PDA

View Full Version : Prices wrong on season tickets?

Cat Thief
03-24-2006, 03:24 PM
I was just going thru my tix and I noticed that my "Prime" games only have a face of $22 for bleacher seats. For example my Aug 8th Yankee game has a face of $22 and the Aug 10th game has a face of $36. I called over there and they said they knew about it and they are not sure what the solution is going to be if any. Just a heads up if you are trying to unload some.

I am new with season tix. Has this happened before?

Sorry if this has been brought up in another thread.

Ol' No. 2
03-24-2006, 03:32 PM
I was just going thru my tix and I noticed that my "Prime" games only have a face of $22 for bleacher seats. For example my Aug 8th Yankee game has a face of $22 and the Aug 10th game has a face of $36. I called over there and they said they knew about it and they are not sure what the solution is going to be if any. Just a heads up if you are trying to unload some.

Sorry if this has been brought up in another thread.The three Yankees games should all be priced as Premier. Two of the three are printed with Prime prices. Mine were the same way.

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 03:32 PM

I noticed the lower figures and assumed it reflected the "discount" for buying season tickets. Are you saying there are errors in the prices? I haven't looked at mine closely enough to say for sure.

Cat Thief
03-24-2006, 03:34 PM
I noticed the lower figures and assumed it reflected the "discount" for buying season tickets. Are you saying there are errors in the prices? I haven't looked at mine closely enough to say for sure.

I thought the same. That is why I called. My Boston Tix have a face of $22.

Ol' No. 2
03-24-2006, 04:16 PM
I noticed the lower figures and assumed it reflected the "discount" for buying season tickets. Are you saying there are errors in the prices? I haven't looked at mine closely enough to say for sure.There were two things I noticed. First is that the three Yankees games didn't have the same prices. Two appear to have the wrong prices printed on them. The second thing is that there are only 9 games priced as Premier (counting the two mis-printed Yankees tix), while the schedule has 18 listed. The June Cleveland series, the Houston series and the August Twins series are priced as Prime. Only the St. Louis, Boston and NYY series are priced as Premier. :dunno:

I don't understand the discrepancy, but when you add up all the prices (correcting the two misprints) the total comes out right.

Black Jack 29
03-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Was nice to see that one of the games I have against the mighty Royals was retailing at the $38 Premier price.:o:

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 04:50 PM
There were two things I noticed. First is that the three Yankees games didn't have the same prices. Two appear to have the wrong prices printed on them. The second thing is that there are only 9 games priced as Premier (counting the two mis-printed Yankees tix), while the schedule has 18 listed. The June Cleveland series, the Houston series and the August Twins series are priced as Prime. Only the St. Louis, Boston and NYY series are priced as Premier. :dunno:

I don't understand the discrepancy, but when you add up all the prices (correcting the two misprints) the total comes out right.

Hmm, now I want to take a closer look at mine. Mine don't seem to be as goofy as others are. We'll see when I get home tonight...

salty99
03-24-2006, 05:12 PM
I noticed one weird thing where the Tues. Yankees game is more expensive then the other 2 games.

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Hmm, now I want to take a closer look at mine. Mine don't seem to be as goofy as others are. We'll see when I get home tonight...

Well, mine are a little goofy but not too bad
Opening Day has Prime rate, not Premier
Cleveland series in early June has Prime rate, not Premier
Houston series has Prime rate, not Premier
Wednesday and Thursday New York games have Prime rate, not Premier (Tuesday game has Premier rate)
Minnesota series in late August has Prime rate, not PremierThe totals on the ticket add up to what I paid (minus $10 "handling" charge).

What does this mean in the scheme of things? Nothing...

vernhillssoxfan
03-24-2006, 06:50 PM
A friend at work had the same thing happen on his season tickets. He called his rep. There was a printing error and the White Sox will be sending out a letter shortly explaining it.

MySoxAreClean
03-24-2006, 06:55 PM

If it was not noted then they OWE us money, and DEMAND that the difference should be made up by winning another Title!

Ol' No. 2
03-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Wednesday and Thursday New York games have Prime rate, not Premier (Tuesday game has Premier rate)
Minnesota series in late August has Prime rate, not PremierThe totals on the ticket add up to what I paid (minus $10 "handling" charge).

What does this mean in the scheme of things? Nothing...Exactly the same as mine. But there's no handling charge. The Prime Yankees tickets are misprints. They really are Premier. The $10 is the difference.

BnzCP
03-25-2006, 03:05 PM

I guess for those needing to sell certain tickets and being only allowed to sell at face value, it might hurt if there are misprints in the ticket's value vs. real worth.

itsnotrequired
03-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Exactly the same as mine. But there's no handling charge. The Prime Yankees tickets are misprints. They really are Premier. The $10 is the difference.

I thought that there was a $10 charge for processing season ticket orders? In any event, the Yankee games aren't the only ones that are wrong. There are many games that are Premier but only have Prime rates.

comet2k
03-25-2006, 05:39 PM
I have the Double Play plan, and the regular-game price for my tickets is $18 (as is the average price per ticket). A few of my tickets list the price as $18, a few are $28 and most are $14 -- including the Cubs games!

I've already sold one game to somebody I work with and had to explain that the $14 face value was less than I paid and that I wasn't gouging him. I think he believed me.

