PDA

View Full Version : New parking policy per whitesox.com

champagne030
03-24-2006, 10:41 AM
They've updated the website with the new policies. The only cash lots are F and L and IIT. A, B, C and G for red coupons and E, F and L for green coupons. Tailgating is permitted in A-F, but only A, C and G open 3 hours before game time and the other lots open 2 hours prior to game time.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_directions.jsp

PatK
03-24-2006, 01:21 PM
They need at least one cash lot to open 3 hours early.

oeo
03-24-2006, 01:31 PM
They need at least one cash lot to open 3 hours early.

Yeah, that really makes no sense whatsoever...

SoxFan78
03-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that really makes no sense whatsoever...

im not sure on how strict they will be on that rule. If you remember last year, they always said they open the lots 2 hours beforehand. But before every Saturday 6PM game I was there at 3PM with no problem.

DumpJerry
03-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm a bit :angry: because when I ordered my ST package in November, I was told that I was getting Red Coupon parking. Well, it seems someone forgot to process my parking order and now I'm stuck with Green which states F & L only. One reason why I bought parking was to tailgate. When I went to the site after seeing my green coupons in the mail and noticed that Lot L was not included in the list of lots where you can tailgate, I email my rep. My rep said that the Red coupons were sold out and that the site was "probably" incorrect about excluding L from the tailgate list.

This boy is not happy, but I guess there is not much that can be done now....:(:

FP_sox
03-24-2006, 02:35 PM
How can you buy just a parking pass for a game? Is the pas assigned to that game and date?

It looks as if you need to buy a ticket for the game on ticketmaster before you buy a parking pass. I just assumed I would pay for parking using cash and opted not to by the pass when I originally bought my tickets.

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 02:38 PM
How can you buy just a parking pass for a game? Is the pas assigned to that game and date?

It looks as if you need to buy a ticket for the game on ticketmaster before you buy a parking pass. I just assumed I would pay for parking using cash and opted not to by the pass when I originally bought my tickets.

You can buy passes without having to buy game tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/858064?calendar_view=1

champagne030
03-24-2006, 02:52 PM
im not sure on how strict they will be on that rule. If you remember last year, they always said they open the lots 2 hours beforehand. But before every Saturday 6PM game I was there at 3PM with no problem.

Depends on which lots. F & L have always been chained and locked 'til 2 hours prior to the game. You could get into E & G at least 3 hours prior, but those aren't green coupon (well E is for suite/skybox ticket holders) or cash lots......

FP_sox
03-24-2006, 02:55 PM
You can buy passes without having to buy game tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/858064?calendar_view=1

Thanks! 3 hours of :gulp: !

MUsoxfan
03-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm a bit :angry: because when I ordered my ST package in November, I was told that I was getting Red Coupon parking. Well, it seems someone forgot to process my parking order and now I'm stuck with Green which states F & L only. One reason why I bought parking was to tailgate. When I went to the site after seeing my green coupons in the mail and noticed that Lot L was not included in the list of lots where you can tailgate, I email my rep. My rep said that the Red coupons were sold out and that the site was "probably" incorrect about excluding L from the tailgate list.

This boy is not happy, but I guess there is not much that can be done now....:(:

Have you ever parked in a lot where there wasn't tailgating? You could tailgate anywhere and everywhere around there

DumpJerry
03-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Have you ever parked in a lot where there wasn't tailgating? You could tailgate anywhere and everywhere around there
This is my first year where I bought parking. In the past, I've used a Residential Guest pass. I bought parking this because I figured it would be more this year to find convenient street parking because there just might be a few more cars in the area.......

MUsoxfan
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
This is my first year where I bought parking. In the past, I've used a Residential Guest pass. I bought parking this because I figured it would be more this year to find convenient street parking because there just might be a few more cars in the area.......

You could probably tailgate on Wallace if you wanted to:gulp:

SoxFan78
03-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Depends on which lots. F & L have always been chained and locked 'til 2 hours prior to the game. You could get into E & G at least 3 hours prior, but those aren't green coupon (well E is for suite/skybox ticket holders) or cash lots......

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt they open up lots F and L once lot E was full or getting full?

I still don't know why they made lot E a suite/skybox only lot now. Yeah, I understand that they have sold out for the year, but you also don't want to shut out your fans that have to pay cash for parking.

Lets wait till the season starts before we start complaing, because past years have shown, what the rules on the website, and the rules with the parking security have been two different things.

champagne030
03-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but didnt they open up lots F and L once lot E was full or getting full?

