PDA

View Full Version : cub fans are entertaining

irish rover
01-16-2002, 01:52 PM
just for laughs I read the cub board at thier mlb site. Boy is it funny

ex. this is from one in reference to Kerry filing for arb

"I just wish things were like they were in '98...the HR chase, 21Ks vs the 'stros, Harry's
ghost following the team...and of course the tiebreaker playoff to capture the wildcard.

Lets just hire Zim and Dawson as coaches...and bring back Grace as a coach too after
he retires. Then we'd have fan favorites that the players will like too. And the team can
hopefully stay intact instead of changing every year....kind of sounds like the Braves
huh???"

Not too high of expectations huh???

PaleHoseGeorge
01-16-2002, 02:07 PM
Only a Cubs fan would remember fondly winning a one-game playoff to become the wild card.

*****!

Fisk Fan
01-16-2002, 02:10 PM
Pleeeeease!

cheeses_h_rice
01-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Only a Cubs fan would remember fondly winning a one-game playoff to become the wild card.

*****!

I was at a bar about 2 blocks away watching the game with a few Flubbie-fan friends of mine, and I've said it before and I'll say it again: Flub fans acted as if they'd won Game 7 of the World Series that night. Set your expectations that low, and I guess winning a Wild Card tiebreaker seems like an amazing accomplishment.

Iwritecode
01-16-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I was at a bar about 2 blocks away watching the game with a few Flubbie-fan friends of mine, and I've said it before and I'll say it again: Flub fans acted as if they'd won Game 7 of the World Series that night. Set your expectations that low, and I guess winning a Wild Card tiebreaker seems like an amazing accomplishment.

Personally, I enjoyed the 3 following games much more. :D:

Kilroy
01-16-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Yeah, that's when Shammy posted his fabulous playoff numbers:
2 for 11, .182 0 runs, 0 rbi. Just call him Mr. Clutch.

cheeses_h_rice
01-16-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Have I ever told you how much I luuuv Javy Lopez?

:gulp:

Foulke You
01-16-2002, 02:43 PM
I bought a $3 Braves hat just so I could wear it to work during that series to piss off all the Cub fans there. You should have seen the looks I got wearing that beauty on my head. Of course, I only had to wear it for a few games because it was over so quickly and then I put the good ol' S-O-X back on my head. The Atlanta hat is now collecting dust somewhere. If the Braves ever play the Cubs in a playoff series again, I'll be ready.

Tragg
01-16-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

*****!

No, no no!!!

It's not the wildcard.

It is the "wildcard championship"

ROTFLMFAO

irish rover
01-16-2002, 06:50 PM
i went there again and there is a thread cubs vs sox. Its an alright thread which the author was curious who was better at what position. A cub fan and Canseco fan responded with a pretty good post and gave alot of props to the sox however this is part of his post where he showed his true intelligence. This in respones to McGriff vs Fran

"Now here's where it gets good. Frank Thomas is a whiney baby that will not rehab back to 100%. He doesn't have it in him. Don't look for him to play any 1B unless they have to put him there. The White Sox fans do not care for him, and wish some unsuspecting GM would trade for him. Look at all the records and accomplishments Fred McGriff has made through his career. They will greatly outshine Frank."

LOL, of course I had to show him the stats

Fred: .287 avg, 381 OBP, 514 SLG 13 seasons of over 100 K's

5 time all-star, 2 time silver slugger, 1 time all-star MVP

Frank: 319 avg, 438 OBP, 577SLG, only 1 season with over 100 K's

5 time all-star, 4 time silver slugger, 2 time AL MVP(not all-star mvp)

Fred has 448 Hrs to Franks 348, Fred has 1202 BB's Frank has 1198 however fred has played in 4.5 more seasons

BlackSox
01-16-2002, 06:58 PM
"I just wish things were like they were in '98...the HR chase, 21Ks vs the 'stros,..."

Irish, go back and tell this "fan" that Kerry only struck out 20 Astros that day.

CubKilla
01-17-2002, 01:13 AM
Mc Whiff better than Frank? Laughable. What's even more hilarious was how the sCrUBS celebrated after they won the one game playoff. Whoever likened it to winning game 7 of the WS was right. Partying like that after BARELY squeaking into the playoffs was ridiculous. Then again, the Cubs haven't had too much to celebrate in recent memory.

RKMeibalane
01-17-2002, 05:34 PM
No disrespect intended towards Fred McGriff, but I fail to see how he is better than a man who has drawn comparisions to Ted Williams because of his excellent all-around offensive statistics. That just goes to show you how stupid Cubs fans are. They twist and manipulate every statistic in order to make it look as though the Cubs actually know what they are doing. I was arguing with a Cubs fan once. The exchange went something like this:

Cubs Fan: Thomas sucks. He's only there for his offense, and he isn't even good at that.

Me: I don't know about that. He has a lifetime batting average over .300, including .328 in 2000. He also hit 43 homeruns that season, and drove in 143 runs (I think).

Cubs Fan: Ooooh! I'm scared. Forty three homeruns isn't that much compared to Sosa.

Me: It is when you consider that Sosa plays half of his games in one of the most hitter-friendly stadiums in baseball. If Thomas played there, he'd hit more homers. Besides, Thomas is a great "hitter." He doesn't just go up there and try to kill the ball like Sosa does.

Cubs Fan: That's because he can't.

Me: No. He doesn't hit as many homeruns because he understands that sometimes it is only necessary to hit a sac fly or hit a double to drive in runs. He has said several times that hitting for average is his favorite thing.

Cubs Fan: And he sucks at that.

Me: Really? If that's the case, then what do you have to say about players who have lower career batting averages than Thomas? By the way, Sosa's batting average is lower than Frank's.

Cubs Fan: (Getting frustrated) So! Sosa steals more bases than Frank.

Me: Not this season (2001) he didn't. He stole a whopping zero bases.

This just goes to show how ignorant most Cub fans are. They think that anything other players accomplish isn't worth anything, in spite of what 99.9% of baseball thinks. They honestly believe that their word is golden, that their pittiful excuse for a team is worth watching.

Fisk Fan
01-17-2002, 05:40 PM
You really can't argue with a Flubs fan and expect it to go anywhere. They simply don't know the facts, or better yet, they do not have the ability to call on those facts to defend themselves. I usually let the results speak for themselves.

irish rover
01-17-2002, 07:21 PM
To me what shows that he is an oustanding hitter is that he has had only 1 season where he had over 100k's that was his firstfull year in the bigs. Sammy however has had 9 in his thirteen in the majors