PDA

View Full Version : Opening Night Festivities

salty99
03-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Didn't see this anywhere yet

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060323&content_id=1360279&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 05:04 PM
OPening Weekend.
Saturday Nite Party at PUFFERS, 3356 S Halsted
Other TROPHY will be there
Sunday Trophy Party at Jimbos.

chisoxmike
03-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Why wont they say what time the flag raising is? OOOO Josh Kelley and the Mix HOO-RAY!

MySoxAreClean
03-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Im ready!, Drinking a beer ,Sox Pride paying, But :gulp: Wife comes in and says are you crying , I take a deep breath and say no, The final out has not played yet.

chisoxfanatic
03-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Josh Kelley's pretty decent! "Everybody Wants You" is such a catchy tune. I hope he does a live performance of it along with everything else he does out there!

That's gonna be a heckuva weekend! I'll stop by Puffers next Saturday night and DumpJerry's tailgate before heading into the ballpark Sunday.

gosox3072
03-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Have they annonced the details on the ring ceremony yet?

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 05:10 PM
I would hope the Sox are smart enough to NOT have Josh Kelly sing over the banner unveiling...

Chisox003
03-26-2006, 05:18 PM
I would hope the Sox are smart enough to NOT have Josh Kelly sing over the banner unveiling...
:o:

voodoochile
03-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Okay a couple of questions...

Puffers party will be after the game? I hope so, I am planning on seeing some board friends but won't have time in the afternoon.

Anyone got a link to the highlight videos? I want to purchase one, but haven't done it so far.

Anyone planning on going to the book signing on Friday, 3/31? I am almost definitely going to that.

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Okay a couple of questions...

Puffers party will be after the game? I hope so, I am planning on seeing some board friends but won't have time in the afternoon.

Anyone got a link to the highlight videos? I want to purchase one, but haven't done it so far.

Anyone planning on going to the book signing on Friday, 3/31? I am almost definitely going to that.

The Puffers party is slated for 4/1 7:30pm, but there can be a Puffers party after the game.:D:

voodoochile
03-26-2006, 05:36 PM
The Puffers party is slated for 4/1 7:30pm, but there can be a Puffers party after the game.:D:

Isn't that game time? I figured most people would be AT the game... Ah well, I will probably swing by afterwards.

Anyone going to the bullpen bar before the game? I might swing by there for a while...

What time do the gates open? Man, I need a primer course or something. I feel so lost because I haven't been to a game in so long...

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Isn't that game time? I figured most people would be AT the game... Ah well, I will probably swing by afterwards.

Anyone going to the bullpen bar before the game? I might swing by there for a while...

What time do the gates open? Man, I need a primer course or something. I feel so lost because I haven't been to a game in so long...

4/1 is Saturday, 4/2 is the game. Gates open at 5pm

voodoochile
03-26-2006, 05:38 PM
4/1 is Saturday, 4/2 is the game. Gates open at 5pm
Right... I can read...really I can... I've got 18K+ posts (edit: 19K+... man when did that happen?) to prove it...:redface:

Okay, what about the Jimbo's party. I cannot make Saturday night probably...

chisoxfanatic
03-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Right... I can read...really I can... I've got 18K+ posts (edit: 19K+... man when did that happen?) to prove it...:redface:

Okay, what about the Jimbo's party. I cannot make Saturday night probably...

And, why can't you make it Saturday night to our Puffers party? :cool:

Hangar18 will be continuing his Trophy Tour at Jimbo's prior to the game next Sunday afternoon. He'll be stopping by DumpJerry's tailgate before we all head into the ballpark.

voodoochile
03-26-2006, 06:18 PM
And, why can't you make it Saturday night to our Puffers party? :cool:

Hangar18 will be continuing his Trophy Tour at Jimbo's prior to the game next Sunday afternoon. He'll be stopping by DumpJerry's tailgate before we all head into the ballpark.

Because I am hanging with my best friend who only gets back from vacation that Friday. It's my only night to see him. He lives WAY up north. I might be able to talk him into going out to celebrate his b-day that night, but he's not a Sox fan, so convincing him to go to a bar filled with screaming celebrating people who he does not know might be a bit much, plus we will be drinking for sure and I don't want to drive that far or ask him to do it. We will see, it's possible, I suppose. He wanted to go to opening night, but I had already promised my second ticket to someone else.

Foulke You
03-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Josh Kelley...
:chunks

Foulke You
03-26-2006, 07:46 PM
The first championship for the White Sox in 88 years and we let an Augusta, GA native sing during the pre game for the banner raising? How about a Chicago native singing? I've had the misfortune of seeing this guy perform live when he opened for another band I was seeing. He is God awful. (sorry chisoxfanatic, just my opinion here)

MrRoboto83
03-26-2006, 08:40 PM
The first championship for the White Sox in 88 years and we let an Augusta, GA native sing during the pre game for the banner raising? How about a Chicago native singing? I've had the misfortune of seeing this guy perform live when he opened for another band I was seeing. He is God awful. (sorry chisoxfanatic, just my opinion here)

I have a feeling ESPN had something to due with the selection of the National Anthem singer. It's all about the national tv audience im sure.

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 08:57 PM

Tell me about it. It's a ****ing joke. He plays a set BEFORE the ceremony fine, I think we can deal with that. If he is playing DURING the ceremony...LAME! They better blast "We Are The Champions" when that flag is raised or banner is unveiled or whatever they are doing.

anewman35
03-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Tell me about it. It's a ****ing joke. He plays a set BEFORE the ceremony fine, I think we can deal with that. If he is playing DURING the ceremony...LAME! They better blast "We Are The Champions" when that flag is raised or banner is unveiled or whatever they are doing.

People are freaking out over nothing. There's no way in the world he will be playing DURING the ceremony. That makes no sense whatsoever. The Sox did little pregame onfield performances a bunch last year (I saw two, and I didn't go to that many games), it was always well before the game and never interfered with anything at all. I don't see why this would be any different.

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 09:24 PM
People are freaking out over nothing. There's no way in the world he will be playing DURING the ceremony. That makes no sense whatsoever. The Sox did little pregame onfield performances a bunch last year (I saw two, and I didn't go to that many games), it was always well before the game and never interfered with anything at all. I don't see why this would be any different.

While I don't think the Josh Kelley set will be with the ceremony, I wonder what the schedule is... in the press release it says he goes on at 6:30. Where does that put the ceremony, opening day lineup ceremony, and the national anthem before 7:05?

JGarlandrules20
03-26-2006, 09:26 PM
I LOVE Josh Kelley!

Too bad I won't be going. :(:

anewman35
03-26-2006, 09:59 PM
While I don't think the Josh Kelley set will be with the ceremony, I wonder what the schedule is... in the press release it says he goes on at 6:30. Where does that put the ceremony, opening day lineup ceremony, and the national anthem before 7:05?

If he goes on at 6:30, he probably won't take more than 15 minutes. That gives them 15 minutes to do the ceremony and lineups before 7, and then they can do the national anthem and it'll be time for the first pitch. As important as the ceremony is to us Sox fans, all it really consists of is raising a flag, you know? It won't take that long.

esbrechtel
03-26-2006, 11:13 PM
nancy should just play we are the champions during the raising of the banner...

SouthSide_HitMen
03-26-2006, 11:19 PM

World Series Game 2 choice Lou Rawls would probably do a better job. He sadly passed away this offseason. Those WB / Q101 type bands were pretty annoying before the playoff games. Unfortunately I'll end up hearing it so as not to miss the banner ceremony (I hope they announce the time this week along with the important stuff).

People should get to the area early - I expect a big mess traffic wise at the ballpark including the CTA on a Sunday.

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 11:22 PM
People should get to the area early - I expect a big mess traffic wise at the ballpark including the CTA on a Sunday.

I really hope people are smart this year. ANYONE that doesn't live in Bridgeport and is planning on driving to the game that leaves an hour before game time better be prepared to not get to the game until the 3rd inning. BE SMART PEOPLE! There are going to be 40,000 people there and traffic WILL BE TERRIBLE. Don't leave at 6 and then bitch that the people who work at the park dont know what they are doing.

IronFisk
03-27-2006, 12:21 AM
World Series Game 2 choice Lou Rawls would probably do a better job. He sadly passed away this offseason.

He'd STILL do a better job!

voodoochile
03-27-2006, 05:27 AM
I really hope people are smart this year. ANYONE that doesn't live in Bridgeport and is planning on driving to the game that leaves an hour before game time better be prepared to not get to the game until the 3rd inning. BE SMART PEOPLE! There are going to be 40,000 people there and traffic WILL BE TERRIBLE. Don't leave at 6 and then bitch that the people who work at the park dont know what they are doing.

I'm taking the train and hope to leave by 5:00. I agree, it's going to be a zoo.

Law11
03-27-2006, 08:01 AM

I'm driving in and leaving at 3 from the NW burbs.

itsnotrequired
03-27-2006, 08:23 AM

Yep, even the trains will be nutty. The Sox-35th station was entirely shrouded in a plastic tent on Sunday. Supposedly it is open this morning but I'm pretty sure one of the escalators and the elevator will still be out of service come Opening Day.

I live about a 10 minute walk away from the Addison stop on the Brown Line. I plan on leaving my place at 3:45 on Sunday.