PDA

View Full Version : Rotation?

anewman35
03-24-2006, 11:39 AM
It's possible I've just missed it, and with this staff I'm not really sure it matters, but has anything been said about the pitching rotation after Buehrle? The "depth chart" on whitesox.com says Buehrle/Garcia/Vazquez/Contreras/Garland, is that official or just a guess by the web guys?

Hawkeroo1980
03-24-2006, 11:53 AM
It's possible I've just missed it, and with this staff I'm not really sure it matters, but has anything been said about the pitching rotation after Buehrle? The "depth chart" on whitesox.com says Buehrle/Garcia/Vazquez/Contreras/Garland, is that official or just a guess by the web guys?

buehrle
contreras
garland
freddy
vasquez

Mickster
03-24-2006, 11:54 AM
buehrle
contreras
garland
freddy
vasquez

swap garland and freddy and you have it.

SBSoxFan
03-24-2006, 12:11 PM
I thought I heard Freddy was pitching game 2. Don't know that after the first few times through order matters much though.

hold2dibber
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
I thought I heard Freddy was pitching game 2. Don't know that after the first few times through order matters much though.

I think you're right. I thought it was:

Buehrle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
Vazquez

SBSoxFan
03-24-2006, 12:34 PM

Buehrle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
Vazquez
I guess they decided to pitch Freddy in a day game (where he is better than at night) vs. a road game (where he is better than at home). They could have held him until Apr 7 at KC. Then he would have been #4.

btw, hold2dibber, is that a reference to Baltimore fan favorite, Jerry Dybzinski? If so, :roflmao: or :angry:, I'm not sure which!

ondafarm
03-24-2006, 12:40 PM

Are these the same idiots who said Dye or Konerko would be hitting 3rd?

Chicken Dinner
03-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Now who's batting second or pitching third, I mean pinch running 1st, or relieving 4th???

pdimas
03-24-2006, 12:52 PM

Buehrle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
Vazquez

I thought this was going to be the rotation as well. Freddy at No.2 and Garland at No.4

Iwritecode
03-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Now who's batting second or pitching third, I mean pinch running 1st, or relieving 4th???

Who's on first.

VASoxfan1
03-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Not really all that concerned about the rotation after the three spot. Because I know some combination of freddy, vazquez or garland will be facing the other teams 4 and 5 starters........brilliant!

Kinda makes you forget a couple of years ago when the number 5 starters couldn't get ONE WIN for the team

hold2dibber
03-24-2006, 02:28 PM
btw, hold2dibber, is that a reference to Baltimore fan favorite, Jerry Dybzinski? If so, :roflmao: or :angry:, I'm not sure which!

Yep - I can still hear myself (and every other Sox fan) screaming "Hold two Dibber!!!!" as he rounded 2nd with 3rd in his sights. It was a seminal moment in my childhood. I think there's a pretty good chance that if he held held at second, the Sox would have won that game, won gave 5 (with Hoyt on the bump) and won the WS. But, I must say that the sting of that loss in '83 is a lot less painful after '05.

SBSoxFan
03-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Yep - I can still hear myself (and every other Sox fan) screaming "Hold two Dibber!!!!" as he rounded 2nd with 3rd in his sights. It was a seminal moment in my childhood. I think there's a pretty good chance that if he held held at second, the Sox would have won that game, won gave 5 (with Hoyt on the bump) and won the WS. But, I must say that the sting of that loss in '83 is a lot less painful after '05.
I can still remember the look on dibber's face when he realized he was caught between 2nd and 3rd. He just sorta stopped, titled his head back and rolled his eyes.

And I agree with you, win that game and Hoyt takes game 5. It seemed to be a foregone conclusion that whoever won the ALCS would win the WS that year.

Jerko
03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Good thing I didn't take a screen name because of that incident. I don't think I'd be able to sign on using getbacktosecondyou****inidiotoryou'regonnablowthew hole****inseriesforusyoujerk

forrestg
03-24-2006, 06:34 PM
with are relievers shaky Let McCarthy start and have Jose come out of the bull pen. He doesn't take long to get ready, he has did it before, he has the best stuff and he could pitch every other day. Maybe not forever but long enough for Jenks, thorton and the rest of our crew to get back to mlb form.