PDA

View Full Version : Can magic strike Chicago a second time? GREAT ARTICLE

MySoxAreClean
03-23-2006, 08:47 PM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11934502/ NEW ARTICLE TODAY

Ozzie: Don't just feel happy just to be in the playoff's,Win This thing,Win this thing...

oeo
03-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Not going to happen...

See...in order for the Cubs to make it to the World Series, they have to assemble a team, a real team, not that POS they have now. They've got some pieces, but they're not even near the whole picture.

Remind me again why this is a great article? They think the Cubs have a shot at the World Series? :rolling:

SoxSpeed22
03-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Remind me again why this is a great article? They think the Cubs have a shot at the World Series? :rolling:Just remember that a LOT of people thought the same of us last year.
Not that I think the Cubs are going to win the world series this year, just pointing it out. Also we were not getting the extreme attention, but that was kind of a given.

1951Campbell
03-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Can magic strike Chicago a second time?

Sure, if you're talking about the Bears or Bulls. All other teams are relgated to "snowball's chance in hell" status.

Ol' No. 2
03-23-2006, 09:40 PM
:bong: Vic Zast needs to come up for air.

1951Campbell
03-23-2006, 09:46 PM
:bong: Vic Zast needs to come up for air.

He's pulling from a six-foot tube, easily.

:cool:

oeo
03-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Just remember that a LOT of people thought the same of us last year.
Not that I think the Cubs are going to win the world series this year, just pointing it out. Also we were not getting the extreme attention, but that was kind of a given.

Yeah, but there's a huge difference. We had a good team going in with a lot of depth. They've got a very questionable rotation, as well as a bullpen (Howry and Eyre don't scare me), an average lineup (without Lee, Ramirez, and Pierre, below), and Dusty Baker managing the team. There is absolutely no comparison between the '05 Sox and '06 Cubs.

SoxSpeed22
03-23-2006, 11:10 PM
The main thing is that Wood and Prior are already hurt.

veeter
03-24-2006, 08:43 AM
I've resigned myself to the fact that every year someone is going to pick the cubs to win the world series. The cubs will finish in fourth or fifth again this year. But in march of 2007, someone will again pick them to win it all. The thing that cracks me up, is that they can't even come close to their division title, and writers talk of winning a world series. Baseball is a sport that very few people understand.

palehozenychicty
03-24-2006, 01:02 PM

for them to have a chance, they have to make sixty starts. I will probably win the NY State lottery before wood/prior make 60 starts/season again.

drewcifer
03-25-2006, 01:45 PM
for them to have a chance, they have to make sixty starts. I will probably win the NY State lottery before wood/prior make 60 starts/season again.

http://www.zewebanim.com/images/Looneytunes/pepe-le-peu1.gif

"In order to have a chance, they would need to sign me, Pepe Le Peu, to play LF. With an ENTIRE outfield consisting of players with French sounding names, they would be an unstoppable force!"

:rolleyes:

CaptainBallz
03-26-2006, 03:52 AM
I've resigned myself to the fact that every year someone is going to pick the cubs to win the world series.

One of the truest facts of life we should all try to cope with. Like death, only worse...

soxfan26
03-26-2006, 10:15 AM

Which makes this little snipet even better...

If the often-injured Mark Prior (11-7, 27 starts) and Kerry Wood (3-4, 10 starts) can each start 30 games while performing at the level they’re capable of

:roflmao: