PDA

View Full Version : Parking for Rookie ST Holder Party??

INSox56
03-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Hey people who went to the party Friday night...did you have to pay for parking at the lots? I HIGHLY DOUBT that they'd make us pay for that.....but you never know. Better safe than sorry. Anyone?

chisoxkar
03-24-2006, 10:41 PM
parking is free

Cuck the Fubs
03-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Parking is free........

We took the red line down though

chisoxmike
03-24-2006, 10:53 PM
How was it? What went on?

roylestillman
03-25-2006, 12:19 AM
OK here goes.

Parking was free, although we took the Red Line (by the way the 35th Street Station is a mess - only one stairway open .) You head up to the stadium club, register (although nobody is checking anything.) There are food stations all over, mostly dogs and wings (A little tough for us Catlics on Friday during Lent.)

But Here's the catch - no beer - soft drinks only

There was no program per se. It really was an open house. They had some computer stations set up to explain your account management. Another table was selling 2005 playoff/world series memorabilia like copies of the newspapers and uncut sheets of tickets.

The entire club level is also open, with the trophy all the way toward the left field corner. Bring a camera and get your picture taken with the trophy (free - no Sox charity donation required) You are also able to go out to the club level seats. The first thing you notice is that the field is in pretty rough shape - patches of sod look bad. Roger needs to get back from St. Louis quick. Second (and I await Hangar's wrath) its surprising how few of the lower deck seats have been converted to green. Oh gift shops are open, too

A surprise awaits on one of the left field light standards. I'll let you figure it out when you get there,

chisoxfanatic
03-25-2006, 12:23 AM
A surprise awaits on on of the left field light standards. I'll let you figure it out when you get there,

Can it be seen from outside the stadium?

MrRoboto83
03-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Can it be seen from outside the stadium?

No you will need to be in the park to see this. It looks like a huge banner that is covered up till opening night. I would say it is 25 feet long.

MrRoboto83
03-25-2006, 08:43 AM
OK here goes.

Parking was free, although we took the Red Line (by the way the 35th Street Station is a mess - only one stairway open .) You head up to the stadium club, register (although nobody is checking anything.) There are food stations all over, mostly dogs and wings (A little tough for us Catlics on Friday during Lent.)

But Here's the catch - no beer - soft drinks only

There was no program per se. It really was an open house. They had some computer stations set up to explain your account management. Another table was selling 2005 playoff/world series memorabilia like copies of the newspapers and uncut sheets of tickets.

The entire club level is also open, with the trophy all the way toward the left field corner. Bring a camera and get your picture taken with the trophy (free - no Sox charity donation required) You are also able to go out to the club level seats. The first thing you notice is that the field is in pretty rough shape - patches of sod look bad. Roger needs to get back from St. Louis quick. Second (and I await Hangar's wrath) its surprising how few of the lower deck seats have been converted to green. Oh gift shops are open, too

A surprise awaits on one of the left field light standards. I'll let you figure it out when you get there,

Also Minni Minoso was there hanging out. i got his autograph and told him I was rooting for him to get into the hall of fame.

jake5824
03-25-2006, 04:17 PM
nice, my ST party was today 3-6pm but I overslept With a ST party every day of the weekend some days having more than 1 my expectations fell pretty far with how cool this "party" was really going to be. Had I woken up on time my brother in law and I were planned to stop up there.

buehrle4cy05
03-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Mine's tommorow...what is it like?

MrRoboto83
03-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Mine's tommorow...what is it like?

I had a good time, but it really wasn't that big of a deal, it was a chance to hang out with other people in your section, free finger food, and a chance to walk around the club level. I was ready to go after an 1 1/2 hours.