PDA

View Full Version : Need Female Sox Fan For Magazine Interview Asap!

FarmerAndy
03-23-2006, 02:29 PM
This is for Time Out Chicago magazine.

Here's what is needed.....

*Female
*Attends a lot of games at the Cell (season ticket holder would be nice.)
*Can give good answers to questions about the ballpark.
*Can do a phone interview today.
*Can be at Jimbo's or another nearby location this evening to have their photo taken.

email me at anclin@acxiom.com

The deadline in here, this needs to be done today. Please do not respond if you are reading this after Thursday 3/23, 6pm

Iwritecode
03-23-2006, 02:39 PM

*Female
*Can be at Jimbo's or another nearby location this evening to have their photo taken.

The deadline in here, this needs to be done today. Please do not respond if you are reading this after Thursday 3/23, 6pm

My company handles the subscriptions for that magazine. As well as Time Out New York. :cool:

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Andrew, Ive got just the person for you, Im calling you shortly .......

FarmerAndy
03-23-2006, 02:43 PM

I knew I could count on you, Mr. Hangar.

spiffie
03-23-2006, 02:46 PM
http://www.aibo-life.com/visorg/shindig_07/richard_02/tinfoil001.jpg

Hangar's referral?

paciorek1983
03-23-2006, 02:54 PM

*Female

That's what I need too. Any takers?:tongue: :wink: :smile:

mjharrison72
03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
That's what I need too. Any takers?:tongue: :wink: :smile:
LOL... "Please send e-mail with season ticket Section and Row numbers." :redneck

HotelWhiteSox
03-23-2006, 03:30 PM
LOL... "Please send e-mail with season ticket Section and Row numbers." :redneck

"Please attach picture as .jpg file"

DieTrying79
03-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Hangar, I'm assuming you are referring to our own ChiSoxGirl?

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 03:50 PM

close .......... but no Cigar

Tekijawa
03-23-2006, 03:57 PM
This is the worst personal add ever: here's mine

I run a mutli-million dollar Chocolate factory, owned by Oprah. I'm looking for a female who is really into sports to interview for a new position of free chocolate taster. Non-smoker preferred unless you resemble Cindy Crawford, Rebbecca-Romijn, or Heidi Klum.

The Applicant must be:

*at least 5'10"
*120-150 lbs
*athletic build and look good in either a sun dress or a mini-skirt.
*Enjoy Sports, cooking, cleaning, and being quiet.

I will be conducting a short interview over the phone tonight and the applicant must be willing to meet at Syberis, tomorrow if selected, and bring a 12 pack of Harp.

Sorry Andy I had to!

bafiarocks03
03-23-2006, 04:14 PM
:)!! Hi...Well I'm not a season ticket holder, but i do attend lots of games! obviously! but i probably can't do a pphone interview, but on here i can. And can't go to Jimbo's?

so yeah

FarmerAndy
03-23-2006, 04:54 PM
This is the worst personal add ever: here's mine

Sorry Andy I had to!

That's quite alright. I have a sense of humor.:)

chisoxfanatic
03-23-2006, 06:29 PM

Not that ChiSoxGirl wouldn't have been good for this either; but, not quite. He was referring to me, and they interviewed me for about 10 minutes this afternoon on the phone. Early tonight, a lady from the magazine came to my Bridgeport apartment to take some photos of me. I can't wait to see it in next week's magazine!

woodenleg
03-23-2006, 06:30 PM

*Female

Aw too bad. I coulda made it down to Jimbo's. I look okay in a photo.

Hope you found someone! Can't wait to see who it was.

ChiSoxGirl
03-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Not that ChiSoxGirl wouldn't have been good for this either; but, not quite. He was referring to me, and they interviewed me for about 10 minutes this afternoon on the phone. Early tonight, a lady from the magazine came to my Bridgeport apartment to take some photos of me. I can't wait to see it in next week's magazine!

