PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News Article: Sox favored to Repeat

Dolanski
03-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Not much of an article, but Stan McNeal pick the ChiSox to repeat as Champs. Enjoy.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=74912

soxfan26
03-23-2006, 12:08 PM
ALDS
White Sox over Red Sox
Yankees over A's

ALCS
White Sox over Yankees

NLDS
Cardinals over Braves
Mets over Giants

NLCS
Cardinals over Mets

World Series
White Sox over Cardinals

I'll take it.

palehozenychicty
03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
I'll take it.

I will too. If the sox do play the yanks, then i'm hunting for alcs tix. btw, i think the dodgers will win the nl west. they improved a lot, while the giants need their aarp cards renewed.

miker
03-23-2006, 02:28 PM
I dunno...I was much more comfortable when we were "under the radar".

White Sox Randy
03-23-2006, 02:40 PM
But, if the Sox play the Yankees, will anyone watch ?

spiffie
03-23-2006, 02:42 PM
I keep hearing this, and honestly I don't think any of this "under the radar" stuff mean **** to any of these players. They weren't under the radar in the playoffs and they went 11-1. This is the best team in baseball, and I don't worry that they are not proud and professional enough to play up to that standing unless they feel somehow "disrespected" by the media.

Baby Fisk
03-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I'd love to see this:

ALDS: Sox defeat Oakland
ALCS: Sox defeat New York
WS: Sox defeat St. Louis or whomever

soxfanatlanta
03-23-2006, 02:45 PM
I'd love to see this:

ALDS: Sox defeat Oakland
ALCS: Sox defeat New York
WS: Sox defeat St. Louis or whomever

WS: Sox defeat Atlanta

With that scenario, I'd be able to attend a game :smile:

White Sox Randy
03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
I remember this guy McNeal last year. When Cleveland got hot and was catching up to the Sox, he was writing that the Sox were done and wouldn't make the playoffs.

It's nice to see that he's come around.

palehozenychicty
03-23-2006, 02:49 PM
WS: Sox defeat Atlanta

With that scenario, I'd be able to attend a game :smile:

End spring training in ATL, end the postseason in ATL. I likes that.

ondafarm
03-23-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't think the Yankee$ will be close to the playoffs this year. I actually expect Toronto to take the ALED, the A's the ALWD and the Indians to battle the Angels for the ALWC. White Sox in the ALCD of course.

Baby Fisk
03-23-2006, 04:07 PM
I don't think the Yankee$ will be close to the playoffs this year. I actually expect Toronto to take the ALED, the A's the ALWD and the Indians to battle the Angels for the ALWC. White Sox in the ALCD of course.
That's pretty radical. Folks in Toronto aren't as optimistic. AJ Burnett experienced a sore elbow on the weekend and is scheduled to pitch again tomorrow under very close watch. Everyone is on pins & needles over that $55 million investment.

MarySwiss
03-23-2006, 04:41 PM

I agree. I think Toronto will surprise. In fact, I would not be surprised if they're the team we face in the ALCS. (We win, of course!)

ondafarm
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
That's pretty radical. Folks in Toronto aren't as optimistic. AJ Burnett experienced a sore elbow on the weekend and is scheduled to pitch again tomorrow under very close watch. Everyone is on pins & needles over that $55 million investment.

I don't think Toronto will be a great team, but I think they'll have what it takes to beat the Yank$ and Red Sox. Up and down that division there are gaping holes. The Yanks murderers row, just doesn't look that devastating and their pitching looks awful and the lousy defense. Boston looks rope-a-doped with even worse pitching. Baltimore is down, the Rays are up and love to pummel the Yanks, but they won't catch anyone. Toronto is my pick by default.

Norberto7
03-23-2006, 05:05 PM

Obviously. It's a lot easier to feel comfortable and motivated to win when everybody doubts you. But if you want to establish a championship organization, and not just a team, you have to be comfortable being the big pulsing green blob in the middle of the radar.

The last 88 years were under the radar. If the Sox keep winning, it will be different, and they'd better get used to it. Of course, a half season of mediocre ball, and.....well, you all know.

MarySwiss
03-23-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't think Toronto will be a great team, but I think they'll have what it takes to beat the Yank$ and Red Sox. Up and down that division there are gaping holes. The Yanks murderers row, just doesn't look that devastating and their pitching looks awful and the lousy defense. Boston looks rope-a-doped with even worse pitching. Baltimore is down, the Rays are up and love to pummel the Yanks, but they won't catch anyone. Toronto is my pick by default.

What impresses me about 2006 Toronto is the fact that even though virtually all the so-called "experts" concede that they did a great deal to improve themselves in the offseason, they are still not expected by most to contend.

Sound like anyone we know? Anyone? Bueller?

Brian26
03-23-2006, 10:23 PM
When Cleveland got hot and was catching up to the Sox, he was writing that the Sox were done and wouldn't make the playoffs.

So were a lot of people around here.

soxinem1
03-23-2006, 10:27 PM

I agree, the team responded to the chastising better. Being favorites sort of takes the chip away.

Fake Chet Lemon
03-25-2006, 09:34 AM
I just can't believe all the love this issue gives the Sox (it's still weird to not be hated and/or ignored). They rank the Sox in the top 5 in basically everything:

ROTATIONS:
#1- WHITE SsOX

HEART OF THE ORDER:
#1- YANKEES
#2- RED SOX
#3- WHITE SOX

BULLPENS:
#1- ASTROS (wish we could face Lidge every day)
#2- A'S
#3- WHITE SOX

CLUBHOUSE CHEMISTRY:
#1- WHITE SOX

BENCHES:
#1- ASTROS
#2- WHITE SOX

But they don't rate Pods as a top #5 leadoff hitter, not even the best in the AL Central.

Scotty Love
03-27-2006, 10:58 AM
I just can't believe all the love this issue gives the Sox (it's still weird to not be hated and/or ignored). They rank the Sox in the top 5 in basically everything:

ROTATIONS:
#1- WHITE SsOX

HEART OF THE ORDER:
#1- YANKEES
#2- RED SOX
#3- WHITE SOX

BULLPENS:
#1- ASTROS (wish we could face Lidge every day)
#2- A'S
#3- WHITE SOX

CLUBHOUSE CHEMISTRY:
#1- WHITE SOX

BENCHES:
#1- ASTROS
#2- WHITE SOX

But they don't rate Pods as a top #5 leadoff hitter, not even the best in the AL Central.

Can't expect love for all the Sox, but I'll take what I can get.

Having the best rotation in baseball,
Having the best clubhouse in baseball,
Winning the 2006 World Series, priceless
:bandance:

russ99
03-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I'll take it.

Wow - those are amazingly safe picks - nothing ever turns out so buttoned-down. There due to be some surprises, but hopefully not not in our division. :)