PDA

View Full Version : Are the Tickets Sales at 2.5 MIL yet?

kruzer31
03-22-2006, 10:44 PM
I went down to the park today to buy tickets and I was shocked to find how hard it is to get seats next to each other, especially in the bleachers. Chance of getting to that 3mil mark are really good. Also, there were 100s of cars in the parking lot at Comiskey. Wonder for what?

Jeff

oeo
03-22-2006, 10:47 PM
I went down to the park today to buy tickets and I was shocked to find how hard it is to get seats next to each other, especially in the bleachers. Chance of getting to that 3mil mark are really good. Also, there were 100s of cars in the parking lot at Comiskey. Wonder for what?

Jeff

Camping out so they're the first one's in on opening day. :redneck

chisoxfanatic
03-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Also, there were 100s of cars in the parking lot at Comiskey. Wonder for what?

If they were in Lot D, they probably work for the White Sox.

mattmalec
03-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Aside from the Sox staffers, there are scores of workers getting the ballpark ready for April 2nd, including those installing the new green seating.

McCuddy's returns in 2006! :gulp: Stay tuned to WSI for details.

34 Inch Stick
03-23-2006, 02:34 PM
The cars are there because of the tourists who are paying $50 a pop to tour the landmark.

mweflen
03-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Is this an attendance thread?:cool:

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I went down to the park today to buy tickets .... there were 100s of cars in the parking lot at Comiskey. Wonder for what?

out of the 200 cars, 199 belong to SOX front office types.
The Green Toyota belongs to the guy putting in a seat today ..........

roylestillman
03-23-2006, 08:14 PM

Don't toy with my emotions! What's this about? Better be Julio burgers and $6 cans of Miller Lite ready when I walk through that door.

comiskey2000
03-23-2006, 08:42 PM

Pure Gold

warehouse823
03-23-2006, 09:05 PM
ooook...to clear up what all the cars were today... Most of them were front office employees and some of them were for construction and other people that are getting things ready for the start of the season.
However, most of the cars were there for a "Day of game employee" orientation. They do it every year for everyone who works at the ball park as a "day of game employee" (sox split, guest service reps, standard parking, sdr security, bullpen bar employees/suite and terrace employees, sports service people...etc...) They have 4-5 different employee orientation dates before the year starts every year to just get the new employees up to date on how things will be for the year.
I know this..only cause I am one of them. I'm one of the "sox split" sellers. I've been doing it for 6 years..some of you might know me. fOR THE RECORD..I ALSO THINK one of my fellow workers is really annoying. You might know her as the "SOX SPLIT SELLER" WHO CONSTANTLY YELLS AS LOUD AS SHE CAN..and says its only "2 dollars or 8 quarters" with a high pitched voice..I'm sure most of you know who she is!
Anyhow...I've benn lurking on this site for the longest time and probably have met most of you at the park or at most of the sox events..I've met Hangar18 several times...well maybe I'll start posting more.
As to which sox split seller I am..I'm the Drew Carey looking dude..haha.
Go Sox...Incase last year hasn't sunk in yet...We'll just have to win it again!

chisoxfanatic
03-23-2006, 09:44 PM
I know this..only cause I am one of them. I'm one of the "sox split" sellers. I've been doing it for 6 years..some of you might know me. fOR THE RECORD..I ALSO THINK one of my fellow workers is really annoying. You might know her as the "SOX SPLIT SELLER" WHO CONSTANTLY YELLS AS LOUD AS SHE CAN..and says its only "2 dollars or 8 quarters" with a high pitched voice..I'm sure most of you know who she is!

"LAAAAAAAAST NIIIIIIIIIGHT'S WIIIIIIIIIIINNER TOOOOOOOOOK HOOOOOME 5,000 DOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLAAAAAAAARRRRRRRSSSSSS!!!" She IS annoying!!! Is she back again???

Andy T Clown
03-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Aside from the Sox staffers, there are scores of workers getting the ballpark ready for April 2nd, including those installing the new green seating.

:o: :o: :o: :o: :gulp:

warehouse823
03-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Chisoxfanatic---

YEs UNFORTUNATELY..she is coming back..A bunch of co-workers and I have complained about her selling techniques numerous times..but our boss just thinks we don't like her. He has talked to her at times abut how obnoxious she can be..but she just seems to keep doing it. Believe it or not she is the best seller we have along with another lady that works the bar (liz). I hate the fact that fans mock us all the time (like you just did..haha) ...but to be honest..I would mock us too...she is super annoying and embarrassing..especially when she just stands in the first row of the aisle yelling as loud as she can. Only thing I could suggest..if any fan is annoyed by her..please bring it to guest relations. Guest Relations would then make sure our boss would fix the problem.

Scottiehaswheels
03-23-2006, 11:28 PM
. Believe it or not she is the best seller we have along with another lady that works the bar (liz).would fix the problem.

I believe it... but you also have to look at which sections she works... she tends to work the home side between 143 and 150 or so.... that alone means she tends to work the sections of season ticket holders and season ticket holders don't do to badly if you know what i mean... just an observation...

spiffie
03-23-2006, 11:45 PM
"LAAAAAAAAST NIIIIIIIIIGHT'S WIIIIIIIIIIINNER TOOOOOOOOOK HOOOOOME 5,000 DOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLAAAAAAAARRRRRRRSSSSSS!!!" She IS annoying!!! Is she back again???
Thank you. Now I'm not going to sleep tonight as I hear that voice rattling around in my head.

I bought my Sox Split tickets every game I went to last year, but I absolutely refused to buy them from her. I would go walk to their table on the lower level halfway around the stadium from me rather than buy from her.

Once I had a nightmare about the love child of her and the "MILLLLLLLLLLLAAAAHHHHHHHH LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE" beer vendor. I didn't sleep again that month.

she tends to work the home side between 143 and 150 or so
She sure seemed to end up out in my neck of the woods (Sec. 101) quite a lot last year.

chisoxfanatic
03-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Once I had a nightmare about the love child of her and the "MILLLLLLLLLLLAAAAHHHHHHHH LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE" beer vendor. I didn't sleep again that month.

That guy is HILLARIOUS!!!

"IIIIIIIII Gooooooooottttttttt Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr!!!"

chisoxfanatic
03-23-2006, 11:52 PM
I believe it... but you also have to look at which sections she works... she tends to work the home side between 143 and 150 or so.... that alone means she tends to work the sections of season ticket holders and season ticket holders don't do to badly if you know what i mean... just an observation...

I don't know about that. I sat in that area in over half of the 38 games I went to last year, and I saw her much more in the right field area/1B line instead.

Scottiehaswheels
03-24-2006, 12:04 AM
I don't know about that. I sat in that area in over half of the 38 games I went to last year, and I saw her much more in the right field area/1B line instead. Huh... interesting... I always saw her in the 3B section... perhaps they rotate between innings? never really paid much attention to her after I bought by raffle tix..

havelj
03-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Chisoxfanatic---
YEs UNFORTUNATELY..she is coming back..A bunch of co-workers and I have complained about her selling techniques numerous times..but our boss just thinks we don't like her. He has talked to her at times abut how obnoxious she can be..but she just seems to keep doing it. Believe it or not she is the best seller we have along with another lady that works the bar (liz). I hate the fact that fans mock us all the time (like you just did..haha) ...but to be honest..I would mock us too...she is super annoying and embarrassing..especially when she just stands in the first row of the aisle yelling as loud as she can. Only thing I could suggest..if any fan is annoyed by her..please bring it to guest relations. Guest Relations would then make sure our boss would fix the problem.

"I bet she can't yell as better as me...or panhandle for money either!"

:woo-woo

SBSoxFan
03-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I was wondering how long this was gonna take! At least it's not a blue Toyota.

russ99
03-24-2006, 01:22 PM

Yikes! Such an offspring would be truly frightening.

- R

pdimas
03-24-2006, 02:27 PM

Oh god no!!! I couldn't even get her to quiet down enough to buy some tickets off of her. Every time I tried to get her attention she seemed to get louder. I don't know which part of the park she frequents the most but anytime I see her by 160 is one time too many.

rightsox
03-24-2006, 03:23 PM

I can't think of anyone quite as bad as the lemonade guy in Kansas City. A buddy and I got some super-cheap tickets down there so we bought tickets to two Royals-A's games. The first game we were in his section and were nearly deafened, and the second game were were completely across the park and we could still hear him.

Now every time the sox go to KC, I hear him on the TV and I start grating my teeth.

"LEEEEEEEEHHHHHMONADE LEMONADELEMONADELEMONADE!!"

He's so damn loud. I want to hit him real hard.

johnnyg83
03-24-2006, 03:32 PM
There's a PS2 videogame that actually has the lemonade guy shouting in the background when you play in KC.

AZChiSoxFan
03-24-2006, 05:15 PM

That's classic Hangar!! I love it!

chisoxfanatic
03-24-2006, 08:55 PM
I can't think of anyone quite as bad as the lemonade guy in Kansas City. A buddy and I got some super-cheap tickets down there so we bought tickets to two Royals-A's games. The first game we were in his section and were nearly deafened, and the second game were were completely across the park and we could still hear him.

Now every time the sox go to KC, I hear him on the TV and I start grating my teeth.

"LEEEEEEEEHHHHHMONADE LEMONADELEMONADELEMONADE!!"

He's so damn loud. I want to hit him real hard.

Does he match up with Detroit's singing hot dog vendor? I heard the Tigers ordered the guy to tone it down or else!

SoLongFrank
03-26-2006, 11:52 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-soxbuzz26.html
trying to get the thread back on track ;)