PDA

View Full Version : Random Predictions for 2006

TheOldRoman
03-24-2006, 04:50 PM
I don't believe this is covered in the preseason predictions thread, so I thought I would start a thread with random predictions. This thread is not for who will have the most wins, homers, etc, but instead what events or feats will happen to the Sox in 2006.

Here are the first few:

The Sox will finally defeat Johan Santana
The Sox will post a winning record against the AL West
The Sox will have five 15 game winners

maurice
03-24-2006, 05:06 PM
For all the hand-wringing about Jenks' spring performance, I guess nobody noticed how Santana has done this spring:
2 GS, 5.2 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 6.35 ERA.

He also lost both of his WBC starts.

SoxFan76
03-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Uribe hits .280
Iguchi breaks .300
Konerko and Thome hit 40 a piece

No dark clouds here!

BlackAndWhite
03-24-2006, 05:18 PM
For all the hand-wringing about Jenks' spring performance, I guess nobody noticed how Santana has done this spring (including the WBC).
Yeah, Santana was awful in the WBC.

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR HB BB SO WHIP HLD GF
0 2 2.16 2 2 0 0 0 8.1 5 3 2 1 0 3 10 0.96 0 0

Looks pretty much like his 2005 stats: Great pitcher with no offensive support. Some people rely a little too much on the most meaningless pitching stat ever: W-L record.

TheOldRoman
03-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah, Santana was awful in the WBC.

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR HB BB SO WHIP HLD GF
0 2 2.16 2 2 0 0 0 8.1 5 3 2 1 0 3 10 0.96 0 0

Looks pretty much like his 2005 stats: Great pitcher with no offensive support. Some people rely a little too much on the most meaningless pitching stat ever: W-L record.
We aren't here to argue. Give a damn prediction already.:D:

BlackAndWhite
03-24-2006, 05:24 PM
We aren't here to argue. Give a damn prediction already.:D:

I'm game. :D:

The AL Central will have one team with 90+ wins
The AL Central will have no teams with 95+ wins
Between Jim Thome and Rondell White, a full season of baseball will be played. :wink:

Mickster
03-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Thome will win AL Comeback POTY
Sidney Ponson will win NL Comeback POTY

Contreras wins 20 games.

0o0o0
03-24-2006, 05:31 PM
The Sox will not have a losing streak longer than 5 games all season long.

Chisox003
03-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Fredrick Garcia wins Cy Young

:gulp:

maurice
03-24-2006, 05:32 PM
For all the hand-wringing about Jenks' spring performance, I guess nobody noticed how Santana has done this spring (including the WBC).

Yeah, Santana was awful in the WBC....Looks pretty much like his 2005 stats: Great pitcher with no offensive support. Some people rely a little too much on the most meaningless pitching stat ever: W-L record.

Spring Training Stats:
2 GS, 1 W, 0 L, 5.2 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 6.35 ERA.

Yeah, 1-0 with a 6.35 ERA looks pretty much like his 2005 stats: great pitching with no offensive support. Only somebody focused on W/L would see the connection to Jenks.

It sucks when somebody completely misrepresents what you said, doesn't it?

The bottom line is Santana has a small sample size with some good games and some bad games...just like Jenks. Some folks choose to focus on Jenks' bad exhbition games, while ignoring his good games, ignoring the small sample size, ignoring that it's spring training, and ignoring that plenty of good pitchers are in the same boat. This point (which already has been raised in the Jenks thread) should be obvious to a statistical master like yourself.

rwcescato
03-24-2006, 05:44 PM
The Sox will have the best ERA in baseball. Also #1 in runs scored and steals.

Crede_Fan
03-24-2006, 05:50 PM
The Sox will win 9 games in a row.

salty99
03-24-2006, 05:55 PM
The Sox will win the first and last games of the season.

Britt Burns
03-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Ozzie will piss someone off
Wrigley Field will still smell like a septic tank
DJ will say something no one-probably including himself-understands
KW will trade away some prospects
The Sox draw 10k for a home game on a Tuesday morning in April during a snowstorm and the Trib will run a front page expose comparing that to the Cubs attendence:whatever:

Vazquez is the top starter by the playoffs
BMac kicks ass in the pen
Jenks is fine after a rough start to the season
Paulie hits 40+ bombs again
Thome stays surprisingly healthy
Iguchi hits far better than last year (something like 290 20hrs 80bi 95r 20 sb)
Uribe reverts to 2004 form at the plate
Crede wins a GG

Oh yeah, and...

the Sox repeat as World Series Champions!!!

TaylorStSox
Contreras wins 20.
Crede hits 30 homers.
Uribe hits .285.
The wild card comes out of the Central.

AnkleSox
Joe Crede will be hit by an A's pitcher and be awarded first base.

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 06:01 PM

Whoah .......... This would be one time I would love you to be right

DumpJerry
03-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Deep pink, my friend. Deep pink.

I want Mags back
03-24-2006, 06:04 PM

that one takes the cake

delben91
03-24-2006, 06:10 PM

You can aim higher than that...

Joe Crede will actually hit a home run that counts.

ma-gaga
03-24-2006, 06:24 PM
C'mon, let's get some real random predictions:

There will be greater than 10 Cleveland Indian trolls that get banned this season.

:cool:

RKMeibalane
03-24-2006, 06:48 PM
1. Paul Konerko will finish as one of the top three candidates in the Most Valuable Player voting.
2. Juan Uribe will win his first Gold Glove.
3. Mark Buehrle will win twenty games, finishing second in the Cy Young voting to Johan Santana.
4. Freddy Garcia will set a career high in strikeouts, but will give up three-run home run to Frank Thomas to lose a critical September game.
5. Ryan Sweeney will hit a grand slam in his September Major League debut.
6. Hawk Harrelson will tell DJ to "shut up" during a telecast, prompting the Chicago mediots to call for his immediate firing.
7. Ozzie Guillen will be ejected Opening Night, but the Sox will win anyway.

Edit:

8. Jeremyb1 and inta will return to the site at some point during the season.

TheOldRoman
03-24-2006, 07:06 PM
C'mon, let's get some real random predictions:

There will be greater than 10 Cleveland Indian trolls that get banned this season.

:cool:
Oh, that is a given. I am expecting a surge of Royals trolls again when we lose a game to them.

maurice
03-24-2006, 08:16 PM
- The Sox will finish the month of April with the best record in baseball. Rob Neyer will claim that the Sox are "lucky," that they will finish "no better than 3rd," and that the Tigers will win the division by 12 games.

- The Sox will lead the AL Central at the All-Star break. ESPN will project that the Sox will open the 2nd half by getting swept in NY and finish the season 70-92.

- The Sox will enter the month of September with an 8-game lead. The Trib will publish daily claims that the Sox are "choking" while the 5th-place Cubs are favored to win the "Wild Card Championship."

- Trib headline will blare that the Cubs won 100 games (on this date in 1906). This indignity will cause Hangar to picket Tribune Tower, carring the faux WS Trophy and wearing a tinfoil hat.

- The Sox will clinch the division with 7 games remaining. Baseball Prospectus will announce that the Sox have an 18% chance of making the playoffs.

A. Cavatica
03-24-2006, 08:41 PM
- The Sox will finish the month of April with the best record in baseball. Rob Neyer will claim that the Sox are "lucky," that they will finish "no better than 3rd," and that the Tigers will win the division by 12 games.

- The Sox will lead the AL Central at the All-Star break. ESPN will project that the Sox will open the 2nd half by getting swept in NY and finish the season 70-92.

- The Sox will enter the month of September with an 8-game lead. The Trib will publish daily claims that the Sox are "choking" while the 5th-place Cubs are favored to win the "Wild Card Championship."

- Trib headline will blare that the Cubs won 100 games (on this date in 1906). This indignity will cause Hangar to picket Tribune Tower, carring the faux WS Trophy and wearing a tinfoil hat.

- The Sox will clinch the division with 7 games remaining. Baseball Prospectus will announce that the Sox have an 18% chance of making the playoffs.

Hey Maurice, that's awfully close to last year.

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Cliff Politte will lead Sox pitchers in batting average...again.

Shoota will claim two of Crede's home runs don't count.

maurice
03-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey Maurice, that's awfully close to last year.

As long as the end result is the same, I'm fine with that.
:gulp:

Brian26
03-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Kenny Williams will reaquire Orlando Hernandez a week before the trading deadline.

soxfan26
03-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Mark Buehrle will pitch in his third All-Star game.

Javier Vazquez will throw 6 wild pitches after the All-Star break.

Jermaine Dye will win player of the month honors in July batting .353 with 8 HR and 28 RBI.

Scott Podsednik will draw 9 walks in the month of August.

Banix12
03-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Chris Singleton will get a chance to do an inning of play by play. A sox player hits a homerun during that inning leading Singleton to exclaim "BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!"

Jose Contreras wins the Cy Young Award.

Ross Gload will supply good power off the bench and hit 10-13 HR in around 180-230 AB.

Pods will not break 70 steals but he will break 60 steals.

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Here are the first two:

The Sox will finally defeat Johan Santana
The Sox will post a winning record against the AL West
The Sox will have five 15 game winnersTheOldRoman will learn to count.:cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
03-25-2006, 12:22 AM
Thome will win AL Comeback POTY

Contreras wins 20 games.

I'm totally with you on these two. After missing most of last year and looking pretty good in S.T. Thome will be a FORCE.

A prediction: As a team we'll have 150 stolen basses.

voodoochile
03-25-2006, 12:31 AM
Every non-pitcher on the team will hit at least 1 HR in the month of June.

Every Sox starting pitcher will have at least one base hit this season.

Magglio Ordonez will take at least 2 months off with inturies that are not related to his repaired knee.

On August 20th, 12 games back of the Sox, Ron Gardenhire will call a press conference. He will babble incoherently about the Twins being the better team for approxomately 20 minutes before his head explodes.

The Tribe will go into a hitting funk sometime this summer. They will become so despondant when they start to fall further back that they will come completely unglued and end up finishing with only 80 wins.

The Tigers will finish second in the ALC.

A Sox pitcher will throw a no-no this season.

At least 6 Sox hitters will have 20 HR and they will break the single season Sox team mark.

TheOldRoman
03-25-2006, 02:59 AM
TheOldRoman will learn to count.:cool:
:redface:
I edited the last point in after I started the thread. Didn't catch it.

rwcescato
03-25-2006, 11:02 AM
The flubs will win the Simulated championship.

SoxFanPrope
03-25-2006, 11:21 AM
GoldenGopher/Timberwolf/anything representing a Minnesota sports team will come back to boast about a Twins win over the White Sox. He will be nowhere to be found however once they finish in third place. :smile:

Harrassing Cub fans at the Cell will be hilarious during the Cubs/Sox series.

Almost being the opposite of last year, the Sox will have a much better 2nd half of the season then the 1st.

Thome will spend time on the DL but still reach 30 HR's.

batmanZoSo
03-25-2006, 11:27 AM
I predict everyone has a good time. :moonwalk:

0o0o0
03-25-2006, 12:50 PM
In his 3rd at bat vs the Tigers on a Tuesday night game in June, Paul Konerko will get something in his eye, causing him to step out of the box. He will then proceed to goundout to Placido Polanco on an 0-2 slider. As he heads back toward the dugout, he will continue to work at getting the dirt, dust, whatever, out of his eye. He will tell everyone in the dugout, plus the batboy, that he has something in his eye. This "thing" will remain in his eye until game 4 of the ALDS, where he breaks out of an 0 for 456 slump by hitting a 2-run homer in the top of the ninth against the A's in Oakland to put the Sox up 4-3, proving the be the game winner and series clincher as they take the series 3 games to 1 and await the winner of the Indians and Yankees.

Trust me. :wink:

miker
03-25-2006, 01:30 PM
I predict everyone has a good time. :moonwalk:
Except the "Dark Clouds"...

chisoxmike
03-25-2006, 01:53 PM
In his 3rd at bat vs the Tigers on a Tuesday night game in June, Paul Konerko will get something in his eye, causing him to step out of the box. He will then proceed to goundout to Placido Polanco on an 0-2 slider. As he heads back toward the dugout, he will continue to work at getting the dirt, dust, whatever, out of his eye. He will tell everyone in the dugout, plus the batboy, that he has something in his eye. This "thing" will remain in his eye until game 4 of the ALDS, where he breaks out of an 0 for 456 slump by hitting a 2-run homer in the top of the ninth against the A's in Oakland to put the Sox up 4-3, proving the be the game winner and series clincher as they take the series 3 games to 1 and await the winner of the Indians and Yankees.

Trust me. :wink:

I don't think Paulie would even be playing in the ALDS if he was on a 0fer slump for so long...

Then again...

:jerry
"I'll just get Brian Daubach to replace him during those tough times."

voodoochile
03-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Except the "Dark Clouds"...

No they'll have a blast too, but it won't happen as often. They will party hearty everytime the Sox lose 2 in a row and once it hit's 3 all bets are off. If the Sox actually go on a 5 game losing skid this season, expect them to whip out the Cold Duck, let loose a party popper or two, find a shiny pointy paper hat and start singing "I told you so" to the tune of Auld Lang Syne.

Different strokes, different folks. They get off on the negative vibes and being able to bring the bandwagon to a screaming stop with a few choice words. Unfortunately for them, I'm still riding shotgun and I'm not going to let the driver stop flogging the horses...

SoxFanPrope
03-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Ozzie Guillen will offend someone.

Javier is going to be NASTY.

It is going to be real exciting no matter what goes down.

PicktoCLick72
03-26-2006, 01:57 AM
THe Sox will break the Dog Day attendance record.

Scottiehaswheels
03-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Jeter will be hurt for the entire month of June.... Pods will again be voted in ahead of him for the All Star game and every Yankee on the AS team will say the AS game isn't the same thing if Jeet isn't on the team...

chisoxfanatic
03-26-2006, 02:51 AM
I predict that Hangar18 will be receiving a special gift from me at Puffers next weekend that will leave the rest of the group in stiches.

Jjav829
03-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Spring Training Stats:
2 GS, 1 W, 0 L, 5.2 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 6.35 ERA.

Yeah, 1-0 with a 6.35 ERA looks pretty much like his 2005 stats: great pitching with no offensive support. Only somebody focused on W/L would see the connection to Jenks.

It sucks when somebody completely misrepresents what you said, doesn't it?

The bottom line is Santana has a small sample size with some good games and some bad games...just like Jenks. Some folks choose to focus on Jenks' bad exhbition games, while ignoring his good games, ignoring the small sample size, ignoring that it's spring training, and ignoring that plenty of good pitchers are in the same boat. This point (which already has been raised in the Jenks thread) should be obvious to a statistical master like yourself.

Come on, you're comparing the reigning AL Cy Young award winner to a guy who hasn't pitched 50 innings at the major league level yet. One gets the benefit of the doubt. The other doesn't. I think you know which is which.

Jjav829
03-26-2006, 10:52 AM
My random predictions:

- Jim Thome will homer in his first at-bat.
- Joe Crede will hit a walkoff home run to give us a thrilling 3-2 win on opening day.
- Three different White Sox pitchers will win AL pitcher of the month.
- Our opening day closer will be different than our closer at the end of the year (practically a given).
- Bmac will make 10 starts.
- Rob Mackowiak will hit two grand slams, one a walkoff against the Flubs.
- Pablo Ozuna won't finish the season with the Sox.
- Kenny will make two trades.
- Hawk will mention on air that he is obsessed with WSI.

whitesoxwilkes
03-26-2006, 11:01 AM
My random predictions:

- Hawk will mention on air that he is obsessed with WSI.

:hawk

"I luuuuuuv message boards."

-The entire starting rotation finishes with double digit wins and losses. No one wins more than 16.

Jurr
03-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Neal Cotts is given an extension by the sox after posting 30 saves this season.

One of the five Sox starters will miss an extended period of time, and some publication will be calling KW a genius for not trading McCarthy.

Paulie will fly out lazily to center with the game on the line and bases loaded. He will throw the bat in disgust.

The Sox start out very slow in April, making this site a certified mad house. Lots of banned members. They don't REALLY catch stride until late July, where they begin to make up any lost ground.

At some point, every member of this site is going to be asking for Brian Anderson's head. Many of those people will later have a post full of dancing bananas declaring their love for the kid.

ChiSoxGirl
03-26-2006, 11:01 PM
I predict that Hangar18 will be receiving a special gift from me at Puffers next weekend that will leave the rest of the group in stiches.

Oh boy, what do you have planned?

palehozenychicty
03-27-2006, 10:12 AM
El Duque will return to the sox in the summer.

Jenks will have a stint on the DL.

Thome will hit .290, 40 hr, 120 rbi, 110 bb, 100 k, 870 slg.

the indians will start fast and hang onto the wild card.

downstairs
03-27-2006, 10:25 AM
The Sox and Cleveland will be the only teams in first all season long. Neither will ever be more than 4.5 games back of the other. They will have identical records at the end of the season, but will not need a tiebreaker game because one will be the Wild Card.

Our bullpen will be terrible, and the only thing keeping us from being a 100-win team. But it won't matter.

Ozzie will get a suspension at some point for an argument going out of control.

Frank Thomas will have a season-ending injury and decide to retire. Oakland will release him and The Sox will pick him up to have one last at bat. He will hit a home run.

The Yankees will, by the end of the season, have had three managers. And they will not make the playoffs.

Barry Bonds will pass Babe Ruth and retire the next day. Similar to Aaron, Bonds will try to refuse to hit this home run at an away game, and Bud will clamp down and make him play. He will be booed when he hits this home run.

The Sox will score over 20 runs during one game, but overall will have a lower total runs scored than 2005.

Kerry Woods and Mark Prior will combine for 8 starts all season. Combined record: 0-0.

The Sox will have a major injury of some sort, but will still make the playoffs.

The Sox will bring Chicago its first repeat championship since The Bulls*.

*Who, by the way, will not make the playoffs this year

PAPChiSox729
03-27-2006, 10:26 AM
-Pierzynski's batting average will jump back over .300, causing HomeFish to discover time travel while trying to create another chart that would still show a decline in Pierzynski's play.

-Garcia will be the only starter with double-digit losses

-The bullpen is going to struggle for the 1st half the of the season

-The bullpen will be incredibly dominant during the 2nd half. Jenks won't blow a save for the final two and a half months (and yes, he will be closing then).

-At the end of the season, Frank Thomas will express his love for the White Sox and will be spotted at a lot of the playoff games supporting his original team.

palehozenychicty
03-27-2006, 10:34 AM
The Yankees will, by the end of the season, have had three managers. And they will not make the playoffs.

Shades of Billy Martin and Yogi managing in the same week in the early 1980s. I hope that it happens, and it very well could. Their an old, selfish team. :cool:

Frater Perdurabo
03-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Buehrle will get 20 wins.

All five Sox starters will be in the Top 10 in the AL in innings pitched.

A.J., Crede and Uribe will see their batting averages and power numbers increase.

Brian Anderson will make all of us forget Aaron Rowand's defense in CF.

Three Sox pitchers - Garcia, Contreras and Vazquez - will lead the AL in wild pitches.

Frank Thomas will either struggle with injuries again or will have a monster season. If he is healthy when the A's visit Chicago, I predict Frank will hit three home runs in one game at the Cell.

During a particularly depressing mid-season losing streak, in which the bats go flaccid and the pitching is uncharacteristically poor, amid much weeping and gnashing of teeth, Farmio and Singleton will get into fisticuffs on the air while arguing over a questionable balk call. Out of desperation, KW will re-acquire Carl Everett to bolster the bench (we later shall learn that none of the prospects he sends in return will amount to much). Meanwhile, at WSI, in one fell swoop, West will purge - not just ban - 100+ dark clouds and flubsessed who can't control their bowels.
:o: :tongue:

The Sox will repeat as WS champs.
:bandance:

I predict this involves tin foil!
:)

everafan
03-27-2006, 11:16 AM
I expect a breakout year from Crede - finally. Contreras will win a Cy Young.

