PDA

View Full Version : World Series DVD Box Set Shipped

MaggPipes
03-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Or atleast it better be because my account was charged for it today...

goofymsfan
03-22-2006, 11:29 PM
I got an email from Deep Discount DVD and it has in fact been shipped! I can't wait to get it!!!!!!

Scottiehaswheels
03-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Or atleast it better be because my account was charged for it today...They should be available now... So I would think they are shipping... I entered a contest yesterday at the trophy tour to win the set.... Wish me luck!

JohnBasedowYoda
03-23-2006, 12:01 AM
I finally ordered mine. I can't afford it but dammit you live once, right?

mike squires
03-23-2006, 12:09 AM
If I purchase it a Best Buy or wal Mart or other retail stores, how much am looking at spending?

C-Dawg
03-23-2006, 05:54 AM
If I purchase it a Best Buy or wal Mart or other retail stores, how much am looking at spending?

And I'm assuming the stores will be getting them soon, right? I was just thinking I need to start watching the Border's near me for these. I need another WS fix!

SBSoxFan
03-23-2006, 07:05 AM
It's $70 at mlb.com, $49 at amazon, and $42 at deep discount dvd. The release date isn't until 3/28, but I saw a note at deep discount dvd stating that it ships "to arrive on or around the the scheduled release date."

cheeses_h_rice
03-23-2006, 11:58 AM
My Deepdiscoundvd.com order also shipped today, so I'm hoping to have these in my hands by the official release date.

:bandance:

chisoxfan64
03-23-2006, 01:09 PM
I just picked it up at Sams Club for 39.88.
I know what I`ll be watching the rest of the day.:D:

Fuller_Schettman
03-23-2006, 01:22 PM
I'd be interested to see some reviews. I already have the entire post-season on DVD, so I am eager to find out if I am missing anything in this box set...

VIKINGS630
03-23-2006, 02:54 PM
The Box Set is Available at Best buy as well. Just picked one up today for $50.00:)
DVD features:
2005 World Series Clubhouse Victory Celebration
Official Trophy Presentation
Parade Footage and Player Speeches
Exclusive Interviews: Ozzie Guillen, Paul Konerko, Jermaine Dye, Scott Podsenik, A.J. Pierzynski, Mark Buehrle, Aaron Rowand, Don Cooper, Kenny Williams
Special Game Footage: White Sox Clinching American League Central Division
Final three outs of the 2005 World Series

This is what is on back of the box:
With unprecedented prowess, stellar pitching, heroic and timely hitting, the selfless, team-oriented players of the Chicago White Sox conquered the Baseball World. After battling through three rounds of competition, the White Sox claimed the World Series championship for the first time since 1917.

The White Sox were the first team to clinch all three rounds with road victories. This spectacular one-of-a-kind DVD collection includes the complete game broadcasts of the final road wins against the Boston Red Sox, the Los Angeles Angels, and all four dramatic victories over the Houston Astros--more than 18 hours of pure "Pale Hose" pleasure is packed into this remarkable DVD collection.

Intensify your viewing with Sleeve Stats: the perfect companion to the ultimate baseball DVD experience, offering official stats, trivia, and game summaries right on each DVD's package.
Now, all the timeless moments of relief, pride, and ecstasy of the historic 2005 postseason that came to a glorious conclusion are preserved for you in this exceptional set.

eriqjaffe
03-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Sweet! I have a $30something Borders store credit I've been sitting on since Christmas, just waiting for this to come out.

WhiteSoxFan5644
03-23-2006, 03:13 PM
The Box Set is Available at Best buy as well. Just picked one up today for $50.00:)
DVD features:
Exclusive Interviews: Ozzie Guillen, Paul Konerko, Jermaine Dye, Scott Podsenik, A.J. Pierzynski, Mark Buehrle, Aaron Rowand, Don Cooper, Kenny Williams

With unprecedented prowess, stellar pitching, heroic and timely hitting, the selfless, team-oriented players of the Chicago White Sox conquered the Baseball World. After battling through three rounds of competition, the White Sox claimed the World Series championship for the first time since 1917.

The White Sox were the first team to clinch all three rounds with road victories. This spectacular one-of-a-kind DVD collection includes the complete game broadcasts of the final road wins against the Boston Red Sox, the Los Angeles Angels, and all four dramatic victories over the Houston Astros--more than 18 hours of pure "Pale Hose" pleasure is packed into this remarkable DVD collection.

Intensify your viewing with Sleeve Stats: the perfect companion to the ultimate baseball DVD experience, offering official stats, trivia, and game summaries right on each DVD's package.
Now, all the timeless moments of relief, pride, and ecstasy of the historic 2005 postseason that came to a glorious conclusion are preserved for you in this exceptional set.

Which Best Buy did you pick it up at?

VIKINGS630
03-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Which Best Buy did you pick it up at?

Picked it up at the Best Buy in Bolingbrook, IL. I seen two other people pick it up as well.

itsnotrequired
03-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I seen two other people pick it up as well.

No one will ever buy this thing.

Yesterday at Amazon, the DVD's sale rank was 1513, right ahead of "Deep Space nine - The Complete Third Season".:redneck

rookie
03-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey, how is it out at Best Buy already when the release date isn't until 3/28?

ilsox7
03-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Do they have an option to watch the playoff games synced with the radio broadcast?

skobabe8
03-23-2006, 05:47 PM

And this is why I hate to pre-order anything. I should have waited and bought it off the shelf. I wouldnt have to sit in front of my window every day waiting for the mailman, and I would have saved 2 bucks in the process!

shaunburnette
03-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Ok stupid question of the day:

Does this dvd contain complete footage of every World Series game?

Even better, can I select the Rooney/Farmer audio track to be in-sync with the video?

dondosae1
03-23-2006, 09:20 PM

Even better, can I select the Rooney/Farmer audio track to be in-sync with the video?

This spectacular one-of-a-kind DVD collection includes the complete game broadcasts of the final road wins against the Boston Red Sox, the Los Angeles Angels, and all four dramatic victories over the Houston Astros--more than 18 hours of pure "Pale Hose" pleasure

I would be surprised if they include radio...

Iwritecode
03-23-2006, 09:23 PM
And this is why I hate to pre-order anything. I should have waited and bought it off the shelf. I wouldnt have to sit in front of my window every day waiting for the mailman, and I would have saved 2 bucks in the process!

I learned that with the other 2 WS DVDs.

Hell, wait a couple months and the price will eventually drop.

chisoxfanatic
03-23-2006, 10:19 PM

Since WalMart and Sams are owned by the same person, would it be the same price at WalMart?

ilsox7
03-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Since WalMart and Sams are owned by the same person, would it be the same price at WalMart?

I do not know this for certain, but it's unlikely. Sam's Club is a paid membership, which factors somewhat into cheaper prices.

TommyJohn
03-24-2006, 05:35 AM
"Pure Pale Hose pleasure?" Something about that phrase just disturbs me.....

I'll be getting it at soon as I can. If it is out now at Best Buy, I'll hunt it
down.

SOXSINCE'70
03-24-2006, 06:54 AM
It's $70 at mlb.com, $49 at amazon, and $42 at deep discount dvd. The release date isn't until 3/28, but I saw a note at deep discount dvd stating that it ships "to arrive on or around the the scheduled release date."

Mine ships 3/28.Can't wait.:bandance: :bandance:

SoxFan78
03-24-2006, 09:27 AM
I went to the Best Buy last night in Downers Grove and the DVD was not out yet. Maybe some stores are releasing it, but not others...

mike squires
03-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Went to both Wal Mart and Best Buy here in Champaign and of course...they don't have it.

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Yesterday at Amazon, the DVD's sale rank was 1513, right ahead of "Deep Space nine - The Complete Third Season".:redneck

Sales rank slipped again yesterday. It was 1,520, two spots ahead of "Uncle Buck".:?:

To be fair, it is ranked about 1,100 right now and is sure to climb once it is officially released.

MarySwiss
03-24-2006, 02:11 PM
This may be heresy, but I'm not sure I'm going to buy this. I don't like it that they didn't include all the games; I cheerfully would have paid more if they had.

When you guys get yours and watch it, it'd be great to hear whether you think it's worth it. Probably will depend on the bonus coverage.

mike squires
03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
This may be heresy, but I'm not sure I'm going to buy this. I don't like it that they didn't include all the games; I cheerfully would have paid more if they had.

When you guys get yours and watch it, it'd be great to hear whether you think it's worth it. Probably will depend on the bonus coverage.

Knowing the die hard that you are I can't believe you would not buy this, especially considering places like Wall Mart will have it for under 30. I must admit I'm not as obsessive with video as I used to be. There was a time (just a few years ago) I would watch the game with the finger on the record button just in case something exciting happened so I could watch it over and over and over again. Same with 83. I want as much coverage and wish I had the playoff games in my library. Anyway, I'll be sure to but it once it comes out so I'll be able to look back on it for years to come. I probably won't watch every game from 1st to the 9th but I'll be looking at a lot of the footage on cold winter days. I say buy it!

roylestillman
03-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Can you folks who picked it up over the last few days mention which Best Buy/Borders locations you went to?

Baby Fisk
03-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Are the extras any good? Are there any surprises? Who's writing the Totally Biased DVD Review?

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-24-2006, 03:33 PM
too bad it doesnt have all the playoff games

RadioheadRocks
03-25-2006, 02:58 AM
DVD Empire has great enlarged front and back cover shots of the box set:

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99364647535816&item_id=938567&searchID=

ilsox7
03-25-2006, 03:03 AM
Do they have an option to watch the playoff games synced with the radio broadcast?

OK, several people have the box set. Can you please answer this question?

dakuda
03-25-2006, 06:44 AM

Does not apear so. Can't change languages, and there is no audio menu on the discs.

Roof Shot
03-25-2006, 01:25 PM
I just got done watching game 4 of the W.S. Wow...its still awesome to see. It was still nervous watching the last inning...LOL

tick53
03-25-2006, 06:54 PM
:winner

MarySwiss
03-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Knowing the die hard that you are I can't believe you would not buy this, especially considering places like Wall Mart will have it for under 30. I must admit I'm not as obsessive with video as I used to be. There was a time (just a few years ago) I would watch the game with the finger on the record button just in case something exciting happened so I could watch it over and over and over again. Same with 83. I want as much coverage and wish I had the playoff games in my library. Anyway, I'll be sure to but it once it comes out so I'll be able to look back on it for years to come. I probably won't watch every game from 1st to the 9th but I'll be looking at a lot of the footage on cold winter days. I say buy it!

And I probably will, but it's unlikely that the Wal-Mart out here will have it. (Sad, but true.) So I'll either order it from Amazon or wait until I hit town for the COTC. Although the latter might not be a good idea since I'm planning to max out my card at Grandstand, so I'd have to ship some of this stuff back.

Now I've had a long, hard day, so I am going to do what I usually do to get back to bouncing off the satellites--watch the WS DVD, the Sox Pride DVD, and my tape of the parade and rally!

chisoxfanatic
03-25-2006, 08:25 PM

That's a tall order to ask for. The Red Sox DVD set last year didn't have all of the playoff games, and I don't believe the Mets did either.

Johnny74
03-25-2006, 08:47 PM

Unfortunately the games cannot be viewed with the radio synced in. It makes me so mad. Joe Buck is an idiot! And during the Boston game all those announcers are so biased toward the Red Sox it's disgusting.

I got it today and already watched the final Boston game, the final Angels game and the final WS game.

El Duque's performance in that Boston game is just about one of the most amazing things a pitcher has ever done. AWESOME!

Overall, the DVD is good, but I wish it had an option for Rooney and Farmer. Oh well.

BNLSox
03-25-2006, 09:17 PM
I got mine in the mail yesterday from deep discount dvd. The stat sleeves are actually really cool in that they have the box score and random tidbits like game temperature, attendance, etc.

I'm annoyed that it doesn't have the opening ceremony before game 1. It was one of the greatest moments of my life and I was just hoping to see the team announced as the AL champs and see the stadium buzzing pregame. I guess thats what the World Series film is for, but I would have liked the pregame video.

Also it def does not have radio options. We're stuck with the television broadcasts for better or worse. But at least we can laugh at how damn stupid the ESPN crew was in their love of Boston. Chubby Berman practically called for the Red Sox comeback...

I made my sister watch the bases loaded no out jam in the bottom of the 6th today (she hates baseball), and she was amazed... Its great to see again!

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-25-2006, 09:37 PM
am i the only person upset that they only have 1 game of the ALCS and ALDS?

chisoxfanatic
03-25-2006, 09:42 PM

I've got the rest of the games on tape from the White Sox Holiday Celebration, so, no. And, beggers can't be choosers. I haven't bought the set yet; however, from what I'm reading about it, it's quite an outstanding set. The White Sox won the World Series for us. I'm happy.

goofymsfan
03-25-2006, 09:51 PM
I was out all day and had a nice surprise waiting in front of my door when I got home. I can't wait to watch the DVD's.

mweflen
03-25-2006, 10:27 PM
are the games in 16:9 or 4:3?

chisoxfanatic
03-25-2006, 11:25 PM

What do you mean by 16:9 or 4:3? Is that something like resolution or something?

RadioheadRocks
03-25-2006, 11:27 PM
According to the back of the box it's 4:3 Widescreen. (see link in above post)

Cuck the Fubs
03-25-2006, 11:32 PM
It's listed as full frame 1.33.........

sounds like it's 4:3 only...bummer

mweflen
03-25-2006, 11:43 PM
What do you mean by 16:9 or 4:3? Is that something like resolution or something?

aspect ratio - widescreen or "full screen" (i.e. old crappy 'square' tv)

Realist
03-26-2006, 01:16 AM
It's listed as full frame 1.33.........

sounds like it's 4:3 only...bummer

That ain't cool. :(:

StrTrkker
03-26-2006, 09:26 AM

I got my set at Sams yesterday in Joliet for the same price. They only had a couple sets so I would think that these will go fast...especially in the Chicago area.

I checked Costco as well...they didnt have the set yet.

Madvora
03-26-2006, 11:00 AM
This is great. Richard Roper just talked about the Sox DVD set as one of his "thumbs up video picks" on the Ebert & Roeper show.

rookie
03-26-2006, 11:42 AM
This is great. Richard Roper just talked about the Sox DVD set as one of his "thumbs up video picks" on the Ebert & Roeper show.

I just saw that too! It was nice to get a "shout out" from a famous thumb!

mike squires
03-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Got mine today after a trip to Sam's!!! Got home and watched the Boston game. What a 6 inning. It had everything. I especially enjoyed Guillen barking at the ump when he was squeezing Marte. So Champaign folks, I didn't see it at Wal Mart but it is at Sam's. I think they could have done a better job on the extras but I'm not complaining.

Cuck the Fubs
03-26-2006, 10:05 PM
I gotta have this set!!!:D:

Fuller_Schettman
03-27-2006, 12:39 AM
4:3? Ugh! That is a deal breaker for me. Guess I'll sit on what I have...

DachnoPiitu
03-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Why would it be widescreen?:?:

NonetheLoaiza
03-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Just for the Champaign folks out there, last semester when I was looking to get the WS DVD and Sox Pride, they didn't have it, and when I called to ask why, they said that they are technically in the St. Louis market, so they don't carry too much White Sox stuff. Whether that is true or not, I don't know, but that's what they told me.

SBSoxFan
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Why would it be widescreen?:?:
Wasn't it originally broadcast in HD? Then they could have done widescreen.

Anyway, I think having to listen to Buck and McCarver (and sometimes Pinella) again would be the deal-breaker for me!

DachnoPiitu
03-27-2006, 01:09 PM
I just got mine in the mail...
On the back it says 4:3 Letterbox... :D:
I haven't had a chance to watch it
Here's a pic of the back cover:
http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/84199d637089

palehozenychicty
03-27-2006, 01:16 PM
I would've like the ALDS games on video, since they shut up the national media in that series. But I'll get it because...I have no choice.

MySoxAreClean
03-28-2006, 09:32 PM
I odered mine on Ebay, Apply coupon code CPPEBAY03 for $3.47 off shipping for ebay purchases using paypal. Hope This helps

http://product.ebay.com/Chicago-White-Sox-2005-Series-World-Series-Collectors-Edition_UPC_733961747225_W0QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQfvcsZ 1177QQsacatZproductsearchQQsbrsrtZdQQsoprZ51828196

itsnotrequired
03-29-2006, 07:10 AM
My Amazon order shipped last night. Should be here in a couple days.

JoeyCora28
03-29-2006, 08:08 AM
FYI...

Costco has the set for $39.99.

Picked mine up last night!

SoxFan78
03-29-2006, 08:54 AM
I mentioned this in a different thread, but all best buy's in the Western suburb area are ALL OUT of the DVD box set. I have 80 bucks in Best Buy gift cards that I wanted to use to purchase the box set, thats why I can only shop at Best Buy. I went after work to the Downers Grove one, no luck, I called...

Schaumburg
Addison
Downers Grove
Melrose Park
N. Riverside
Harlem Iriving Plaza

Sold out at all of them. Im not sure if Best Buy didnt order enough or if that the sets were that popular, but needless to say I was really pissed last night.

starboy0
03-29-2006, 09:28 AM

On the bonus dvd you do indeed get Rooney and Farmer audio in-sync with the video. It is only for the last 3 outs of the final game however. But hey, you will have for all time Rooney's, "OUT! OUT! A WHITE SOX WINNER AND A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!"

Plus on the bonus DVD you get parade footage also.

BnzCP
03-29-2006, 09:37 AM
My set shipped but I haven't received it yet...the other 2 single DVDs were ok, I hope this is much better.

Hangar18
03-29-2006, 10:32 AM
DVD features:

This sounds good, Can someone tell us if the Audio is fixed on the WS broadcasts? If anyone notices, they tone the crowds down during the broadcasts (esp when rooney is broadcasting)

NonetheLoaiza
03-29-2006, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't be able to say for sure if they have them, but usually the Best Buy in Bolingbrook seems to have pretty much everything in stock. Some of the stuff that other Best Buys seem to run out of, the Bolingbrook one usually has it. For some reason, everytime I go there, the store is never really crowded, even on a weekend.

madopal
04-04-2006, 06:15 PM
4:3, letterboxed to widescreen ratio. What sense does THAT make? 4:3 only, but letterboxed only?!?!?

What's worse is that the games were originally broadcast in HD, so now that I've got a nice widescreen TV, I can't even GET the stupid things to zoom up. When I watch them and they're not all stretched, I'm not using over HALF of my screen? :angry:

*** were they THINKING? Couldn't they have actually RELEASED them in WS and FS editions?

FoulTerritory
04-04-2006, 07:15 PM
4:3, letterboxed to widescreen ratio. What sense does THAT make? 4:3 only, but letterboxed only?!?!?

What's worse is that the games were originally broadcast in HD, so now that I've got a nice widescreen TV, I can't even GET the stupid things to zoom up. When I watch them and they're not all stretched, I'm not using over HALF of my screen? :angry:

*** were they THINKING? Couldn't they have actually RELEASED them in WS and FS editions?

Yeah, I posted a substantial rant about this in the other thread about the collectors set (its on the 5th page): http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68290&page=5&highlight=collectors+edition

The thing is, within 5 years, 4:3 TVs will be obsolete, so basically for the rest our lives we're going to have to watch this thing stretched on 16'9 screens. The problem is that it is not anamorphic wide screen, and so doesn't auto format to that ratio, hence . . . the stretching. Terrible long-term thinking on the part of A&E.

And as you said, what makes it even more maddening is that it was originally broadcast in anamorphic HD wide screen, and the sides were lopped for 4:3 televisions . . . . so this just boggles me.

In my opinion, its the worst of both worlds because not only is it 4:3, but its Letterbox . . . . so in 4:3 you get bars on top and bottom (the source of Lip's irritation), and in 16:9, you get stretching AND bars, so that it doesn't fit at all. Bizzare.

Lip Man 1
04-04-2006, 08:02 PM
What do you expect? The 'movie' industry wants you to go out and spend a king's ransom getting a letterbox / widescreen TV. That's exactly the reason why for example, Hollywood Video does not offer any recent releases in fullscreen.

Like I said it doesn't take a genius (and God knows I'm not one...) to figure that out.

Lip

FoulTerritory
04-04-2006, 10:30 PM
What do you expect? The 'movie' industry wants you to go out and spend a king's ransom getting a letterbox / widescreen TV. That's exactly the reason why for example, Hollywood Video does not offer any recent releases in fullscreen.

Like I said it doesn't take a genius (and God knows I'm not one...) to figure that out.

Lip

I do agree with you. But, my point is that it is NOT formatted for wide screen television at all. It is not anamorphic, like a movie dvd, so when you put this thing on wide screen it stretches the picture so that it looks crappy, as opposed to automatically adapting to fit the wider screen.

Not only are you pissed because of the bars on 4:3, but I am pissed because it isn't formatted for a wide screen TV either. Terrible.

mattcoz
04-04-2006, 11:10 PM
4:3 letterboxed? Are you serious? That's just... why? I mean... :?::mad: