PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield used HGH, testosterone from Game of Shadows

mjmcend
03-22-2006, 07:28 PM
"According to the book, Sheffield attempted to obtain "the cream" and "the clear," another designer steroid, through Anderson after Sheffield and Bonds had severed their relationship.
Anderson reportedly kept a drug calendar that documented Sheffield's use of HGH and testosterone."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2380226

Shocking, because I was sure everyone believed that he only used steroids on accident.
I wonder who else these reporters have documented proof of and what else will be uncovered when all the books and reports about this era come out.

WSox8404
03-22-2006, 07:33 PM
"According to the book, Sheffield attempted to obtain "the cream" and "the clear," another designer steroid, through Anderson after Sheffield and Bonds had severed their relationship.
Anderson reportedly kept a drug calendar that documented Sheffield's use of HGH and testosterone."

Shocking, because I was sure everyone believed that he only used steroids on accident.
I wonder who else these reporters have documented proof of and what else will be uncovered when all the books and reports about this era come out.

Don't worry. He will be voted comeback player of the year if he gets hurt and comes back like Giambi. I still get pissed off about that every time I think about it. What a ****ing joke this league is with this stuff.

Lip Man 1
03-22-2006, 07:48 PM
It's not the league. The Comeback Player Of The Year vote was conducted on-line by fans at MLB.com

I'm sure it was an embarassment to them....blame the fans, in particular Yankee fans who gave him a standing ovation when the season opened in his first at bat.

That voting was as much of a farce as the All-Star voting (gag..) :rolleyes:

Lip

soxfanatlanta
03-22-2006, 07:57 PM

I'm shocked and appalled. And people wonder why I am a cynic.

Soxfanspcu11
03-22-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm SHOCKED as well!!! This can't be true!!!

Not the guy who waves a freakin bat over his head like a tennis racquet!! Not him!!!!

Jose Canseco's credibility GROWS every day......NEVER thought I would EVER say that!:D:

itsnotrequired
03-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Jose Canseco's credibility GROWS every day......NEVER thought I would EVER say that!:D:

I think you meant to say his credibility grows every day.

:tongue:

Trav
03-23-2006, 05:48 AM
This came out when Giambi's crap leaked. For some reason no one picked up on it and now people are going to act shocked? I bet those same people are going to believe him that he didn't know what he was putting into his body.

voodoochile
03-23-2006, 07:06 AM
That's two cheaters on the Yankees...

Are they collecting them on purpose?

SBSoxFan
03-23-2006, 08:49 AM
That voting was as much of a farce as the All-Star voting (gag..) :rolleyes:

Lip
You mean the All-Star voting that got Scott Podsednik into the game???

Norberto7
03-23-2006, 08:58 AM
I think you meant to say his credibility grows every day.

:tongue:
Does this mean Sheffield's testicles are shrinking?

ondafarm
03-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Does this mean Sheffield's testicles are shrinking?

I saw Canseco interviewed last night and he was specifically asked about that side effect and Canseco said he'd never noticed any affect on his.

voodoochile
03-23-2006, 09:54 AM
I saw Canseco interviewed last night and he was specifically asked about that side effect and Canseco said he'd never noticed any affect on his.

As I understand it you have to completely over use the steroids for that effect to happen. If you do cycles, the body continues to produce testosterone. If you don't cycle down, the body stops producing it and that is what leads to the withering of the testes...

Jerko
03-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I love Giambi's quote in that article. Basically he said he can't comment because "he hasn't seen it", ("it" being the book). I guess he needs to read it to remember what he lived. Moron. Then again, if he flat-out denied it I'd be pissed too. I wish these clowns would just disappear, a la McLiar.

Ol' No. 2
03-23-2006, 10:07 AM
I saw Canseco interviewed last night and he was specifically asked about that side effect and Canseco said he'd never noticed any affect on his.That's not what his ex-wife said (no teal).

Rooney4Prez56
03-23-2006, 10:20 AM
This steroid crap is getting ridiculous. How many players are going to have to be caught before baseball collapses? How many players will have to have their HOF potential tarnished and their records questioned?

If everyone uses steroids, is it unfair?

itsnotrequired
03-23-2006, 10:26 AM
This steroid crap is getting ridiculous. How many players are going to have to be caught before baseball collapses? How many players will have to have their HOF potential tarnished and their records questioned?

If everyone uses steroids, is it unfair?

