PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 3/23/06

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 09:45 AM
The Cubs have managed the impossible. If that can be said here in Chicago.
They have managed to TIE the SOX in media coverage, despite finishing in 4th place last season. The SOX, by comparison, were in 1st place the entire season and WON the World Series (only the 5th team in history to do so), yet are not garnering the Landslide coverage the Cubs have received the last 2 decades, despite having won NOTHING and coming off a 95 LOSS Season as recently as 2003

Quick Hits in the SunTimes is acknowledging the clever WSI poster who mocked the Cubs promotional schedule, heh heh. Who says nobody cares about what we say? There are good SOX pieces in both papers regarding the flaming-out of Bobby Jenks, and how the SOX will not just hand him the job if he continues his shoddy bullpen work. Good for them. Theres an actual article (foreshadowed by me just yesterday in "you write tomorrows cubune headline) entitled Selig Doing Nothing (but making fans sick) and calling for Buds resignation. Bahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahaha, just recently, the media were hailing Selig as pioneering commissioner, when all along I said he has been the worst thing to happen to MLB.
Chicago Tribune:
4 cub stories
2 sox stories
Chicago Sun-Times:
3 cub stories
2 sox stories

Standings as of Thurs March 23rd, 2006
4th Place in 2005, 21 games out of 1st ...........Cubs 108
1st Place all year in 2005, World Champion........SOX 108

itsnotrequired
03-23-2006, 09:47 AM
I figured the Sox would be able to hold the lead until Opening Day. Looks like I was wrong...

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Chicago Media. Freaking Amazing

WSox8404
03-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Chicago Media. Freaking Amazing

It is a joke. But what can be expected. There is a lot of pressure on the Cubs this year and rightfully so. Although if the tables were turned and the Cubs won it last year then you know damn well that the Cubs would be WAY up in the standings.

miker
03-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Headline from the Chicago Tribune:

Cubs Poised to Take Lead in Race for “Media Attention Trophy”

palehozenychicty
03-23-2006, 03:13 PM
It is a joke. But what can be expected. There is a lot of pressure on the Cubs this year and rightfully so. .

Signing Jacque Jones is such a championship move.

Tekijawa
03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Signing Jacque Jones is such a championship move.

I think adding those seats in the bleachers will help them in their quest for another attendance championship though!