PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training Tucson

ks_8999
01-15-2002, 03:46 PM
I'm headed to spring training this year in Tucson. Can anyone recommend any hotels that are near where players (or most other fans) might stay. Last year we stayed at the Embassy Suites, and it was away from the action.

longshot7
01-15-2002, 05:12 PM
isn't there a Holiday Inn right outside the ballpark?

AsInWreck
01-15-2002, 05:42 PM
Any hotel in Tucson is far from the action. :D:
If I were you I'd stay in scottsdale, the sox play
in phoenix area quite a few times and if you stay in scottsdale you are within 10-20 minutes of all the Phoeniz area parks, particularly giants, a's cubs, and angels parks and only 1 1/2 hours from tucson. There is way, way more to do in scottsdale alone, not to mention rest of phoenix, than tucson.Check out accessaz.com for good info on ST

Viva Magglio
01-15-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
isn't there a Holiday Inn right outside the ballpark?

The Holiday Inn Palo Verde is the closest hotel to Tucson Electric Park. It is not the hotel the players stay at, and it used to house the Colorado Rockies' minor leaguers. The hotel bar is somewhat dead at night, but the hotel's locale is nice and convenient for me so that's where I go each year.

Viva Magglio
01-15-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck
Any hotel in Tucson is far from the action. :D:
If I were you I'd stay in scottsdale, the sox play
in phoenix area quite a few times and if you stay in scottsdale you are within 10-20 minutes of all the Phoeniz area parks, particularly giants, a's cubs, and angels parks and only 1 1/2 hours from tucson. There is way, way more to do in scottsdale alone, not to mention rest of phoenix, than tucson.Check out accessaz.com for good info on ST

I prefer to stay in Tucson. Not as much goes on there than in the Phoenix area, but it's nice and quiet. Phoenix and its surrounding suburbs to see seem like an overgrown subdivision. Furthermore, I think Tucson is somewhat underrated. This link will provide you all kinds of information on Tucson.

Metropolitan Tucson Convention and Visitors Bureau (http://www.visittucson.org/home/index.cfm?action=Cover)