Dennis Miller: In response to what its sponsors claim is an idea whose time has come, the first All-Drug Olympics opened today in Bogota, Columbia. Athletes are allowed to take any substance whatsoever before, after, and even during the competition. So far, 115 world records have been shattered! We go now to correspondent Kevin Nealon, live in Bogota for the Weightlifting Finals. Kevin?

Kevin Nealon: Dennis, getting ready to lift now is Sergei Akmudov of the Soviet Union. His trainer has told me that he's taken antibolic steroids, Novacaine, Nyquil, Darvon, and some sort of fish paralyzer. Also, I believe he's had a few cocktails within the last hour or so. All of this is, of course, perfectly legal at the All-Drug Olympics, in fact it's encouraged. Akmudov is getting set now, he's going for a cleaning jerk of over 1500 pounds, which would triple the existing world record. That's an awful lot of weight, Dennis, and here he goes.

[ Kevin steps aside to reveal the steroid-bulked athlete bent over to lift the 1500 lbs. weight. Sergei tightens his grip on the barbells and pulls up, but instead of lifting the weights, his arms are pulled off and blood squirts ferociously out of his pulpy stubs.]

Kevin Nealon: Oh! He pulled his arms off! He's pulled his arms off, that's gotta be disappointing to the big Russian! [ Sergei's trainer wraps a towel around him ] You know, you hate to see something like this happen, Dennis! He probably doesn't have that much pain right now, but I think tomorrow he's really gonna feel that, Dennis! Back to you!

Dennis Miller: Thank you, Kevin. Very nice form on the Russian. Canada, of course, is leading that competition.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/88/88aupdate.phtml

ChiSoxRowand
03-23-2006, 02:22 PM
That's two cheaters on the Yankees...

Are they collecting them on purpose?

Don't forget Matt Lawton tested positive used when he was with the Yanks last year.

SoxSpeed22
03-23-2006, 02:24 PM
http://www.thehomerunguys.com/Animation/Made_With_THG.htm
Even though it was HGH in this case.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
I always buy my flaxseed oil at Walgreens. But that's just me. If I was a big-time ballplayer like Barroids and HGHary I'm sure I would pay Balco's prices, too.

:wink:

Madvora
03-23-2006, 08:20 PM
I can't see any reason why Sheffield is not attacked like Bonds. He seems to be a jerk, just like Bonds, and it's been mentioned numerous time how he has used some of the same illegal stuff that Bonds did, but for some reason, no one cares.

Obviously Bonds and McGwire get more attention because they were breaking records, but Giambi wasn't and he got a lot of **** for what he did. Howver, Giambi did steal an MVP from Frank.

spiffie
03-24-2006, 12:41 AM
I can't see any reason why Sheffield is not attacked like Bonds. He seems to be a jerk, just like Bonds, and it's been mentioned numerous time how he has used some of the same illegal stuff that Bonds did, but for some reason, no one cares.

Obviously Bonds and McGwire get more attention because they were breaking records, but Giambi wasn't and he got a lot of **** for what he did. Howver, Giambi did steal an MVP from Frank.
Giambi did a couple of things to get his attention.

1. Instead of being like Sheffield and just blowing it off, he gave the infamous non-apology apology speech.

2. Sheffield never had a real dip that could have been attributed to getting off drugs. Giambi on the other hand had that awful injury-riddled spell followed by the near-tanking of his career before he miraculously recovered his swing.

3. People kind of liked Giambi before all this. No one ever liked Sheffield.

Trav
03-27-2006, 07:03 AM
Giambi did a couple of things to get his attention.

1. Instead of being like Sheffield and just blowing it off, he gave the infamous non-apology apology speech.

2. Sheffield never had a real dip that could have been attributed to getting off drugs. Giambi on the other hand had that awful injury-riddled spell followed by the near-tanking of his career before he miraculously recovered his swing.

3. People kind of liked Giambi before all this. No one ever liked Sheffield.

Who said that he quit using?

Couldn't all these guys be taking HGH right now and MLB would never know because it doesn't show up in a urine sample? Am I confused here?

chaerulez
03-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Who said that he quit using?

Couldn't all these guys be taking HGH right now and MLB would never know because it doesn't show up in a urine sample? Am I confused here?

Exactly. MLB tests can't detect HGH. That's why people are sarcastically commenting on Giambi's comeback player of the year award last year. I'd say there's a 95 percent chance he just decided to roid again.

As for that moron Sheffield, is anyone really surprised? He was such a classy guy, and had a great role model in his uncle.