PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Jon Rauch?

VASoxfan1
03-24-2006, 02:17 PM
I remember during the 2000 olympics he pitched I wanna say the semifinal game and was a monster. He even won minor league player of the year once if I remember correctly. Next thing you know he's up in the majors has a rough year and I never heard from the guy again. Is he even still in baseball?

Chez
03-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Washington Nationals

Hawkeroo1980
03-24-2006, 02:18 PM
I remember during the 2000 olympics he pitched I wanna say the semifinal game and was a monster. He even won minor league player of the year once if I remember correctly. Next thing you know he's up in the majors has a rough year and I never heard from the guy again. Is he even still in baseball?

he's in the 'pen for the Nats. Had a spot in the rotation last year but i think he got injured. what else is new.....

Randar68
03-24-2006, 02:20 PM
He's with the Nats. He one-hit the Mets in 5 IP about a week ago.

downstairs
03-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Baseball-Reference is your friend:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/r/rauchjo01.shtml

Iwritecode
03-24-2006, 02:42 PM
he's in the 'pen for the Nats. Had a spot in the rotation last year but i think he got injured. what else is new.....

Had a torn labrum last year. Gee, that injury sounds familiar...

Here's a good article about him on the Nats site. (http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060324&content_id=1361154&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=was)

palehozenychicty
03-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Had a torn labrum last year. Gee, that injury sounds familiar...

Here's a good article about him on the Nats site. (http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060324&content_id=1361154&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=was)

Yes, it does....He could've made a bigger difference in '02 and '03, if he had fulfilled his potential.

Corlose 15
03-24-2006, 09:05 PM
I had the privilege of witnessing the infamous memorial day weekend start against the Angels in which he got knocked around despite the Sox throwing someone out at second and at the plate.

sircaffey1
03-24-2006, 11:28 PM
I had the privilige of witnessing the infamous memorial day weekend start against the Angels in which he got knocked around despite the Sox throwing someone out at second and at the plate.
Rauch also started the biggest meltdown I have ever witnessed the Sox having. He started the game against Seattle in which Mike Cameron and Bret Boone hit 2 homeruns EACH, in the first inning (10 run first inning). Parque helped out in relief (came in during the first inning)...

Mind you, this was the first time that two teammates hit 2 homeruns each in one inning in the history of MLB.

TDog
03-25-2006, 01:42 AM
And in the Olympics, he looked so good against ... was it South Africa?

PKalltheway
03-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Rauch also started the biggest meltdown I have ever witnessed the Sox having. He started the game against Seattle in which Mike Cameron and Bret Boone hit 2 homeruns EACH, in the first inning (10 run first inning). Parque helped out in relief (came in during the first inning)...

Mind you, this was the first time that two teammates hit 2 homeruns each in one inning in the history of MLB.
Man that is a night I would like to forget...as much as I like Mike Cameron (still do), the less said about that night, the better.

dlee120
03-26-2006, 10:24 PM

Not only did they each hit two homeruns in one inning, they went BACK TO BACK, TWICE in the first inning! Cameron also finished with 4 home runs that game. I was fortunate enough to be at that game, which was a privilege!