PDA

View Full Version : Hawk & DJ Exchange of the Day 03/22

EastCoastSoxFan
03-22-2006, 03:43 PM
DJ: "If you're a lefty pitcher and you CAN'T make it in the big leagues..."
Hawk: "You had to just suck."

miker
03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
It's a shame they can't simulcast them on the radio...

Baby Fisk
03-22-2006, 03:48 PM
It would be great if this could be a continuing series throughout the year. :cool:

DumpJerry
03-22-2006, 03:48 PM
awwwww............they finish each others' sentences. How nice.:smile:

SweetnesSox
03-22-2006, 05:49 PM
These guys get ragged on a lot in these forums (or maybe it just seems that way) but I think they're a blast.

sox84
03-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I just wish I could see and hear them more often. No comcast on our cable in Jacksonville IL, but we are in the local blackout area for MLB TV. Have to settle for the games WGN carries. (sigh):?:

WSox8404
03-22-2006, 07:26 PM
It's a shame they can't simulcast them on the radio...

I couldn't stand them at first and I know they couldn't stand each other. Well at least Hawk couldn't stand DJ, but now they get along well and are quite funny together.

Chisox003
03-22-2006, 07:28 PM
These guys get ragged on a lot in these forums (or maybe it just seems that way) but I think they're a blast.
Every year I like them more and more.

I guess you kind of need a stupid sense of humor (which I have) for a lot of the stuff they say, but some of it is just flat out funny.

I display my Hawk and DJ bobblehead proudly :gulp:

WSox8404
03-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Every year I like them more and more.

I guess you kind of need a stupid sense of humor (which I have) for a lot of the stuff they say, but some of it is just flat out funny.

I display my Hawk and DJ bobblehead proudly :gulp:

Well the thing is is that they didn't get along well in the beginning. That led to some pretty bad broadcasts. DJ didn't have a clue what to do when he started. I am just hoping this is the same with Farmio and Chris. I hope that in a few years they will become like Hawk and DJ.

Lip Man 1
03-22-2006, 07:41 PM
With respect to his supporters, Darrin Jackson doesn't deserve to be within a mile of a professional broadcasting booth.

Uh-Oh!

:rolleyes:

Lip

soxfan26
03-22-2006, 07:42 PM
It would be great if this could be a continuing series throughout the year. :cool:

I second the motion! :thumbsup:

Brian26
03-22-2006, 08:40 PM
With respect to his supporters, Darrin Jackson doesn't deserve to be within a mile of a professional broadcasting booth.

There was a time when I would have agreed with you, but DJ has come a long way. I think he really blossomed last year when Hawk was gone and he had to take the lead with Don Paul and Ventura doing color.

SOecks
03-22-2006, 08:47 PM
They are at their best when DJ has his "I don't give a ****" attitude and says funny and strange things to Hawk. He can be really funny when he just doesn't care. I love it when he gets Hawk puzzled or angry. Great TV.

Lip Man 1
03-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Brian:

So are you saying that instead of being atrocious he's now just awful?

LOL

Lip

EastCoastSoxFan
03-23-2006, 09:07 AM
I second the motion! :thumbsup:
Well, they don't necessarily come out with something that good every game, but I just couldn't resist. I mean, come on -- how often do you actually hear an announcer use the word "suck" in a live broadcast (and mean it)...?

PatK
03-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Their best one last season was when someone sent an e-mail to Hawk saying something like "Sometimes people say "you need to strap it up" and other times "you need to strap it down". Which one is it?"

DJ replied "Just as long as you aren't strapping it on".

miker
03-23-2006, 01:35 PM
But that's his charm...and its also a good summary of many other MLB broadcast teams as well.

MsSoxVixen22
03-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey...I'll gladly take Hawk and DJ over Santo any day of the week! At least we don't have to worry about either one of them drooling during the broadcast! At least not yet! :redneck

34 Inch Stick
03-23-2006, 02:55 PM
DJ: "If you're a lefty pitcher and you CAN'T make it in the big leagues..."
Hawk: "You had to just suck."

Funny, I heard one of the Sox lefthanded pitchers saying the same thing about White Sox TV and radio announcers.

ode to veeck
03-23-2006, 03:13 PM

Uh-Oh!

:rolleyes:

Lip

he's sooooooo bad .... he makes hawk look good!

SweetnesSox
03-24-2006, 12:19 AM

That's pretty harsh. Did you not ever listen to Chip Caray? There's worse people out there to be broadcasters. DJ is a great, nice guy, and he brings outthe personality of everyone around him (see: guest color commentators last year when Hawk had surgery). Maybe it's just cause I'm not oldskool, but I like a fun, crazy color guy. There's a lot of guys who are just cold and abrasive.

Mercy!
03-24-2006, 12:32 AM

Lip - You say this exact same thing every time Jackson's name comes up. How about a little elaboration of what you think makes him so horrible, bearing in mind the personality of his partner in the booth.

And who's working in TV color or play-by-play right now who you especially like?

Thanks.

tick53
03-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Lip - You say this exact same thing every time Jackson's name comes up. How about a little elaboration of what you think makes him so horrible, bearing in mind the personality of his partner in the booth.

And who's working in TV color or play-by-play right now who you especially like?

Thanks.

Let me jump in, I thought Wimpy was light years ahead of DJ.

Mercy!
03-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Let me jump in, I thought Wimpy was light years ahead of DJ.

Yes, but time passes, people move on never to return, and so must we turn the page.