PDA

View Full Version : ** NewsMedia FLASHBack ** 3/23/04

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Lets get back in the time-machine, and see what hijinks and nonsense the Chicago Media was up to 2 years ago. On march 23rd of 2004
the SOX actually had MORE STORIES about them in both papers! Shocking.

But the real story apparently was the Cubs. Just 2 years ago, they finished the previous year with only 88 wins (but good enough in a bogus NL)
while the SOX were comparable with an 86 win season. YET, because the Cubs had been in the playoffs ................
they had 218 Stories ON THIS DATE 2 years AGO !!!!!! THEY LED BY A WHOPPING 94 STORIES and were running away all summer with Coverage.

That same team squeaked into the playoffs with only 88wins, then lost spectacularly, compared to a SOX team that led from DAY1, and WON in the playoffs in spectacular fashion no doubt, and continued to Win the World Series. The SOX are not receiving the SAME Coverage, despite what the Trib and SunTimes say.
Standings on 3/23/04
Cubs 218
SOX 124

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 10:43 AM
............The SOX are not receiving the SAME Coverage, despite what the Trib and SunTimes say.

Standings on 3/23/04
Cubs 218
SOX 124

amazing

SBSoxFan
03-23-2006, 11:06 AM
amazing
It is, but Hangar, you really need to get another hobby! :D:

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 11:13 AM
It is, but Hangar, you really need to get another hobby! :D:

heh heheh, just think, would you trust the Chicago Media after seeing all this? :cool:

Uncle_Patrick
03-23-2006, 11:21 AM
After reading Hangar's posts for so long, I actually find myself counting the stories in the sports sections in the morning.

SOXPHILE
03-23-2006, 11:24 AM
http://www.animationusa.com/picts/univpict/peabody.jpg
-"So, Sherman, as you can see from our latest adventure in the WABAC Machine, the Chicago media has always favored and fawned over that media conglomerate owned, yet losing, franchise in the city of Chicago. Perhaps someday they will remove the blinders and give the Chicago White Sox their due."

-"Gee, you're right Mr. Peabody. After all, they DID win the 2005 World Series.....!"

SBSoxFan
03-23-2006, 11:37 AM
-"So, Sherman, as you can see from our latest adventure in the WABAC Machine, the Chicago media has always favored and fawned over that media conglomerate owned, yet losing, franchise in the city of Chicago. Perhaps someday they will remove the blinders and give the Chicago White Sox their due."

-"Gee, you're right Mr. Peabody. After all, they DID win the 2005 World Series.....!"
hehe ......... I have the first season of Rocky and Bullwinkle on DVD --- great television!

Is it really 'WABAC'? What's it stand for? I always thought it was just 'way back' as in it took us way back in time. :?:

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 11:52 AM
hehe ......... I have the first season of Rocky and Bullwinkle on DVD --- great television!

Is it really 'WABAC'? What's it stand for? I always thought it was just 'way back' as in it took us way back in time. :?:

We'll Always Bitch Always Count .... stories to expose them as the frauds they always been

SBSoxFan
03-23-2006, 11:58 AM
We'll Always Bitch Always Count .... stories to expose them as the frauds they always been

I've found many posts here amusing, but that's the first one where I actually
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

WSox8404
03-23-2006, 12:03 PM
After reading Hangar's posts for so long, I actually find myself counting the stories in the sports sections in the morning.

So do I. And I bet a lot of people from this site do now also.