Minnie Me
03-27-2006, 11:34 AM
1. AJ will make All Star Team
2. Tadihito slumps to .255 and 7 HR's
3. Cintron has 375 AB's as sub for slumping Tadihito and injured Uribe
4. Joe Crede breakout year and All Star Team
5. Pods gets a hammy-hurt all year
6. Rob hits .275 with 15 HRs as Pods replacement
7. Dye starts season hot, ends it cold, gets hurt in a freak accident. Replaced by Rob and Ozuna/Gload in LF
8. Defensive letdown as too many out of postion subs create errors.
9. Mark Burlhle gets his 20 wins
10. Contrares goes South, is found in Little Havana, Florida
11. Jenks becomes Ozzies whipping boy and gets sent back to minors.
12. Closer by committee becomes a reality.
13. Anderson's defense is better than Rowands
14. Anderson strikes out over 100 times
15. Konerko steals one base
16. Konerko/Thome become top five producing tandem in majors
17. Sox lead majors in complete games pitched.
18. Sweeny gets called up in July to help injured OF
19. Sweeny gets some Rookie of the Year votes
20. Sox lose Sunday home opener 10-0 and miss the wild card by one game.

Dan Mega
03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
1. AJ will make All Star Team
2. Tadihito slumps to .255 and 7 HR's
3. Cintron has 375 AB's as sub for slumping Tadihito and injured Uribe
4. Joe Crede breakout year and All Star Team
5. Pods gets a hammy-hurt all year
6. Rob hits .275 with 15 HRs as Pods replacement
7. Dye starts season hot, ends it cold, gets hurt in a freak accident. Replaced by Rob and Ozuna/Gload in LF
8. Defensive letdown as too many out of postion subs create errors.
9. Mark Burlhle gets his 20 wins
10. Contrares goes South, is found in Little Havana, Florida
11. Jenks becomes Ozzies whipping boy and gets sent back to minors.
12. Closer by committee becomes a reality.
13. Anderson's defense is better than Rowands
14. Anderson strikes out over 100 times
15. Konerko steals one base
16. Konerko/Thome become top five producing tandem in majors
17. Sox lead majors in complete games pitched.
18. Sweeny gets called up in July to help injured OF
19. Sweeny gets some Rookie of the Year votes
20. Sox lose Sunday home opener 10-0 and miss the wild card by one game.

Is someone still mad over the loss of Willie Harris?

My predictions:

1)Sox repeat
2)Sox beat A's in ALCS, one of the best ALCS in recent memory
3)Toronto wins the AL East
4)Cleveland wins the wildcard
5)Yet again Johan Santana dominates everything in his path and still only wins 14 games
6)The Cubune writes something that makes Hangar18 mad
7)The Brewers win the NL Central
8)Jason Bay has another outstanding year for the Pirates.
9)Javier Vasquez wins 17
10)Freddy Garcia wins 20
11)Sox win 96 games
12)Ozzie will swear- alot
13)Voodoo or FarWest have a bad day and go on a WSI ban-spree, accidently banning themself in the process :D:

soxfanatlanta
03-27-2006, 12:41 PM
An April game is snowed out
The Sox will turn the only triple play of the year
Iguchi-san convinces Oz to bat 6th and performs well
KW and Frank bury the hatchet...in each others heads
The churros will taste even better this year

areilly
03-27-2006, 01:46 PM
- Either Buerhle or Konerko will do a 60-day stint on the DL
- Thome is AL Comeback Player of the Year
- Cotts becomes closer by default, leads the team in saves
- Dustin Hermanson retires in May
- Joe Borchard beats his own USCF home run distance record when the M's come to town
- Damaso Marte drills someone when the Sox go to Pittsburgh
- Sox win the division by less than 4 games; WC does NOT come from the Central
- Frank Thomas is HBP in ALDS by Javier Vazquez

FGarcia34
03-27-2006, 03:53 PM
1. Joe Crede breaks out and hits a CONSISTENT .275 with 25 HR and 60+ RBI

2. Thome and Dye start out real slow but get going in Mid-July

3. Jenks, Cotts, and Pollite are only consistent arms out of the bullpen

4. BMac fairs very well in spot starts and not as well out of the bullpen

5. Jose Contreras is traded for some bullpen help

6. Mackowiak will play a lot because Anderson will slump at the plate causing Pods to move over to center for a portion of time.

7. The White Sox win the division by a landslide

8. All of the White Sox playoff series go the distance; The Sox come away with the vicories.

9. And how can I forget, THE REPEAT!!!

the gooch
03-28-2006, 12:38 AM
in decending order of probability:

- people will complain about traffic/parking.
- cubs will still outdraw the sox. sox fans wont care.
- Kansas City will finish in 5th place.
- the sox will blow a save in the opening series.
- Jermaine Dye will be the sox only position player all star.
- brandon mccarthy will get exactly one save this year. against toronto.
- mark buehrle will hit a home run this year. the same game podsednik hits one.
- nancy will play full time again come september. the sox will not lose another home game until the ALCS.
- i again will not be able to get playoff tickets.

toledosoxfan
03-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Buehrle starts the AS game for the second straight year. Ozzie gets thrown out in the 3rd inning. AL wins WS homefield again.

Aaron Rowand wins a GG. So does Crede.

Brian Anderson wins ROY.

Lip Man 1
03-28-2006, 07:23 PM
The White Sox will start out the season slowly. The newcomers will need more time to blend in. The bullpen will be an issue for the first few months.

By June Kenny Williams will have pulled the trigger on a preemptive deal for relief help. By the All Star Game the Sox will begin to hit their stride and will play well the rest of the way. They will win the division and reach the post season for consecutive years for the first time in franchise history.

Prediction, unless they are hit with a number of injuries that cause long term missed time, 93-95 wins.

Lip

Jjav829
03-29-2006, 01:09 AM
1. Joe Crede breaks out and hits a CONSISTENT .275 with 25 HR and 60+ RBI

2. Thome and Dye start out real slow but get going in Mid-July

3. Jenks, Cotts, and Pollite are only consistent arms out of the bullpen

4. Fingernails on a blackboard fairs very well in spot starts and not as well out of the bullpen

5. Jose Contreras is traded for some bullpen help

6. Mackowiak will play a lot because Anderson will slump at the plate causing Pods to move over to center for a portion of time.

7. The White Sox win the division by a landslide

8. All of the White Sox playoff series go the distance; The Sox come away with the vicories.

9. And how can I forget, THE REPEAT!!!

Can you please shorten your location to a few words and not a paragraph. It screws up the window.

pmck003
03-29-2006, 04:20 AM
Someone sitting in section 115 will consume five hot dogs in the first inning against Tampa Bay.

IlliniSox4Life
03-29-2006, 04:30 AM
The White Sox will have at least 2 20 game winners.

The White Sox will hit at least 200 home runs again.

Ozzie Guillen will be the first latin manager to win 2 world series.

Paul Konerko will be the first player to win ALMVP, ALDSMVP, ALCSMVP, and WSMVP in the same year (I assume this has never been done, and if it has, he will be one of a few who have).

SouthSide_HitMen
03-31-2006, 06:37 PM
At least 5 posters will be banned either temporarily or permanently for bitching about the PTC Contest winners.

My best guess is 8.

Cambridge
03-31-2006, 07:26 PM

While anything is possible, I'm pretty sure this has happened only once since 1930.

Norberto7
03-31-2006, 08:27 PM
The White Sox will beat Baltimore 3-2 on July 4th on a game-winning HR by Jermaine Dye.

GregoryEtc
03-31-2006, 09:23 PM
The White Sox will have two players finish in the top three MVP voting.
Joe Crede will be one of them.

GregoryEtc
03-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Sometime in June, Hawk will decide that he doesn't really like that duck anymore.

Deebs14
03-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Sometime in June, Hawk will decide that he doesn't really like that duck anymore.

:rolling: ....too funny

BeviBall!
03-31-2006, 11:32 PM
1. Joe Morgan will have another "previous engagement" when we get our second ESPN Sunday night game. Jon Miller overpronounces more latin names to fill gaps.
2. Singleton and Jackson switch jobs in July. No one notices.
3. Hawk will take the 6th inning off rather than the 8th.
4. Nancy Faust will record a radio promo for the Mike North Show, invoking a vile Pavlovian response every time I hear an organ.
5. Mark Malone shaves his beard. No one notices.
6. Chuck Garfein will forget his press pass and not be allowed on the field. Gets escorted out by security.
7. At least 7 people will read this and not know who Chuck Garfein is.
8. The price of postage will raise forever higher.