PDA

View Full Version : The Most Lame Cub's Fan Attempt to Annoy

ws05champs
03-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Last summer my wife and I were on our way to a Sox game. The car was all decked out with our Sox magnets and flags. My wife was driving and I was in the passenger's seat. We were waiting at the toll booth on 294 to get on to the Stevenson when the driver on our right began honking his horn. I looked and this idiot had his left leg hanging out the window. His pant leg was rolled up and he was pointing to the tatoo on his calf which said "Sox Suck." I cracked up so hard that I almost fell out of the car. By the look on this guy's face I think he expected me to take it seriously. The only thing better is if a semi would have come along and taken his leg with it.

What has been the lamest thing a cubs fan has ever done to try to annoy you?

Soxfanspcu11
03-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Breathe

EDIT- I guess breathing isin't "lame". But it could be for them

LuvSox
03-22-2006, 08:25 PM

Homeostasis

bigfoot
03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Breathe

EDIT- I guess breathing isin't "lame". But it could be for them

Fortunately for most Cub fans, breathing is NOT a conscious act!:supernana:

JohnBasedowYoda
03-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I must be different than everyone else on this board. I never get these "cub fan moments."

I count myself lucky.

JB98
03-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Summer of 2004 - I was in the grocery store, wearing a Sox jersey, shopping and minding my own damn business when an employee of the store walked up to me, pointed his finger in my chest and declared, "Sox suck."

How original.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Summer of 2004 - I was in the grocery store, wearing a Sox jersey, shopping and minding my own damn business when an employee of the store walked up to me, pointed his finger in my chest and declared, "Sox suck."

How original.

You shoulda messed up the soup cans so he'd have to face them again.

Soxfanspcu11
03-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Oh, I have another one now that I think of it.

First day of class in my Spanish class at my university. Our professor asks us in Spanish if we prefer the Sox or Cubs.

The PROPER way to answer would be, in Spanish, "I prefer the Sox" or "I prefer the Cubs"

But no, the prof. asks this one girl and instead of answering she goes, "Sox suck".

The prof. goes, "that's not what I asked". And she finally answered correctly.

But the BEST part was that after that, my friend who sits next to me YELLS, and I mean YELLS out, "Yeah we suck, that's why we won the ****ing World Series".

I thought he was going to get yelled at by the prof., but he just laughed, as did most people. I have NEVER seen someone with a redder face!!! BRILLIANT!!!

TornLabrum
03-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Last week my wife and I, wearing our matching road jackets and I wearing my World Series cap, were walking into a restaurant when a college age gentleman shouted at us, "You'd look better if they were Cubs jackets. Go Cubs." (No explanation point. There was little emotion in his voice.)

About as lame as you can get. We just chose to ignore him as the pimple on the ass of humanity that he was.

RememberDaAlomar
03-22-2006, 10:42 PM
I was walking home from the train station one day after school while wearing my Buehrle jersey, and this guy stops his car in the middle of the street, honks his horn, and holds a shirt out the window that says "Sox Suck". And this was during the ALDS!

pdimas
03-22-2006, 10:42 PM
In Tucson this past Saturday this older woman came up to us after the game and started going on about it being just an exhibition game. After some banter back and forth she starts harping about the Sox never having won back to back World Series like the Cubbies did :?: . The worst part is she kept on this point and started to shout. Her poor husband finally said ok honey and pulled her away. All we could do was laugh. Just utterly ridiculous.

Then there was the joker on the plane ride who told my buddy Nick that he would rather have the most popular team in town than win the World Series.:?:

What is wrong with these people?

JohnBasedowYoda
03-22-2006, 10:53 PM
We just chose to ignore him as the pimple on the ass of humanity that he was.

Torn, you rule. Just had to say that.

And to help explain why some of these people act this way I'm going to quote a Deep Thought by Jack Handey:

"When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, the gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "'Hey, good job.'"

You see, the Age of the Flub is coming to a close. And instead of slapping each other on the back they're lashing out with witless remarks.

itsnotrequired
03-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Last summer my wife and I were on our way to a Sox game. The car was all decked out with our Sox magnets and flags. My wife was driving and I was in the passenger's seat. We were waiting at the toll booth on 294 to get on to the Stevenson when the driver on our right began honking his horn. I looked and this idiot had his left leg hanging out the window. His pant leg was rolled up and he was pointing to the tatoo on his calf which said "Sox Suck." I cracked up so hard that I almost fell out of the car. By the look on this guy's face I think he expected me to take it seriously. The only thing better is if a semi would have come along and taken his leg with it.

Ah, the ol' leg-out-of-the-window gag. A classic! Did it get it caught in the change basket?

ChiSoxGirl
03-22-2006, 11:02 PM
We just chose to ignore him as the pimple on the ass of humanity that he was.

I. LOVE. IT! Maybe that's how I ought to refer to that teacher friend of mine who gives me grief all the time!

sullythered
03-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Last week my wife and I, wearing our matching road jackets and I wearing my World Series cap, were walking into a restaurant when a college age gentleman shouted at us, "You'd look better if they were Cubs jackets. Go Cubs." (No explanation point. There was little emotion in his voice.)

:o:

Please don't ban me.

ws05champs
03-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Ah, the ol' leg-out-of-the-window gag. A classic! Did it get it caught in the change basket?

If it did I'd pity the poor soul that would have to clean a cubs fan's leg out of the basket. Good thing there is IPAS.

pythons007
03-23-2006, 09:51 AM
The most annoying thing Cubs fans can do is PROCREATE!!

AZChiSoxFan
03-23-2006, 09:53 AM
I must be different than everyone else on this board. I never get these "cub fan moments."

I count myself lucky.

You need to spend a little more time with Hangar.

AZChiSoxFan
03-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Oh, I have another one now that I think of it.

First day of class in my Spanish class at my university. Our professor asks us in Spanish if we prefer the Sox or Cubs.

The PROPER way to answer would be, in Spanish, "I prefer the Sox" or "I prefer the Cubs"

But no, the prof. asks this one girl and instead of answering she goes, "Sox suck".

The prof. goes, "that's not what I asked". And she finally answered correctly.

But the BEST part was that after that, my friend who sits next to me YELLS, and I mean YELLS out, "Yeah we suck, that's why we won the ****ing World Series".

I thought he was going to get yelled at by the prof., but he just laughed, as did most people. I have NEVER seen someone with a redder face!!! BRILLIANT!!!

:rolling:

AZChiSoxFan
03-23-2006, 10:01 AM
In Tucson this past Saturday this older woman came up to us after the game and started going on about it being just an exhibition game. After some banter back and forth she starts harping about the Sox never having won back to back World Series like the Cubbies did :?: . The worst part is she kept on this point and started to shout. Her poor husband finally said ok honey and pulled her away. All we could do was laugh. Just utterly ridiculous.

Then there was the joker on the plane ride who told my buddy Nick that he would rather have the most popular team in town than win the World Series.:?:

Well, as "ws05champs" pointed out in another thread, you have to treat cub fans the same way you treat people with a mental illness. You can't get mad at them, you can't try to reason with them and you can't take seriously anything they say. You can only feel sorry for them and offer to get them professional help.

SBSoxFan
03-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Marry me. :wink:

Chicken Dinner
03-23-2006, 10:47 AM
The easiest way to shut up a Cub fan is to ask them their starting line-up. They don't know it or who's even on the team so they walk away.

MarySwiss
03-23-2006, 10:48 AM

How did you miss seeing the loser with the I BOO SOX license plate around her neck? She was everywhere.

SOecks
03-23-2006, 12:41 PM
The easiest way to shut up a Cub fan is to ask them their starting line-up. They don't know it or who's even on the team so they walk away.

Except for the fact that even those in the Cubbie organization don't even know their own starting lineup at this point...Walker? Perez? Hairston? Bueller? Bueller?

0o0o0
03-23-2006, 01:37 PM
i haven't actually heard much from cub fans in awhile. for some reason, they seem to be quieter these days. but i guess silence is the loudest sound.

miker
03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Well, as "ws05champs" pointed out in another thread, you have to treat cub fans the same way you treat people with a mental illness.
But many people with mental illness can be productive members of society.

I'm not sure you can say that about Cub fans.

AZChiSoxFan
03-23-2006, 07:53 PM

Yeah, great point. My apologies to mentally ill people the world over, for offending them by comparing them to cub fans.

ws05champs
03-23-2006, 07:54 PM

Even Cub fans who can't be cured by becoming Sox fans can still be productive members of society. Ever hear of soylent green? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green You could feed it to terrorists.

TheDarkGundam
03-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Even Cub fans who can't be cured by becoming Sox fans can still be productive members of society. Ever hear of soylent green? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green You could feed it to terrorists.
Yeah, but I doubt the Cub fan flavor would taste very good.

Hendu
03-23-2006, 08:25 PM
I'd say that in general the Cubs "fans" that bought Astros shirts/hats/jerseys during the World Series were the most annoying. OK, I can understand if they wanted the Astros to win and rooted for the Astros to beat us. But to actually go out and spend money on their division rival's paraphernalia is pathetic.

pdimas
03-23-2006, 11:33 PM
How did you miss seeing the loser with the I BOO SOX license plate around her neck? She was everywhere.

I saw her. You could see her coming a mile away what with the sun reflecting off of the metal plate. I thought about looking at what the plate said but decided to just ignore her and smirk :smile: .

ws05champs
03-23-2006, 11:44 PM
I'd say that in general the Cubs "fans" that bought Astros shirts/hats/jerseys during the World Series were the most annoying. OK, I can understand if they wanted the Astros to win and rooted for the Astros to beat us. But to actually go out and spend money on their division rival's paraphernalia is pathetic.

I had one of those sub-human balls of slime sitting behind me in Game 1 of the World Series. He was the most foul-mouthed freak I ever ran into at a ball game. The only reason no one went to get security was that no one wanted to leave their seat. He was with his girl friend and between the two of them their seats were worth about $8,000 on StubHub.com. How insane is that?

miker
03-24-2006, 01:24 PM
I had one of those sub-human balls of slime sitting behind me in Game 1 of the World Series. He was the most foul-mouthed freak I ever ran into at a ball game. The only reason no one went to get security was that no one wanted to leave their seat. He was with his girl friend and between the two of them their seats were worth about $8,000 on StubHub.com. How insane is that?
$8000 just to boo the White Sox? These people are sicker than I thought...:o:

Railsplitter
03-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, great point. My apologies to mentally ill people the world over, for offending them by comparing them to cub fans.

Many mental ilnesses can be staightened out with medication. Cub fans can't.

mrs. hendu
04-24-2006, 01:15 AM
A couple of years ago, I was at a school workshop and was seated next to a Cubs fan. Of course we started talking about baseball and he called the Sox "a minor league team." :o: :mad: Oh, and he lived on the south side.:rolleyes:

mrs. hendu
04-24-2006, 01:18 AM

I wish I'd been there to see that!!!! Brilliant!!!! :D: To your friend: :gulp:.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-24-2006, 03:15 AM
The most annoying thing Cubs fans can do is PROCREATE!!

http://www.topiclink.com/gameshows/images/bobbarker.jpg

Help control the Cub population. Cub fans please consider spade or neutering services. :redneck

Optipessimism
04-24-2006, 03:17 AM

Try to talk about baseball. I know more about their own team than they do just from listening to sports radio, so I feel kind of dumb having to tell a supposed 'Cub fan' how his team is doing. The worst though is when they talk about the Sox (usually around crosstown series time) and make a blanket statement like 'we'll beat the Sux because they have better pitching." Then it's like, have you even watched this team the last ten years? Kerry Wood sucks and is on the DL, Prior's always hurt, and Glendon Rush would be lucky to make the Charlotte Knights.

Basically, I just can't stand communicating with Cub fans.

Frontman
04-24-2006, 07:44 AM
I work with a number of Cubs fans. The most annoying thing was the big Cub fan, the one who I believe doesn't sleep a wink from when "Pitchers and Catchers Report" until the Cubs are eliminated was/is the most annoying. She moped around work from October until just about Christmas about how the Sox won the World Series. I'm talking sad, couldn't talk to her, couldn't talk near her, HATED the fact I was at work. (When I first started, I stated how I'm Southside, born and raised, Go SOX! to her when she was asking what I thought of the Cubs.)

Now I know the point of the thread is a one-time shot, but trust me folks, 6-8 weeks of someone on the verge of tears since her beloved losers who continue to loose, continue to make bad decisions (Nomar anyone?) and have fans that act terribly to the Sox fans, all the while claiming we're the one's with all the hate? THAT was annoying. 6-8 weeks of nothing but annoying, all annoying all the time. (And no, I do NOT work with Mike Murphy.)

And the second most annoying thing was her talking smack after the Cubs started the season better than the Sox. I just love the irony that Raphael Furcal, who the Cubs refused to spend money on, is the player who injured D. Lee. Something about poetic justice there.

(Now, I'm NOT happy D. Lee got hurt. I only root for one player in the history or sports to get hurt and his initials are BB. Figure it out for yourselves. :) )

Front

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I had what I think, was the Ultimate, STUPID CUB FAN MOMENT this weekend. I am serious when I say this ...... these 2 sheep, had to be
the absolute DUMBEST FANS Ive ever met. The whole conversation just deteriorated into madness, I dont know how I could ever begin to explain
just what happened :o: . To save on space, they basically said
we havnt been a good team, theyre better, our last WS doesnt really count, our fans havnt been to the park this year, theyve filled the park for the last 100 years, media only covers cubs because theyre more popular,
10 x as many cub fans for a reason, they have at least 10 world titles, and when I said the media is biased towards them because they OWN THEM, they laughed and said theres no way that could happen, and why would the Trib do that, theres no conspiracy, we live in the past (10th time ive heard that :angry: ) etc etc.

Viva Medias B's
04-24-2006, 09:18 AM
At the Illinois State Fair a few years ago, someone in a credit card company booth tried to get me to open up an account. I was wearing a Sox cap and shirt. When I declined to open up an account, he said "Go Cubs!"

Viva Medias B's
04-24-2006, 09:21 AM

In college, profs themselves occasionally drop F-bombs. Had your friend done it in high school, however, he probably would have been given a jug (detention).

ws05champs
04-24-2006, 10:55 AM
I had what I think, was the Ultimate, STUPID CUB FAN MOMENT this weekend. I am serious when I say this ...... these 2 sheep, had to be
the absolute DUMBEST FANS Ive ever met. The whole conversation just deteriorated into madness, I dont know how I could ever begin to explain
we havnt been a good team, theyre better, our last WS doesnt really count, our fans havnt been to the park this year, theyve filled the park for the last 100 years, media only covers cubs because theyre more popular,
10 x as many cub fans for a reason, they have at least 10 world titles, and when I said the media is biased towards them because they OWN THEM, they laughed and said theres no way that could happen, and why would the Trib do that, theres no conspiracy, we live in the past (10th time ive heard that :angry: ) etc etc.

Sounds like you went through some form of torture the CIA might use at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. These people should be reported to the United Nations for human rights violations.

ChiWavDave
04-24-2006, 11:28 AM
I work with a number of Cubs fans. The most annoying thing was the big Cub fan, the one who I believe doesn't sleep a wink from when "Pitchers and Catchers Report" until the Cubs are eliminated was/is the most annoying. She moped around work from October until just about Christmas about how the Sox won the World Series. I'm talking sad, couldn't talk to her, couldn't talk near her, HATED the fact I was at work. (When I first started, I stated how I'm Southside, born and raised, Go SOX! to her when she was asking what I thought of the Cubs.)

Now I know the point of the thread is a one-time shot, but trust me folks, 6-8 weeks of someone on the verge of tears since her beloved losers who continue to loose, continue to make bad decisions (Nomar anyone?) and have fans that act terribly to the Sox fans, all the while claiming we're the one's with all the hate? THAT was annoying. 6-8 weeks of nothing but annoying, all annoying all the time. (And no, I do NOT work with Mike Murphy.)

And the second most annoying thing was her talking smack after the Cubs started the season better than the Sox. I just love the irony that Raphael Furcal, who the Cubs refused to spend money on, is the player who injured D. Lee. Something about poetic justice there.

(Now, I'm NOT happy D. Lee got hurt. I only root for one player in the history or sports to get hurt and his initials are BB. Figure it out for yourselves. :) )

Front

I'm sorry.... But hasn't Brett Butler been through enough with the cancer and all. And your rooting for him to get hurt... Classy.... Very Classy...

soxfan13
04-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Not really annoying but funny, I think. The neighborhood bar that I hang out at is owned by a huge Cub fan. The bar is mixed with fans, not predominate to either team. So, last year during the whole season the owner and I would go back and forth arguing Sox and Cubs (in a fun way). I had the last word, when the Sox won the World Series!!!! So, a couple of weeks ago I am sitting in the bar and noticed he had the big Cubs schedule on the wall and not the Sox. He had the Sox up on the wall last year (which he ripped down when I was in Houston) So I asked him, "didnt you get the Sox schedule to put on the wall yet". He said, "he did have it but wasnt putting it up this year." I asked him why, and he said "to annoy you". Again I asked him why, and he said" "its a little pay back for last year during the playoffs when you would come in and tape the back page of the Sun-Times to the wall after every Sox win so I would see it when I came in later in the nite":D:

North Sox Sider
04-24-2006, 12:41 PM
You know what the best response you can give to any Cub fans who puts the Sox down is, "what ever makes you feel better." I just smile and say those lines and it drives them crazy. There is not one possible thing that they can say to us Sox fans to get us down. The best part is now with this fast start, it must make them feel even worse. I almost want to pity them but I still dont like cub fans whatsoever.

scottjanssens
04-24-2006, 12:43 PM
You know what the best response you can give to any Cub fans who puts the Sox down is, "what ever makes you feel better." I just smile and say those lines and it drives them crazy. There is not one possible thing that they can say to us Sox fans to get us down. The best part is now with this fast start, it must make them feel even worse. I almost want to pity them but I still dont like cub fans whatsoever.

Later this year I just plan on showing them my authentic World Series ring.

mrs. hendu
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM

Yeah, the ultimate... WS doesn't count? Oh, so that's how those morons are coping with our win, by saying it doesn't count. :rolleyes:

viagracat
04-24-2006, 01:11 PM

Wow.

viagracat
04-24-2006, 01:16 PM
I just bask in the knowledge of knowing as a Sox fan, I am right and they are wrong. Nothing they do or say bothers me, and I've heard it all before anyway. It's good to be king. End of story.:smile: :gulp:

PS: That's the second time I've used "It's good to be king" in a post today. Might be my new sig...:smile:

Frontman
04-24-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry.... But hasn't Brett Butler been through enough with the cancer and all. And your rooting for him to get hurt... Classy.... Very Classy...

Now now, I never said Brett. I wish him the best of health and all. Sarcasm aside, I was raised never to wish a player get hurt (ok, except in football, and more of the philosophy of "knock him out for a play or two.") but Barry Bonds would be a perfect fit for the Cubs, save the fact he'd catch Ruth and Aaron hitting at Wrigley.

Now, if someone would bounce a 97mph fastball off of Bonds arm guard, hard enough to have it pop up and confuse umpires into calling the infield fly rule, I wouldn't be upset.....

FielderJones
04-24-2006, 11:59 PM
In Tucson this past Saturday this older woman came up to us after the game and started going on about it being just an exhibition game. After some banter back and forth she starts harping about the Sox never having won back to back World Series like the Cubbies did. The worst part is she kept on this point and started to shout.

Snappy comeback #1: "Did you see those series with your grade school friends?"