PDA

View Full Version : AL Central Offseason Wrapup

kermittheefrog
01-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Interesting, I agree with most of what he says other than the fact that the Twins improvement seems real. I think Joe Mays was over his head and their offense sucks. This really is the Sox's division next year:

http://www.strikethree.com/02/01/15/jason.shtml

fuzzy_patters
01-15-2002, 02:54 PM
I had no idea Joe Crede is 42. I could have sworn he is 24. Maybe the writer is dyslexic. Could that means that he actually picked us last with the Tigers in first?

kermittheefrog
01-15-2002, 02:56 PM
lol, I noticed that too.

Fisk Fan
01-15-2002, 07:11 PM
Is Todd Ritchie little more than an innings eater like it says? Bottom line, was the trade worth it? I'm not sure if we gave up too much to get him.

delben91
01-15-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
Is Todd Ritchie little more than an innings eater like it says? Bottom line, was the trade worth it? I'm not sure if we gave up too much to get him.

I'm giving Ritchie the benefit of the doubt for now. Granted, his statistics aren't off the charts great, but you have to remember that he was pitching for the pirates last season, so those numbers should improve just by the mere fact that he changed teams. Plus, while, Lowe was solid, and Kipper could've gotten there, I don't know how much either of them would've helped the rotation this year. Weakening the bullpen hurts, but hopefully we'll get some people healthy and it'll work out. Perhaps too much pre-season optimism, but hey, why not?

Jerry_Manuel
01-15-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
I had no idea Joe Crede is 42.

By the time the Sox decide he's ready he'll be 42.

nut_stock
01-16-2002, 01:08 AM
I was suprised the article didn't mention anything about our #4 and 5 starting pitchers.

RichH55
01-16-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

By the time the Sox decide he's ready he'll be 42.

Such the obvious line and you beat me to it...bastard!

bc2k
01-20-2002, 07:40 PM
As a sox fan how could i not feel positive of this upcoming season. Our only real competition in the division is the twins. I'm guessing there is a little extra motivation to whip them good this year anyway. I predict a central division championship but a first round exit--hopefully not another sweep. The AL central division is weak this year, i think the sox will capitalize on it. I'm really looking forward to 2003.

AsInWreck
01-21-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan

His record and ERA aren't all that great the last 2 years(though anyone who posts a winning recod 2 of 3 years for the pirates can't be that bad) but his walks and hits allowed to IP ratio
has been consistently impressive, which makes me think he'll have a good chance to be an effective pitcher for the sox. I hope the young sox pitchers can push him down to 3rd or 4th starter though/if the sox offense is as good as it should be and ritchie makes 30+ starts I think he'll be good for 15 wins