PDA

View Full Version : Jenks and McDonald's Flubsessed?

DumpJerry
03-24-2006, 08:05 AM
On the news this morning, they said that Bobby Jenks has made a McDonald's commercial (insert comments here) which features him throwing baseballs at a Cub fan to harass him.

Congrats to The Big Guy for the endorsement deal!

Edit: Post 2,500!!!!!!!

FP_sox
03-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Well, I guess this explains the weight gain. :(:

DumpJerry
03-24-2006, 08:14 AM
Well, I guess this explains the weight gain. :(:
I wonder how many takes it took to make the final cut......

When Mean Joe Greene made that classic Coke commercial in the late 70's, he had to drink, IIRC, about 16 bottles of Coke before they got it right. He was burping for weeks afterwards.

FP_sox
03-24-2006, 08:20 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060323&content_id=1360629&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

"I told him, 'When you're fat and you're good, you're a strong guy. But when you're fat and you're [bad], you're fat'," Guillen said.

oeo
03-24-2006, 08:45 AM
I did see some commercial about McDonald's and waking up or something...:?:

I don't really remember what it was about, maybe I'm just making it up. But there was a phone ringing and it went through a couple of names, then Bobby Jenks (format: "Bobby Jenks?"), and finally Ronald McDonald. Thought that was pretty cool, but lay off a couple Big Macs Bobby.

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 09:24 AM
On the news this morning, they said that Bobby Jenks has made a McDonald's commercial (insert comments here) which features him throwing baseballs at a Cub fan to harass him.

The Sammy pepsi commercial in which a SOX fan secretly gives him a very red-hot taco, was very funny and popular. I think slow-witted sponsors will catch on to that and we'll see more of this

Madvora
03-24-2006, 09:53 AM
The Sammy pepsi commercial in which a SOX fan secretly gives him a very red-hot taco, was very funny and popular. I think slow-witted sponsors will catch on to that and we'll see more of this
Yeah, but all we heard about that was the classic line... "Why don't the Sox fans just worry about their own team? Why do they care about the Cubs so much?"

Give me a break, anyone who hides their head in the sand and pretends that there aren't two baseball teams in this city is an idiot.
(Just to clarify this is meant for the "Cub Fan" not you Hangar.)

palehozenychicty
03-24-2006, 10:24 AM
"I told him, 'When you're fat and you're good, you're a strong guy. But when you're fat and you're [bad], you're fat'," Guillen said.

indeed, bobby. no shakes either.

I want Mags back
03-24-2006, 06:26 PM
I did see some commercial about McDonald's and waking up or something...:?:

I don't really remember what it was about, maybe I'm just making it up. But there was a phone ringing and it went through a couple of names, then Bobby Jenks (format: "Bobby Jenks?"), and finally Ronald McDonald. Thought that was pretty cool, but lay off a couple Big Macs Bobby.

it was MR. T, then bobby, then R. McD. its for 1-800-GoMcWakeUp

TheDarkGundam
03-24-2006, 11:59 PM
I just saw a thing about this on CSN. A Sox fan gets his friend a "McDonalds wake-up call" which is Bobby Jenks going into his friend's room and throwing baseballs at him.
Then there's the Cubs version (of course) where Juan Pierre (of all people) dumps a trash can on a Sox fan and pretends like he's gonna hit him with a bat.
They showed a preview of the commericals, I give them a "meh". Not that great.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-25-2006, 01:18 AM
indeed, bobby. no shakes either.

I have it under good authority that Jenks is a Griddlecakes man.

DumpJerry
03-25-2006, 03:07 AM
I just saw a thing about this on CSN. A Sox fan gets his friend a "McDonalds wake-up call" which is Bobby Jenks going into his friend's room and throwing baseballs at him.
Then there's the Cubs version (of course) where Juan Pierre (of all people) dumps a trash can on a Sox fan and pretends like he's gonna hit him with a bat.
They showed a preview of the commericals, I give them a "meh". Not that great.
My favorite is still the tattoo artist one.:D: