PDA

View Full Version : Gload/Logan

INSox56
03-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Again today, Gload continues to swing the bat and our favorite Boone Logan comes up big again. To those that didn't see the game today and just the Box Score...Logan did give up a run, only because Anderson lost a ball in the sun. When do we take Logan seriously? I already have, for one.

Randar68
03-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Again today, Gload continues to swing the bat and our favorite Boone Logan comes up big again. To those that didn't see the game today and just the Box Score...Logan did give up a run, only because Anderson lost a ball in the sun. When do we take Logan seriously? I already have, for one.

Logan has made this team along with Thornton as they'll carry 3 lefties.

INSox56
03-23-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm just pretty glad that after all the jokers we had pitching at start of ST, the remaining relievers have done a pretty darn good job as of late. Redding included.

soxinem1
03-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Like I've said before, you gotta love the name Boone Logan. I hope he wins the Cy Young and ROY!!

I can hear Gene Honda now: "Now pitching for the White Sox, number 47 (or whatever his number will be), BOOOONE LOGAN!"

SBSoxFan
03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Logan has made this team along with Thornton as they'll carry 3 lefties.
What about Javier Lopez? He closed today with another strikeout. Given the difference in experience, would you take him over Logan?

As for Thorton today against Arizona's AAA (I think)

bad news: 2 IP, 3 R, 5 H

good news: 0 BB, 5 SO

TomBradley72
03-23-2006, 05:11 PM
What about Javier Lopez? He closed today with another strikeout. Given the difference in experience, would you take him over Logan?

As for Thorton today against Arizona's AAA (I think)

bad news: 2 IP, 3 R, 5 H

good news: 0 BB, 5 SO

Step #1: Throw strikes

Step #2: Improve location within the strike zone

Don "Chuck Norris" Cooper is beginning to work his magic. :cool:

(I would stay with Logan...he has the momentum...if he falters...bring Lopez up from AAA)

DaleJRFan
03-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Gload's been mashing it in ST. He's made some very impressive plays in the field, even in (gasp) the outfield. He needs to cut down on the Ks though. He either ropes a double into the gap or goes down swinging.

So effectively, Gload replaces Timo as the 4th OF, right?
Alex Cintron replaces Willie Harris
Rob Mackowiak replaces Geoff Blum
Widger & Ozuna remain

To those that didn't see the game today and just the Box Score...Logan did give up a run, only because Anderson lost a ball in the sun. When do we take Logan seriously? I already have, for one.

I hope the replay is on SCN later tonight, because I didnt get to see the game. Judging by the box score, Redding pitched well again. Too bad there won't be room for him. Maybe if Hermanson goes down, they call him up??

pearso66
03-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Gload's been mashing it in ST. He's made some very impressive plays in the field, even in (gasp) the outfield. He needs to cut down on the Ks though. He either ropes a double into the gap or goes down swinging.

Widger & Ozuna remain

I hope the replay is on SCN later tonight, because I didnt get to see the game. Judging by the box score, Redding pitched well again. Too bad there won't be room for him. Maybe if Hermanson goes down, they call him up??

I'm assuming that Logan will make the team in Hermansons spot, while Thornton will get the other spot. Thornton, Cotts, Jenks, Logan, Politte and McCarthy will be in the bullpen if the Sox have 11 pitchers, which I've heard they will start the season with. If they go to 12 pitchers, it will probably be Redding, or Hermanson if he gets healthy enough to pitch. That's how I would have the bullpen.

INSox56
03-23-2006, 07:37 PM
I don't know...I'd almost have Redding over Thornton right about now...more consistency I think. I'm not all about bashing Thornton just yet. I just think that Redding has done a good job so far. I'd also take Logan over Thornton...and possibly Lopez over him given the choice.

Banix12
03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
I don't know...I'd almost have Redding over Thornton right about now...more consistency I think. I'm not all about bashing Thornton just yet. I just think that Redding has done a good job so far. I'd also take Logan over Thornton...and possibly Lopez over him given the choice.

I would take Redding, Lopez, or Logan over Thornton in a heartbeat however the sox have the option of sending any of those three to the minors and recalling them. If the sox decide to not take Thornton they definitely lose him through waivers.

Cooper will get his opprotunity to try and turn him around but if he can't get it together they'll probably release him and call up one of the other guys.

Banix12
03-23-2006, 09:00 PM

Widger & Ozuna remain

Gload's never really been a high strikeout guy before. It's probably just been him getting adjusted after the offseason that's led to the high strikeout totals lately.

I think Mackowiak becomes the primary 4th OF. Now that the sox have both Cintron and Ozuna the need for him to play infield is decreased. Gload is probably the 5th OF and I imagine he'll get a bit of time at 1st coming in a defensive sub, at least when Thome is starting.

I could see him getting a callup eventually. He'll probably be the first one called up if something isn't working right in the pen. Though if he has another strong outing in the last week or so I could see him traded for something from a team desperate for starting pitching. I think it's unlikely but there are teams out there looking right now.

Sargeant79
03-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Widger & Ozuna remain

That sounds really good when you put it that way.

People have talked primarily about Kenny's offseason moves for Javier Vazquez and Jim Thome, but wow...did he do a nice job of getting us one of the best benches in baseball.

GoSox2K3
03-25-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm assuming that Logan will make the team in Hermansons spot, while Thornton will get the other spot. Thornton, Cotts, Jenks, Logan, Politte and McCarthy will be in the bullpen if the Sox have 11 pitchers, which I've heard they will start the season with. If they go to 12 pitchers, it will probably be Redding, or Hermanson if he gets healthy enough to pitch. That's how I would have the bullpen.

So, the bullpen status looks like this:
Cotts: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/agree.gif
Politte: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/agree.gif
Logan: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/agree.gif
McCarthy: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/agree.gif (???)
Jenks: :dunno:
Thornton: :duck:

...with Redding and Lopez as potentially servicable standbys in AAA. Does this sound right?

Any reason to be concerned about McCarthy's performance this spring?