Not really. I believe they opened the gates at F & L 3 hours prior to the flubs games, but that was it. I never saw lot E too crowded to enter more than 2 hours prior to a game except for that series. I would guess that they'll open F or L a little more than 2 hours prior, but I doubt it will be 3.

34 Inch Stick
03-24-2006, 05:31 PM

Ah, but those people will generally not be ones who "feel safe" parking on the street. I have had trouble finding street parking only in the rarest of circumstances. I probably will also find someone in the neighborhood to get me a pass. Sure it's illegal but I have done that in Lakeview for years without a problem.

cheeses_h_rice
03-24-2006, 05:46 PM
Why is this in What's the Score?

:?:

champagne030
03-24-2006, 09:07 PM

I guess that would be my fault. I thought (big problem) that "What's the Score" was for rumor. I guess it's not rumor if I linked the Sox official site, but it seems this policy has changed several times and I figured it'll be changing again. My bad for not reading the rules PHG has posted at the top of the forum....Should've been the Clubhouse....Mods please change if appropriate.

cheeses_h_rice
03-24-2006, 09:28 PM
I guess that would be my fault. I thought (big problem) that "What's the Score" was for rumor. I guess it's not rumor if I linked the Sox official site, but it seems this policy has changed several times and I figured it'll be changing again. My bad for not reading the rules PHG has posted at the top of the forum....Should've been the Clubhouse....Mods please change if appropriate.

WTS is for rumors about trades/deals and Flubstalk, I thought. This is a legitimate White Sox-related issue, I think.

Vernam
03-24-2006, 09:59 PM
I got w/ the green F-L passes, too, though it was my own fault for pulling the trigger too late. (I think they're marginally cheaper than the red ones, btw, like maybe $1 per game.) Tailgating's one thing, but I sure hope the Sox manage traffic in those south lots better than in previous years. For some reason, all the cars just drive directly to the exit, not even in any semblance of a line. Gridlock sets in, so you have to sit and sit and sit without moving unless you're one of the lucky people with a favorable angle toward the exit.

I'll be looking to sell those passes if it takes me 90 minutes to get out of the lot after every ****ing game. :angry:

Vernam

JohnBasedowYoda
03-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Damn! With the red passes I can't park in E!

Looks like my reign of terror over there is over.

Scottiehaswheels
03-25-2006, 12:27 AM
I got w/ the green F-L passes, too, though it was my own fault for pulling the trigger too late. (I think they're marginally cheaper than the red ones, btw, like maybe $1 per game.)
Vernam

Green passes are cheaper? I thought they went up to like $17 this year? Red parking passes are still only $14.

MUsoxfan
03-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Green passes are cheaper? I thought they went up to like $17 this year? Red parking passes are still only $14.

I believe the Red are $14 because people who have them bought a crapload of games, so they recieve the best lots and a discount

TDog
03-25-2006, 02:51 AM

Maybe because someone expects me to post about how much better things were when fewer people were going to the games.

DumpJerry
03-25-2006, 03:11 AM
You could probably tailgate on Wallace if you wanted to:gulp:
...............and get cited for having alcohol??? No thanks.

My green passes are $18 per game. All 81 games....

SoxFan78
03-25-2006, 09:04 AM
My green passes are $18 per game. All 81 games....

When did you order your passes? I have green passes and they were only $14 per game.

Thats one of the only reasons I got the passes, cause they would be cheaper. I also thought I would be able to park in Lot E, but that might not be the case this year.

ewokpelts
03-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I got w/ the green F-L passes, too, though it was my own fault for pulling the trigger too late. (I think they're marginally cheaper than the red ones, btw, like maybe $1 per game.) Tailgating's one thing, but I sure hope the Sox manage traffic in those south lots better than in previous years. For some reason, all the cars just drive directly to the exit, not even in any semblance of a line. Gridlock sets in, so you have to sit and sit and sit without moving unless you're one of the lucky people with a favorable angle toward the exit.

I'll be looking to sell those passes if it takes me 90 minutes to get out of the lot after every ****ing game. :angry:

VernamST parking is the same price, regardless of the lot.

DumpJerry
03-25-2006, 11:14 AM
When did you order your passes? I have green passes and they were only $14 per game.

Thats one of the only reasons I got the passes, cause they would be cheaper. I also thought I would be able to park in Lot E, but that might not be the case this year.
I ordered them in November when I bought the ST package, but the parking did not go through. As a result, the ticket office got the order in January....