PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket mixed up

OzzyTrain
03-22-2006, 06:01 PM
I'll make it short, I got the doube play plan but for some reason they gave me game 2, why is this. I'm making some phone calls, I have the schedual and it says game 1 was included.

OzzyTrain
03-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Well I just looked, and for some reason the wrong plan was ordered.

bnlfanmatt
03-22-2006, 08:01 PM
When I ordered double play (Sat-Sun games) plan back in September or so, it was the second game of the opening series that was included. I don't know if they changed it, but yeah, seems weird now that the package that consists of sat-sun games doesn't have sunday opening day, and instead there is a weekday game.

chisoxfanatic
03-22-2006, 08:04 PM
When I ordered double play (Sat-Sun games) plan back in September or so, it was the second game of the opening series that was included. I don't know if they changed it, but yeah, seems weird now that the package that consists of sat-sun games doesn't have sunday opening day, and instead there is a weekday game.

The only reason for this is that the gametime of Opening Day was switched from Monday afternoon to Sunday night AFTER the Sox put out the schedules for the Hit & Run and Double Play plans. They already promised Hit & Run season ticket plan holders Opening Day, so they couldn't go back on their word just because of the change of game time. That would not be right on their part.

Beer Can Chicken
03-22-2006, 08:08 PM
IIRC, OD was originally on a weekday and was included in the Hit and Run plan, then OD was moved to Sunday night. For whatever reason, the SOX chose to keep OD in the Hit and Run plan.

bnlfanmatt
03-23-2006, 03:43 AM
Oh, don't worry, I know perfectly why it happened. It just seems strange now that a weekend game isn't included in the weekend package. But I was still able to get one ticket (and only one) for opening night on early presale! :bandance:

ewokpelts
03-23-2006, 08:57 AM
game # 2 was ALWAYS INCLUDED IN THE DOUBLE PLAY PACKAGE.
Opening day was included in the weekday pack(since double play gets 2 cub games).

Gene

bnlfanmatt
03-24-2006, 03:05 AM
game # 2 was ALWAYS INCLUDED IN THE DOUBLE PLAY PACKAGE.

I agree that it was in the package, at least from September when I bought it. The original poster said opening day was in the double play.

I just added on, in many words, that now it seems weird, due to the switch from weekday to weekend.

ewokpelts
03-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I agree that it was in the package, at least from September when I bought it. The original poster said opening day was in the double play.

I just added on, in many words, that now it seems weird, due to the switch from weekday to weekend.i asked the very day they announced the espn sunday night game....i was told it wasnt fair to the hit and run people to lose thier openeing day tix...sides, we get 2 cubs games, and lucked out witha world series rematch....
Gene

jake5824
03-24-2006, 10:00 AM
for someone that uses a white sox message board you are really out of the loop. It was known for awhile that Sunday opening day was going to be in the hit and run plan.