PDA

View Full Version : The "Other" Trophy Tour Update 3/24/06

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 04:22 PM
We will definitely have a Trophy Party at FINLEY DUNNES on north Lincoln Ave (2 blocks north of Belmont on Lincoln) For those of you in the area ....

mjharrison72
03-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Is there a particular time when this will all be going on? I think my wife and I will look to stop by around 9 or so.

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Is there a particular time when this will all be going on? I think my wife and I will look to stop by around 9 or so.

Friday 3/24/06 ............ lets say 8pm. Think I want to watch that game as well ..............

SouthSide_HitMen
03-23-2006, 05:44 PM
We will definitely have a Trophy Party at FINLEY DUNNES on north Lincoln Ave (1 block South of Addison on Lincoln) For those of you in the area ....

Fixed it for you.

http://www.finleydunnes.com/

BC people should start to leave between 8 - 9 after their game.

Plan on seeing the trophy!

Dan Mega
03-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Thats about 5 minutes from where I live. I might stop by and introduce me-self :D:

ChiSoxGirl
03-23-2006, 09:37 PM
See you guys tomorrow night around 8! :gulp:

Meixner007
03-24-2006, 09:29 AM
How long do you guys plan on being there?

chisoxfanatic
03-24-2006, 09:31 AM

These guys are prone to closing the bar. I'll see you guys next week Saturday at Puffers!!!

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Hmm, I'm only about a ten minute walk away from this place. I'll try and make it out but my wife gets a bit annoyed when I leave her and a 6-month-old at home while I go get sloshed. What's her problem?

robiwho
03-24-2006, 09:44 AM
I'll definitely be there, probably closer to 9:00. Can't wait to see the new-and-improved trophy!

chisoxfanatic
03-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Hangar thinks he'll get away with bringing the trophy into Comiskey Park on Opening Night! It would be funny to see Brooks Boyer's reaction.

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 09:59 AM
For those of you who live nearby ............theres no excuse to not come out,
and Have a Beer with the Trophy. :gulp:

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 10:02 AM

I know, I know. Heck, I haven't even met any of you guys yet!

Perhaps someone should start a "convince itsnotrequired's wife that he should go see the trophy tonight" thread.:tongue:

Baby Fisk
03-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Hangar are you doing a road trip to Pittsburgh in June?

robiwho
03-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Perhaps someone should start a "convince itsnotrequired's wife that he should go see the trophy tonight" thread.:tongue:

Successful parenting requires delicate negotiation skills -- I'm going to hang with the trophy tonight and Mr. robiwho gets to go to a record collectors' convention tomorrow. Not quite sure if it's fair, however, as he'll have the kids when they're asleep and I'll have them tomorrow when they're awake! :o: :D:

Baby Fisk
03-24-2006, 10:37 AM

http://members.aol.com/dbc00pr/pict3.jpg
"For the love of GOD! LET THE BOY GO AND SEE THE TROPHY!"

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Hangar are you doing a road trip to Pittsburgh in June?

YUP, I will be there. Im flying there for that. My buddy does work in Pitts a few times a year, begged me to make this trip

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 11:20 AM

Depends ..... What time does Meixner007 want us there til? :cool:

Baby Fisk
03-24-2006, 11:21 AM
YUP, I will be there. Im flying there for that. My buddy does work in Pitts a few times a year, begged me to make this trip
I'm going too. :bandance:

Will they let the trophy on the plane?

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 11:24 AM

Well, theyre letting me take it with me onboard when I fly to L.A.

Baby Fisk
03-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Well, theyre letting me take it with me onboard when I fly to L.A.
The Trophy Tour has to make a swing through the Burgh! I hope they let you bring it, Hangar!

jenn2080
03-24-2006, 12:57 PM
I know, I know. Heck, I haven't even met any of you guys yet!

This bar is my fav bar in the Chicago. The owner is great and he is my co workers cousin. They have one of the best staffs in Chicago. It is March Madness NO ONE should have to get permission from anyone to go out.

BTW I hope Duke is the # 16 seat next year for what they did to my brackets.

chisoxmike
03-24-2006, 07:18 PM
These guys are prone to closing the bar...

Hey now! I have no idea who you are talking about.:D:

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 07:27 PM
All right, I'm in. I'm leaving my place a little after 8:00 so should be there about 8:15-8:20.

Get ready...

DumpJerry
03-25-2006, 02:05 AM
It was great seeing everyone tonight. We got to witness at least one "Stupid Cub Fan Moment" with Hangar!!!! At last, one of Henry's famous enounters was witnessed! Once he shakes the *cobwebs* off tomorrow, I'm sure he'll post it. Too bad the pic cannot be uploaded without some censorship.....

itsnotrequired
03-25-2006, 09:01 AM
It was great seeing everyone tonight. We got to witness at least one "Stupid Cub Fan Moment" with Hangar!!!! At last, one of Henry's famous enounters was witnessed! Once he shakes the *cobwebs* off tomorrow, I'm sure he'll post it. Too bad the pic cannot be uploaded without some censorship.....

I totally forgot about that photo until I saw it this morning. Hilarious!

It was great to finally see The Trophy and meet some fellow WSI members. Definitely looking forward to Puffers next weekend!

robiwho
03-25-2006, 11:43 AM
I can't believe we got to witness Stupid Cub Fan Moment 9,894! If only you could post that picture, itsnotrequired! I actually have to give the Cub fan props for playing along -- and she was a lot less annoying than the Boston College guy who wouldn't leave "Stephanie" alone! ChiSoxGirl, you handled him so well!

Great time last night; it was good to see everyone.

chisoxmike
03-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Looks like I missed a fun night...damn wisdom teeth!

SouthSide_HitMen
03-25-2006, 12:57 PM
I can't believe we got to witness Stupid Cub Fan Moment 9,894! If only you could post that picture, itsnotrequired! I actually have to give the Cub fan props for playing along -- and she was a lot less annoying than the Boston College guy who wouldn't leave "Stephanie" alone! ChiSoxGirl, you handled him so well!

Than again if you harass enough women, one is bound to be named Stephanie (though the odds of Stephanie actually wanting to talk to drunk boy are astronomical).

Great to see several posters and friends of WSI at Finley Dunnes. Hanger I hope you didn't cross the line with your cub provoking antics after I left. :wink:

Waking up at 5 am was not fun. :o: Though my draft went well. :cool:

itsnotrequired
03-25-2006, 01:10 PM

I'll cheat the system and just post a link:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3463/dsc00764small4gi.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Obscene gesture in photo

ewokpelts
03-25-2006, 01:12 PM
YUP, I will be there. Im flying there for that. My buddy does work in Pitts a few times a year, begged me to make this tripwhat hotel are you staying at? I plan on setting up camp at the amerisuites near the airport.(free room because of soxfest)...

itsnotrequired
03-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Okay, I've uploaded some of last night's photos to the WSI Members gallery. However, they are still waiting approval.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=6

chisoxmike
03-25-2006, 01:39 PM
I'll cheat the system and just post a link:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3463/dsc00764small4gi.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Obscene gesture in photo

:rolling:

itsnotrequired
03-25-2006, 01:41 PM
:rolling:

Hangar totally baited her. She said the word "Cubs" and he jumped all over her.

At least she was gracious enough to pose for a photo op.:redneck

robiwho
03-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Hangar totally baited her. She said the word "Cubs" and he jumped all over her.

At least she was gracious enough to pose for a photo op.:redneck

Classic! She was actually pretty cool about the whole thing...even laughed at the picture.

mjharrison72
03-25-2006, 03:57 PM
It was definitely great meeting some of you last night at my first WSI "gathering." Hopefully we can have some more of these on the North Side to show people it's going to be a Sox town form now on.

jenn2080
03-25-2006, 05:44 PM
I had to put the drunk random in a cab. He thought my husband/boyfriend was every guy I was standing next to. He was going to give me $20 for putting him the cab.

DumpJerry
03-25-2006, 06:30 PM
That drunk guy from Bean Town was too much! Is seems like Jenn2080 and the woman he was hitting on at the bar got along real after they bonded over the experience. The Cub fan in the photo told Henry she hated the Sox...talk about asking for it! It was like pulling a gun on Dirty Harry.

ChiSoxGirl
03-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Another WSI Gathering, more great times; they seem to go hand-in-hand!!! It was great to finally meet itsnotrequired, mjharrison72, etc., and great seeing Hangar, robiwho, robiwho's brother, and DumpJerry again. "Stephanie" here did herself proud in shoving off the Bostonian who probably introduced himself to me as "John" six times in five minutes. I finally put him in his place and walked away. :bandance: We didn't close the place this time around, but DumpJerry, Hangar, and myself left around 1:30a.

My pictures are all uploaded to my computer and I'll POST IT as soon as I have a chance tonight. I'll let you know when they're up.

chisoxfanatic
03-25-2006, 11:36 PM
You're coming to Puffers next Saturday night, right Jen? Cyndi, Mitch, and Mike will be there as well. Mike's penning his "speech" to be delivered precisely at 7:30 pm on the dot!

DumpJerry
03-25-2006, 11:38 PM
You're coming to Puffers next Saturday night, right Jen? Cyndi, Mitch, and Mike will be there as well. Mike's penning his "speech" to be delivered precisely at 7:30 pm on the dot!
I can't. Too far to walk from my home.

chisoxfanatic
03-25-2006, 11:41 PM
I can't. Too far to walk from my home.

LOL! You ARE coming, aren't you, Bob? Too bad Robin can't be there! :(: It'll be great to see her once again for the tailgate tho!

ChiSoxGirl
03-26-2006, 12:01 AM

I wouldn't miss this event for the world! I also recruited itsnotrequired last night to join us at Puffers!

If Mike is delivering his speech at 7:30, what time are we all getting there, 7?

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't miss this event for the world! I also recruited itsnotrequired last night to join us at Puffers!

If Mike is delivering his speech at 7:30, what time are we all getting there, 7?

The toast wont happen until everyone gets there. So maybe not at 7:30, that when we are all meeting.

I better get cracking on this speech, I've been out for a few days after getting my wisdom teeth pulled, I have a few days to starting penning this thing. I'm feeling some pressure here Heather.

chisoxfanatic
03-26-2006, 12:45 AM
I better get cracking on this speech, I've been out for a few days after getting my wisdom teeth pulled, I have a few days to starting penning this thing. I'm feeling some pressure here Heather.

Now we're all in trouble!!! Heaven help us here!!! You shoulda done it BEFORE losing your wisdom! :cool:

chisoxfanatic
03-26-2006, 01:27 AM

Haha! We might just bump into eachother at Toronto Pearson Airport, because I'll be visiting my hunnie then!

P.S.: You might want to ask your mayor to beautify the city of Hamilton, because the view from the shorline of Burlington would look nicer, and would be much appreciated by myself and him!

chisoxmike
03-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Now we're all in trouble!!! Heaven help us here!!! You shoulda done it BEFORE losing your wisdom! :cool:

Did I ever have any?:D:

chisoxfanatic
03-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Did I ever have any?:D:

You are a Sox fan, so you must have SOME!

ChiSoxGirl
03-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Pictures are up from Finley Dunne's on Friday night!!! GOOD TIMES! :D: