PDA

View Full Version : Question about the game on April 4th

WCCMIKE
03-25-2006, 05:58 PM
I think the game starts about 1 so i was wondering about how long do you guys think it will last.I'm asking cause i may need to give someone a ride around 7 so i'm checking ahead of time.

Brian26
03-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Due to MLB's new 3:00 hour time limit rule that begins in 2006, the game is scheduled to finish up at exactly 4pm Central Time.

soxjim
03-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Game time is 1:05. It will be over when the last out is made. I get my cast off that date and will head to the park afterwards. You should be able to do what you need to do by 7pm. My first game of the year and no more cast is priceless.

crazyozzie02
03-25-2006, 06:11 PM
ya, come on man. How are we supposed to know. Hell we didnt know that game five of the World Series was going to last 5 hours now did we.

Brian26
03-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Game time is 1:05. It will be over when the last out is made.

Or, if its tied at the end of the 3:00 hr mark, then Selig's new "Home Run Derby Shootout" goes into effect. Each team gets 3 minutes to send each hitter in their batting order up to the plate. Each team's pitching coach will throw pitches to the hitters in order of their regular game batting order. Each hitter gets three swings to hit a homer. The team with the most homers at the end of the shootout wins the game. The team may use position players that were in the starting lineup, even if they were substituted for during the game. Shootout homers don't count towards regular season statistics. Lots of strategy on this one: Since there is a three minute clock, the pitching coach can choose to "spike the pitches" to the hitters in the order he doesn't want to waste time pitching to. For example, in the shootout, Pods would bat first for the Sox, but Cooper could choose to spike the three pitches to Pods in order to save time and get more pitches to Thome and Crede deeper in the lineup. More later....

itsnotrequired
03-25-2006, 06:25 PM
More later....

How can you leave us in suspense like that? Tell us more!!!

CHISOXFAN13
03-25-2006, 08:01 PM
ya, come on man. How are we supposed to know. Hell we didnt know that game five of the World Series was going to last 5 hours now did we.

LOL. I think you meant game three. There hasn't been a game five in the World Series since 2003.

Kuzman
03-25-2006, 08:16 PM
LOL. I think you meant game three. There hasn't been a game five in the World Series since 2003.

I think he forgot the teal