PDA

View Full Version : Sox in Anaheim, April 28-30

AuroraSoxFan
03-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Is anyone heading to SoCal for this series? I'll be there with a crew of 4-6 total. Just wondering if we'll be the only Sox fans in the park. Let me know if anyone is making the trip. Thanks.

Brian

patbooyah
03-24-2006, 05:31 PM
you won't be. that's my birthday weekend and i plan to spend every minute in anaheim.

AuroraSoxFan
03-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Sweet deal. I have been to LA but never Anaheim. If you could hit me up and let me know of any good places to go to out that way, that would be cool. Thanks and happy early birthday.

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 05:42 PM
you won't be. that's my birthday weekend and i plan to spend every minute in anaheim.

You got that right .............

patbooyah
03-24-2006, 06:04 PM
haha. yeah, henry is gonna be there. as is longshot.

i'm not really sure what the plan is for anaheim... i live in LA, so i'm not too familiar with the area...

there's got to be a bar close to the stadium, right?

on sat or sun i am going to have a tailgate i think

Mingo
03-25-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm coming from Texas to see the Sox on Friday the 28th (Big Bang Night). Sec 128 somewhere so far out in Right Field you can't see the warning track in Center. Unfortunately, I have to travel to SD to see the Padres and the Dodgers on Saturady Night.

goofymsfan
03-25-2006, 12:06 PM

It's my birthday weekend as well.

I keep debating about trying to go down there but I just don't think I can quite afford it right now. I am trying to plan a trip later in the year though since the Sox only come to Seattle once this year.

miker
03-25-2006, 01:24 PM
How does everyone think the Angels fans will behave towards the Sox and any visiting fans after last years ALCS? Is it like the Dodgers where no one seems to care or are they really vicious (see "Moore, Donnie")?

goofymsfan
03-25-2006, 01:36 PM
How does everyone think the Angels fans will behave towards the Sox and any visiting fans after last years ALCS? Is it like the Dodgers where no one seems to care or are they really vicious (see "Moore, Donnie")?

My experience with Angel "fans" was not a good one. It's another reason why I'm not sure I'll fly down for the series. I went there in 2002 for some Mariner games and the "fans" threw all kinds of stuff at my friend and I. After the game when we went to guest services to complain about the lack of action taken by the seating hosts who watched it all happen, there was another gentleman with his family. He said we were not alone in our experience. The "fans" around him threw beer on his family and made his kids cry.

patbooyah
03-25-2006, 02:37 PM
when we were there for the ALCS everyone was nice to us, and we were wearing our sox jerseys. we were overly respectful though. we would stand and clap, but not taunt. this guy in front of us had a very tight fitting paul konerko jersey on and was screaming after every play. even i found him annoying. i guess he had been heckled and treated so badly that he hired a private security guard to come with him for the final game. hahaha.

BNLSox
03-25-2006, 10:20 PM

I had really bad experiences with the Angels fans during game 4 but they were mostly cool and congratulatory during game 5.

Anyway I wore all of my white sox champ stuff down to angel stadium for the world baseball classic where there were quite a few angel fans who did not seem to be bitter.

I think newer Angels fans (bandwaggoners from 2002) are young abnoxious folks, but on the whole the real Angel fan is just a chill person who loves the game and won't give us much trouble.

Thats my $0.02

AuroraSoxFan
03-27-2006, 10:59 AM
I have been to every park in Cal but Anaheim and have never had a problem. If the ALCS went 7 games and was dramatic we may have some bitterness but after after the game 2 AJ deal there was no question who was in the driver's seat. I doubt there will be much resent out of them. But even if there is, I guess it sucks to be them.

AZChiSoxFan
03-27-2006, 11:12 AM
I was at game 5 of the ALCS last year and I thought the Angels fans around us weren't too bad. Two guys behind us did a lot of talking (way too much) but didn't throw anything at us.

ChiSoxLifer
03-27-2006, 02:22 PM
I was at game 5 as well. Everyone was quite cordial except for one lady who sat in front of me blaming the umpires for the White Sox winning. I told her I believe it's the White Sox pitching and the Angels hitting .185 in the series. I've attended about a dozen games since I've moved here and that's about the worst it got. I even had a few Angels fans congratulating me and hoping the Sox win the World Series.