PDA

View Full Version : To Hal

soxrme
03-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Hal, I am older than even you. I am going to be 50-10 this year. Your thoughts are the same that many old-timers have, especially about the world series. I would like to add to it that if any more statues are put out there it should be Nellie & Louie. Thanks for the reflections.

34 Inch Stick
03-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Was the Civil War a difficult time period to live through?

itsnotrequired
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM

:roflmao:

mjharrison72
03-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Listen, man... they're not THAT old. Have some respect for people who lived through the Great Depression, OK? :D:

Tekijawa
03-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Or people who were around to see Columbus sign the Constitution back in 1812!

batmanZoSo
03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Or people who were around to see Columbus sign the Constitution back in 1812!

I believe that was Herbie Hancock and the Magna Carta. Duh. :cool:

MarySwiss
03-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Okay, I am a card-carrying member of the OFs. And even though Hal is a good 10 months older than I am, I've heard about all I'm going to listen to from the Diaper Brigade. And I call upon all the other OFs in this group to rise up--much as we did at Philippi--and kick some DB ass!

True, they may outnumber us at this site. But just remember, WE'RE the ones with the stellar credit histories. BWAAH-ha-ha-ha-ha! :D:

mjharrison72
03-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Okay, I am a card-carrying member of the OFs. And even though Hal is a good 10 months older than I am, I've heard about all I'm going to listen to from the Diaper Brigade. And I call upon all the other OFs in this group to rise up--much as we did at Philippi--and kick some DB ass!

True, they may outnumber us at this site. But just remember, WE'RE the ones with the stellar credit histories. BWAAH-ha-ha-ha-ha! :D:
Philippi... was that in the '60s or something?

WSox8404
03-23-2006, 05:16 PM

Funny you mention credit. Mine just took a major dump. A good 'friend' I cosigned on a car for because I had perfect credit and she had none, hasn't made the last five payments. OUCH!!!!! I just found this out today. Well my lawyer heard from me today and now this is going to be taken care of. Have one more fun day in that car sweetheart cause its getting repoed on Saturday. I hate life sometimes.

MarySwiss
03-23-2006, 05:17 PM

Always wanted to do this::tealpolice:

Dan Mega
03-23-2006, 06:02 PM

Correct, during the time of Abraham Lincoln :D:

MarySwiss
03-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Correct, during the time of Abraham Lincoln :D:

:thumbsup:

WSox597
03-23-2006, 06:05 PM
"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill."

Remember, fellow OFs, every day above ground is a good day.

TornLabrum
03-23-2006, 07:49 PM
"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill."

Remember, fellow OFs, every day above ground is a good day.

You know you're an OF when you have to check the obits every day to make sure you're still alive.

When I was young I used to love hearing older fans talking about Appling or Jackie Hayes or Monty Stratton, or even older ones talking about Jackson, Weaver, Schalk, and even Walsh. This team has a lot of history, and as one who got a perfect score on George's somewhat easier test than the obscure nicknames test, I'm glad I listened.