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I thought that there was a $10 charge for processing season ticket orders? In any event, the Yankee games aren't the only ones that are wrong. There are many games that are Premier but only have Prime rates.I've never been charged a fee for processing my tickets. The others aren't wrong, exactly, they just don't match the printed schedule. If you add up the prices of the tickets (adjusting the two misprints) it will come out to exactly what you paid. Just how they wound up reducing nine Premiers to Primes...:dunno:

itsnotrequired
03-25-2006, 06:03 PM
I've never been charged a fee for processing my tickets. The others aren't wrong, exactly, they just don't match the printed schedule. If you add up the prices of the tickets (adjusting the two misprints) it will come out to exactly what you paid. Just how they wound up reducing nine Premiers to Primes...:dunno:
I could have sworn I saw something on the order from which said each ticket has a $10 fee built into the package. For example, I have full-season Upper Reserved and each seat costs $952. This means the tickets cost only $942 but with the $10 fee, it comes out to the "advertised" price. Maybe I dreamed it...

The Premier vs. Prime thingy is indeed odd. If they were all correct, the sum of the ticket vales would far exceed what the plan costs. Mysteries.

EDIT: I knew I didn't dream it!

Amount to Charge includes your 50 percent non-refundable 2006 season ticket deposit and a convenience fee of $10.00 per seat, capped at $20.00.

https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/deposit_form.jsp

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2006, 06:11 PM
I could have sworn I saw something on the order from which said each ticket has a $10 fee built into the package. For example, I have full-season Upper Reserved and each seat costs $952. This means the tickets cost only $942 but with the $10 fee, it comes out to the "advertised" price. Maybe I dreamed it...

The Premier vs. Prime thingy is indeed odd. If they were all correct, the sum of the ticket vales would far exceed what the plan costs. Mysteries.

EDIT: I knew I didn't dream it!

https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/deposit_form.jspI'll have to take a look at my invoices. I don't recall ever paying a "convenience fee". *** kind of crap is that? They're charging a fee to sell you something???? What's next??? Are the beer vendors going to tack on a convenience fee to sell you a beer?

daveeym
03-25-2006, 07:17 PM
I'll have to take a look at my invoices. I don't recall ever paying a "convenience fee". *** kind of crap is that? They're charging a fee to sell you something???? What's next??? Are the beer vendors going to tack on a convenience fee to sell you a beer?The convenience fee is through ticketbastard. If you ordered by phone through the sox box office there was no convenience Fee.

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2006, 09:45 PM
The convenience fee is through ticketbastard. If you ordered by phone through the sox box office there was no convenience Fee.Mine was a renewal, so I guess there's no fee for that.

daveeym
03-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Mine was a renewal, so I guess there's no fee for that. This was my first time getting season tix and since my ticketbastard account was frozen I called the number given. It gave me the Sox box office and they just immediately processed my order without the $10 per seat ticketbastard fee. Nice little bonus for my account being messed up.

dakuda
03-28-2006, 05:37 PM
I was just sent this email, which should help clear it up.

You will be receiving a letter in the mail from Weldon, Williams, and Lick (WWL), the company that prints our season tickets. Unfortunately, there were incorrect prices printed on 20 of your games.

Tuesday, April 4 vs. Cleveland
Saturday, May 20 vs. Cubs
Sunday, May 21 vs. Cubs
Saturday, June 3 vs. Texas
Sunday, June 4 vs. Texas
Saturday, June 10 vs. Cleveland
Sunday, June 11 vs. Cleveland
Saturday, June 24 vs. Houston
Sunday, June 25 vs. Houston
Saturday, July 8 vs. Boston
Sunday, July 9 vs. Boston
Saturday, July 22 vs. Texas
Sunday, July 23 vs. Texas
Saturday, August 12 vs. Detroit
Sunday, August 13 vs. Detroit
Saturday, August 26 vs. Minnesota
Sunday, August 27 vs. Minnesota
Saturday, September 9 vs. Cleveland
Sunday, September 10 vs. Cleveland
Saturday, September 23 vs. Seattle

It is important to note that these tickets are valid and can be used as is. The bar codes are active, the seat locations are correct and they can be used for entry into the ballpark.

It is also important to note that the prices are correct in the Ticketmaster system, so if you use your online account to sell or forward tickets they will show as the correct price in the ticket system.

The letter you will be receiving will contain options for reprinting your tickets. If you do not receive the letter by April 10th please contact me.

Scottiehaswheels
03-28-2006, 05:39 PM
I was just sent this email, which should help clear it up.

I got sent an email too... but only 2 of my full season tix had the wrong prices.... wonder why some packages had different tix that were messed up?

dakuda
03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
I got sent an email too... but only 2 of my full season tix had the wrong prices.... wonder why some packages had different tix that were messed up?

I have a Double Play plan. I am not sure if perhaps my list applies to all of the same plans, or if it is individual.

daveeym
03-28-2006, 05:54 PM
I have a Double Play plan. I am not sure if perhaps my list applies to all of the same plans, or if it is individual. I think it applies to most double play plans. It definitely applies to mine.

DumpJerry
03-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Mine also mentioned only two games, two of the Yankee games.

steff
03-28-2006, 06:02 PM
I think it applies to most double play plans. It definitely applies to mine.

It happened to us also since we're full season. I never even look at the prices on the tickets.

itsnotrequired
03-29-2006, 10:38 AM

I too got an e-mail from the Sox about the incorrect prices. For me, the only incorrect dates are the two Yankee games listed above. When those dates are counted as Premier, the total face value of all the tickets adds up to what I paid for it ($10 "handling" charge is still a mystery).

I asked my rep about the Prime vs. Premier pricing issue for the other games listed above and he said that the pricing structure was set before the end of last season. Since then, some of the Prime dates have been switched to Premier. Season ticket prices were not updated to reflect the change. The bonus with this is that season tickets are even a better deal than before.