PDA

View Full Version : Lend-Lease for the Astros?

Procol Harum
07-28-2001, 06:45 PM
IF, as Sox fans, we take it for granted that a Cubs division championship would be nothing short of a calamity (think here of the bragging rights problem--if they get to the playoffs and so much as win one game the stinkin' Cubs fans will wear our butts out for the next year). Should they actually make the World Series before we do and--heaven forbid--even win the Big One we would have to hang our heads in shame for years.

My fantasy proposition--based on the way that the U.S. gov't "lent" the British 50 destroyers and beaucoup other war materials in the year + before we went to war with the Germans--if it were possible, would you as a Sox fan be willing to lend the Astros Buerhle, Wells, Garland, and Foulke for the rest of this season if you thought it could push the Astros over the top AND if you knew we could get B, G, and F back for 2002?

Jerry_Manuel
07-28-2001, 06:48 PM
:hitless
I know they want me.

:bionic
I'll go to Houston if it means hurting the Cubs

Procol Harum
07-28-2001, 06:51 PM
:KW

Man, maybe I could persuade the Cubs to take our main man

:hitless

Tragg
07-28-2001, 06:57 PM
The bragging rights problems will onset if they win a playoff series - worse if they go to the WS. Other than that, their 5 winning seasons in 28 years take care of all of those issues.