I had a feeling he was referring to you! And believe me, I had thoughts of doing it, but getting to Bridgeport would've been nearly impossible for me. It'll be cool to see how it turns out!

chisoxfanatic
03-23-2006, 09:46 PM
I had a feeling he was referring to you! And believe me, I had thoughts of doing it, but getting to Bridgeport would've been nearly impossible for me. It'll be cool to see how it turns out!

It was fun!!! They're sending me a few copies of the magazine!!!

ws05champs
03-23-2006, 10:23 PM
For anyone that hasn't seen it, Time Out Chicago is a great magazine. They are always fair to the South Side and last year they even had Paulie on the cover. This week on page 24 they have a photo of Cub fans entering the urinal and the caption says, "BUMS RUSH Lemming-like Cubs fans charge Wrigley Field on opening day."

I'll be looking forward to seeing chisoxfanatic next week.

skobabe8
03-24-2006, 12:31 AM

Cant wait to see it! Let us know when/where to pick up the mags! :D:

ws05champs
03-24-2006, 09:30 AM

Time Out Chicago is $2.50 per single issue and may be very difficult to find outside of Chicago proper. But you can get 51 issues for $19.95 if you subscribe to it online at:

http://www.timeoutchicago.com (http://www.timeoutchicago.com/)

The subscription form is on the bottom of the page.

chisoxfanatic
03-24-2006, 09:32 AM

They told me that I'd be near the Table of Contents section of the magazine.

Baby Fisk
03-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Early tonight, a lady from the magazine came to my Bridgeport apartment to take some photos of me. I can't wait to see it in next week's magazine!
Did they get photos of your famous Sox home decor? :cool:

chisoxfanatic
03-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Did they get photos of your famous Sox home decor? :cool:

I wore my World Series Champions official locker room hat and my Konerko jersey. The lady told me she'd most likely use one of the pictures she took in my bedroom right in front of my '05 World Series Champions 3' X 5' banner.

Baby Fisk
03-24-2006, 10:03 AM
I wore my World Series Champions official locker room hat and my Konerko jersey. The lady told me she'd most likely use one of the pictures she took in my bedroom right in front of my '05 World Series Champions 3' X 5' banner.
Did you get a chance to install this (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2146968&clickid=body_featitems_txt) yet? :cool:

No home is complete...

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Did you get a chance to install this (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2146968&clickid=body_featitems_txt) yet? :cool:

No home is complete...

Does that guy sleep in a gymnasium? That ceiling is huge!

FarmerAndy
03-24-2006, 11:21 AM

Thanks so much for doing that on short notice. I told her I could easily find what she was looking for. Thanks to the WSI community, I was able to deliver. Thanks to you, and to Hangar for recruiting you.

I am jealous, though. I was in the magazine back during the playoffs, and they never offered to send me free copies. :(:

Hangar18
03-24-2006, 12:26 PM
I am jealous, though. I was in the magazine back during the playoffs, and they never offered to send me free copies. :(:

Hey man, but I do remember you being on Cub Lovers Tele Vision back when they clinched, I about fell out of my chair when they interviewed you underneath the US Cell Sign by the highway there. hilarious

FarmerAndy
03-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey man, but I do remember you being on Cub Lovers Tele Vision back when they clinched, I about fell out of my chair when they interviewed you underneath the US Cell Sign by the highway there. hilarious

They filmed that after we had been enjoying beverages at Jimbo's for 6 hours. It's amazing that I was able to stand, let alone do an interview. :gulp:

ws05champs
03-24-2006, 05:50 PM

No home is complete...

I wish I didn't see that. Now I'm going to have to build a new wall in the house somewhere.

DieTrying79
03-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Not that ChiSoxGirl wouldn't have been good for this either; but, not quite.

That's really cool to hear you were selected, CSF. If CSG lived in Bridgeport, this would be a tough call. You guys are both pretty rabid about the Sox!

tony1972
03-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Go to Borders or a Barnes and Noble - they always carry the most current issues of this magazine.

And your right - it is one of the few Chicago Magazines that are very fair to both the NorthSide and the Southside...

itsnotrequired
03-29-2006, 05:04 PM
I just saw the feature in my neighbor's copy. Looking good!