PDA

View Full Version : Question on how the Bullpen Sports Bar works.

WSox8404
03-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Just how does one get into the sports bar and once in what are you entitled to? I want to plan an outing for me and my buddies this summer and I never went there before. Any help would be appreciated.

DumpJerry
03-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Go to the gate at the Right Field Corner of the park. Go past the ramps and there is a double door in front of you. Seated at the door are two security guys who will card you unless you look 85 years old. Enter the room and enjoy!

The BSB closes about 45 minutes after the game ends. If you run (and I mean RUN) into the BSB as soon as the gates open and go to the bar, you can try to buy patio tickets (first-come/first-served). Once seated on the patio, you can order your food and drink during the game from waitstaff.

WSox8404
03-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Go to the gate at the Right Field Corner of the park. Go past the ramps and there is a double door in front of you. Seated at the door are two security guys who will card you unless you look 85 years old. Enter the room and enjoy!

The BSB closes about 45 minutes after the game ends. If you run (and I mean RUN) into the BSB as soon as the gates open and go to the bar, you can try to buy patio tickets (first-come/first-served). Once seated on the patio, you can order your food and drink during the game from waitstaff.

OK so if you don't score the patio tickets then where do you end up? On the field level right by the fence just standing there? And if you do score the tickets then you end up by a table right? Thanks for the clarification.

DumpJerry
03-25-2006, 07:49 PM
OK so if you don't score the patio tickets then where do you end up? On the field level right by the fence just standing there? And if you do score the tickets then you end up by a table right? Thanks for the clarification.
No patio ticket, no outside seating. I usually stop in there before the game to have a drink or two and then head into the ballpark.

The tables on the patio are assigned. There is a number on the ticket telling you which table you are sitting at.

kninchicago
03-25-2006, 08:07 PM
If you don't get a ticket then you just sit inside. You can still see the field from some seats, other seats you can watch the game on TV. It's a good alternative for when the weather becomes unbearable (like when your seats are in the direct path of wind etc.).

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2006, 09:43 PM
No patio ticket, no outside seating. I usually stop in there before the game to have a drink or two and then head into the ballpark.

The tables on the patio are assigned. There is a number on the ticket telling you which table you are sitting at.That applies to the upper level seating. There's an extra $15 charge per person. For field level outside there's no extra charge, but there's a limited capacity and it's first-come first-served. For weekday games, if you get there when the gates open it's no problem. On weekends, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

chisoxfanatic
03-25-2006, 09:45 PM
It might be a bit harder to get a table this year, as they are having an auction for 7-game BSB table packages on the official site.

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2006, 09:49 PM
It might be a bit harder to get a table this year, as they are having an auction for 7-game BSB table packages on the official site.Man, this winning the World Series has screwed everything up!:redneck

ewokpelts
03-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Man, this winning the World Series has screwed everything up!:redneck
:tealpolice: