out on the club level and watch the WS DVD and eat some dogs and wings, chips and pop FOR FREE...and see the Stadium Club (which I had never been in). Not to mention getting to see the trophy and take pictures without waiting in a 4 hours line. It was great! I don't think there were any ticket vouchers in my lanyard (i'll double check). Must have been a raffle-type thing where some did, some didn't.

Man...the hostility towards the new ST holders... This is the first year I really could do it. It's my second year out of college, and I actually live close to the stadium now (only a short 'L' ride away). I wanted to get a package last year, but alas, no partner and a long drive prevented me. I am 23 years old and hope to be a season ticket holder from now until the day I die. This party was a great welcome. I'm positive that the ST vets will get their day, and likely get a bigger bash than the new guys.

I'm sure there are many like me, and many new holders that deserve distain. The ones that I will be hating are the people who are going to sell off every single game at an inflated price to make a profit, preventing real fans from enjoying a game at a fair price. (Them and converted cubs fans :rolleyes: ) I'm sure the flubs flunkies will be easy to pick out of the crowd, though...they'll be the ones not paying attention to the game.
I'm not hostile towards new accounts, just the ones that spit on a perk that long time account holders dont even get....
Gene

ewokpelts
03-27-2006, 06:55 PM
The two free tickets are cleverly disquised as schedules. Those are redeemable for the UD seats.are they us cellular vouchers? or ticket-style vouchers?

itsnotrequired
03-27-2006, 06:57 PM
are they us cellular vouchers? or ticket-style vouchers?

US Cellular. Its about 3" x 6", has a schedule on one side and info on the other side. There is a barcode on the bottom of the schedule side. Good for Upper Reserve for any April or May "Regular" game.

INSox56
03-27-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm not hostile towards new accounts, just the ones that spit on a perk that long time account holders dont even get....
Gene

Thanks for clarifying actually. It is true that the majority of the new ST holders AREN'T like me and some others. They just are the more Cub-type fans....and we all know how a lot of them are. But anyway, butts in seats are what really matters up till a certain point. When SOME people around you are morons who don't know anything about the team, that's not as bad. When it's like a cubs game and no one is even paying attn to the game, that's when I'll draw the line.

Oh I thought I remember Brooks saying something at SF about long time season ticket holders as well as the newer holders having something planned. Granted that was January, so who knows.

TheOldRoman
03-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Okay - other than the green/blue seat look - did they shorten the infield???
Huh?

Parrothead
03-27-2006, 11:10 PM
This may be my first year as a partial season ticket holder, but I don't consider myself a "Johnny come lately." Where were most of you guys when I rooted for the Sox in the 1959 World Series? :D:

The reason I jumped on the bandwagon this year was because I figured out in early November I could no longer pick out seven or eight games when single-game tickets went on sale and get decent seats. It was self-defense (or at least that's what I tell my wife).

I am with you. I have been on and off for a partial season tickets since 1990. This year I got them due to the large crowds expected. In previous years I would "walk up" to about 25 - 30 games a year. So on bandwagon hopping here either.

SoxFan78
03-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Gene

POTW!!!!

I agree 100%. I found it really weird that the Sox were throwing a NEW season ticket holder party, but seemingly doing nothing for the ST holders that have had the tickets before they won the world series.

skobabe8
03-29-2006, 07:17 PM

Selling the Cubs tickets is something I'm considering to recoup a portion of the money I spent on season tickets. The opening day tickets to me are a different matter. Maybe I'm in the minority, but theres no way I'm even considering parting ways with those babies for anything less than $8,000 each. Seeing the defending champs for the first time a nd raising a banner is something that almost NO ONE in this city has ever seen and if it doesnt happen for another 80 some odd years I'll be kickin myself the rest of my life.

chisoxmike
03-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Selling the Cubs tickets is something I'm considering to recoup a portion of the money I spent on season tickets. The opening day tickets to me are a different matter. Maybe I'm in the minority, but theres no way I'm even considering parting ways with those babies for anything less than $8,000 each. Seeing the defending champs for the first time a nd raising a banner is something that almost NO ONE in this city has ever seen and if it doesnt happen for another 80 some odd years I'll be kickin myself the rest of my life.

I totally agree. I only have tix for the first Sox/Cubs game so I want to go to that. If I had tix for all 3, I would sell the Sat, Sun games. I'm thinking of parting with one of the Yankees games I have or the Red Sox game. I'm sure on the WS Ticket Exchage those would go for some nice $$$. But I know I could make a killing for the opening day and ring ceremony tickets, but its too important to me to attend.

IronFisk
03-30-2006, 12:36 AM
Huh?

Sorry, that was the WHISKEY talkin'! :redneck

jake5824
03-30-2006, 04:19 AM
The opening day tickets to me are a different matter. Maybe I'm in the minority, but theres no way I'm even considering parting ways with those babies for anything less than $8,000 each. Seeing the defending champs for the first time a nd raising a banner is something that almost NO ONE in this city has ever seen and if it doesnt happen for another 80 some odd years I'll be kickin myself the rest of my life.

Yeah it would be exciting being at the game opening day, but I already made plans to go to my brothers house he just bought a pretty big plasma TV and I can witness the banner ceremony on comcast. I can then enjoy the opening day game with my gf and plenty of other people.

On Tuesday Im sitting in my 100 Level seats for the ring ceremony.

Steelrod
03-30-2006, 05:15 AM
POTW!!!!

I agree 100%. I found it really weird that the Sox were throwing a NEW season ticket holder party, but seemingly doing nothing for the ST holders that have had the tickets before they won the world series.
It's a new world folks. An intimate party for all season tickets would have to hold 20,000 people! Thats a lot of wings.
Been a season ticket holder forever and have never attended a party, however take it for what it is worth. Had they served martinis, someone wouldn't have liked the brand of liquor used. A party is a party. If you complained that you didn't like the food this year, don't complain that you weren't invited next year.

DaleJRFan
03-30-2006, 04:04 PM

Enjoy.

Good job on the spy photo! :D: I got better results with the same photo using auto-levels, though...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4114&stc=1&d=1143756225