PDA

View Full Version : Who's the more dangerous hitter?

Dice
03-26-2006, 02:52 PM
A healthy Jim Thome or Paul Konerko? I'm asking this because I started my MLB 06:The Show league on PS2 and I got Konerko batting 3rd and Thome batting clean up. And so far after 10 games Konerko is ripping the cover off the ball with a .567 avg 5 HR and 15 RBI's

I feel with Konerko batting 3rd and Thome batting clean up this protects Konerko. Konerko will see more fastballs and will see his batting numbers rise incredibly. I think Thome is the more dangerous hitter and should bat clean up BUT since Ozzie is the manager of the World Champion White Sox then I guess he's better off batting 3rd.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-26-2006, 03:01 PM
I voted for PK by accident. Your poll was confusing.

esbrechtel
03-26-2006, 03:10 PM
i voted for thome however, if he is healthy they are a very lethal 1-2 punch, btw is that game good? i cant decide whether to hold out for MLB 2k6....

TheOldRoman
03-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Thome is the much better hitter. He puts up a monster OBP every year, and he has more power than Konerko. However, Konerko will have real protection in the lineup for the first time since July of 04. With Thome hitting in front of him, he could put up numbers that put his last two years to shame.

MarySwiss
03-26-2006, 04:37 PM
You should have included a "this poll sucks" category. Because it would probably be winning.

WHO CARES? They're both on our team! Luxuriate!

pearso66
03-26-2006, 04:43 PM
A healthy Jim Thome or Paul Konerko? I'm asking this because I started my MLB 06:The Show league on PS2 and I got Konerko batting 3rd and Thome batting clean up. And so far after 10 games Konerko is ripping the cover off the ball with a .567 avg 5 HR and 15 RBI's

I feel with Konerko batting 3rd and Thome batting clean up this protects Konerko. Konerko will see more fastballs and will see his batting numbers rise incredibly. I think Thome is the more dangerous hitter and should bat clean up BUT since Ozzie is the manager of the World Champion White Sox then I guess he's better off batting 3rd.

I have Thome hitting 3rd with Konerko hitting 4th. After about 35 games or so, Thome has 19 homeruns with 29 RBI's and is hitting .390. Konerko is hitting .389 with 6 homers and 14 RBI's. I'd be happy with both of those numbers, lol of course neither one will have that big of an average.

SOXSINCE'70
03-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I voted for Thome.Konerko's getting better,but he's no Jim Thome.:cool:

Ol' No. 2
03-26-2006, 05:04 PM
:ozzie Shove your PS2! I make the ****ing lineup!

miker
03-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Toss up IMHO. PK is in his prime and Thome is a proven veteran that when healthy has the hitting wisdom to counteract any diminishing of his skills. I am also pretty confident his health issues are behind him, or will at least be protected by being the DH.

It's great to have the both of them!

DaleJRFan
03-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Two ALDS homers, two ALCS first-inning, multi-rbi homers, World Series grand slams... Konerko is ****ing dangerous, period. But... he's no Thome. Thome/Konerko one of the best 3/4 combos in the league and probably the best in Sox history (Thomas/Maggs was pretty good, too).

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/7f/180px-Chrisberman.jpg

"EVERYBODY knows about Manny and Big Papi in Boston...."

JohnBasedowYoda
03-26-2006, 07:39 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/7f/180px-Chrisberman.jpg

Thank you for ruining my night. I really appreciate it. Here I was just having a good time, laughing it up on WSI, drinking some Stiegl. Then boom a sucker punch out of left field.

Bobbo35
03-26-2006, 07:41 PM
You should have included a "this poll sucks" category. Because it would probably be winning.

WHO CARES? They're both on our team! Luxuriate!

I was thinking the same thing.