PDA

View Full Version : New Cub Movie: Wait Till This Year

Half Cocked Jack
03-24-2006, 02:16 PM
http://cubsmovie.com/

"The Pursuit of Life, Love, and Ending Baseball's Biggest Curse"

MUsoxfan
03-24-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure what to think of that trailer. I'm pretty sure Lieutenant Dan, Sipowicz and even Tom Dreesen were all really freaked out by this guy

SOXPHILE
03-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Oh dear Lord...That guy is quite the ass clown.

palehozenychicty
03-24-2006, 02:29 PM
http://cubsmovie.com/

"The Pursuit of Life, Love, and Ending Baseball's Biggest Curse"

come june, when they're laying behind the pirates in the standings, it's going to get ugly.

Rocky Soprano
03-24-2006, 02:31 PM
They showed some really old footage in those clips. So when did this movie project actually start?

Baby Fisk
03-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Cub fans = money tree.

False hope is an infinite commodity.

Risk
03-24-2006, 02:32 PM
I'll put that on my must see movie list right after "Larry the Cable Guy, Health Inspector.":rolleyes:

Risk

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Why do people feel the need to jump on the CubWagon year after year after year after year?

Half Cocked Jack
03-24-2006, 02:35 PM
They showed some really old footage in those clips. So when did this movie project actually start?
The beggining of the 2003 season, apparently.

Harris=God
03-24-2006, 02:37 PM
This is genius, i wish i would have thought of this. Do you guys realsize how much money this will make off of those losers.

Baby Fisk
03-24-2006, 02:42 PM
This is genius, i wish i would have thought of this. Do you guys realsize how much money this will make off of those losers.
See post #6. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
03-24-2006, 02:43 PM
That doesn't appear to be a "new" anything. The footage in it is mostly from what appears to be the 2000-02 Cubs, and his blog was started in 2004 and hasn't been updated much since a certain other Chicago team won it all in October '05. His blog says he's working on another documentary now about the 1980 Boston Marathon scandal.

A shame that this seems destined for the dustbin of history.

And all that planning for the first World Series parade in Chicago in forever, too. :wink:

TheDarkGundam
03-24-2006, 02:48 PM
I just wasted 3 or 4 minutes of my life watching that piece of crap. Half Cocked Jack, I expect those minuted to be returned. :angry::tongue:

So it was supposed to premeire at opening day last year. What happened?

SoxFan78
03-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I just puked inside of my mouth. The best is under the news link, they have a clipping from the Tribune about the movie.

Now Liston is updating the docuemtary--which includes interviews with SAMMY SOSA, DUSTY BAKER, BERNIE MAC and GARY SINISE-- for opening day, 2005. "In a strange way, it helps us," said Liston, who has produced episodes of "Seinfeld" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm" as well as documentary projects for Discovery and the History Channel. "It's kind of fitting the way the season ended. We'll just use the film to launch our 2005 Wold Series Campaign!"

Right Idea, wrong team!

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 02:52 PM
So it was supposed to premeire at opening day last year. What happened?

For some reason, the Red Sox won the World Series instead

Flight #24
03-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I BELIEVE!!!!!

(That this guy is an idiot)

But regardless, did anyone else notice the resemblance between this guy and Konerko?

miker
03-24-2006, 03:05 PM
I give up...just what are Cub fans waiting for and why are they always expecting it "this" year? Can't be a World Series...

Rocky Soprano
03-24-2006, 03:07 PM
I BELIEVE!!!!!

But regardless, did anyone else notice the resemblance between this guy and Konerko?

I did.

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 03:08 PM
ANyone check out the "celebrity spotlite"? heh heh, it has Bernie Mac in it too. Bernie isnt really waxing poetic about the Cubs, but this Matt guy does a Cubune-esque job of changing the story around. I think its hilarious this guy apparently tried to jump on the 2003 cubwagon ................ and got beat to the Promised Land by the SOX. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a stupid site and concept. His rah-rah style of writing fits right into the whole sheeplike mentality.

TheDarkGundam
03-24-2006, 03:08 PM
I BELIEVE!!!!!

Yeah, I did.
Evil twin? :?:

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 03:18 PM
This Moron thought he could pad his bank account and get himself some free Cublicity by the adoring Chicago Media, by doing a movie about the cubs, hurrying to get it out and release it in time for the Cubs world series 04, which of course never happened HAHAHA, which turned into a "documentary" when he realized they werent going anywhere in 2004, and now has has to redo all his interviews (Bernie Mac says he doesnt think there will ever be a WS in Chicago in his lifetime)BAahahahhaahahahahahahahahah BAaghaghahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaa
Excellent! Apparently now hes going to release it in 05 (free cublicity) under the guise hes going to help them get to the series in 05 now.
Im embarrassed for the sheep at this time
So the entire premise of the movie is flawed, but hes going to release it anyway. Theres a reason why Cub Fans are the Dumbest in Baseball

Unregistered
03-24-2006, 03:21 PM
ANyone check out the "celebrity spotlite"? heh heh, it has Bernie Mac in it too. Bernie isnt really waxing poetic about the Cubs, but this Matt guy does a Cubune-esque job of changing the story around. I think its hilarious this guy apparently tried to jump on the 2003 cubwagon ................ and got beat to the Promised Land by the SOX. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a stupid site and concept. His rah-rah style of writing fits right into the whole sheeplike mentality.Oh, you mean Bernie Mac the "die-hard Sox fan?" What a douche. :rolleyes:

Baby Fisk
03-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh, you mean Bernie Mac the "die-hard Sox fan?" What a douche. :rolleyes:
Snakes on a Plane... Sheep in a Urinal? :o:

http://www.canmag.com/images/front/movies2006/snakesplane1.jpg
"We came about the sheep, ma'am."

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/images/celebs/santor.jpg
"I see a World Series!"

http://www.djfl.de/entertainment/stars/s/samuel_l_jackson/samuel_l_jackson_b2.jpg
"Where, mother****er?! Where is your *** ****ed World Series?!"

http://wgnradio.com/art/jdfwalk/santohead.jpg
"Hee hee! I see...a World Series...and I see...a historic ballpark...and I see...magic pixies and trixies and baby bears oh my!"

http://blogs.starwars.com/static/img/image-selector/full/prequel-trilogy/episode-ii/09.jpg
*crushing Santo's larynx*

:santo
"OHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO!"

CanBuehrleWait
03-25-2006, 02:48 AM
Snakes on a Plane... Sheep in a Urinal? :o:

Ha nice job Baby Fisk. I might go see that movie :smokin::redneck

bigfoot
03-25-2006, 07:21 AM
"...... Liston, who has produced episodes of "Seinfeld" and History Channel...."

How fitting that Liston produced a "show about nothing", to also produce a show about a "team that wins nothing"! To be broadcast on the "Revisionist History Channel"!

TommyJohn
03-25-2006, 08:38 AM
"...... Liston, who has produced episodes of "Seinfeld" and History Channel...."

How fitting that Liston produced a "show about nothing", to also produce a show about a "team that wins nothing"! To be broadcast on the "Revisionist History Channel"!

Liston? The guy's name is Liston? Man! This calls for an image of Muhammad
Ali. ANybody have one?

LuvSox
03-25-2006, 12:22 PM
That's the first time I've ever heard Tom Dreesen say anything funny.

chisoxmike
03-25-2006, 12:30 PM
I find it interesting Bernie Mack was interviewed in this movie. Also, anyone know what year this was filmed in? 2003? 2004?

ChiSoxLifer
03-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Being a cubs fan means it's never too early for "Wait til next year."

zmz723
03-25-2006, 12:44 PM
http://images.cafepress.com/product/27645942_240x240_F.jpg

hmmmm, only $15.99 I'll think about it :D:

Sox-on-TV44
03-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Man oh,man.What a piece of work this ass-clown is!This was on his "Journal".

His first game he went to was a Sox game.

And he went to the north side dump.There he saw Bill Buckner at 1b base and he was a Scrub fan for life.

Good god.I'm surprised he didn't become a Red Sox fan too.

I would love to see that movie!But i'd rather watch "Revenge Of The Nerds 4",instead.

rwcescato
03-27-2006, 01:35 PM
For some reason, the Red Sox won the World Series instead

Pathetic loser.

AuroraSoxFan
03-27-2006, 01:52 PM
WOW! Where do the find such rejects???? I damn near spit my drink out when I read a post in the blog of a guy saying he wenr to wrigley, saw bill buckner runnign sprints and was hooked for life as a scrub fan on the spot. I know he saw that game before buckner's classic choke job in the 86 series but that still cracked me up. Only a true fan of scrubs, losers, and chokers would be hooked after seeing Buckner.

Kwrubac
03-27-2006, 01:55 PM
So is this movie going to be listed as a comedy or a tragic drama....Ah I love Cubs fans, so naive.... :D: