PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable sox games?

WizardsofOzzie
03-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Is there anywhere online where you can buy or download past games? Specifically i was looking for the game between the dodgers and sox on june 18th of this last season where AJ hit a walkoff hr to win it. I was there and wanted to watch it again.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-21-2006, 11:42 PM
when you got mlb.tv you used to be able to watch old games I believe. Not sure if it's still like that

Chisox003
03-21-2006, 11:49 PM
when you got mlb.tv you used to be able to watch old games I believe. Not sure if it's still like that
Yes, you can. You can go back as far as 2004 I think.

MLB TV is a blessing. If you love watching baseball, I'd recommend it to all.

chisoxfanatic
03-21-2006, 11:53 PM
You may also download games at Whitesox.com and burn them on to a DVD for a small fee of $3.99 per game, IIRC.

WhteSox725
03-22-2006, 08:19 AM
You may also download games at Whitesox.com and burn them on to a DVD for a small fee of $3.99 per game, IIRC.

How is the quality of the games?

I'm looking for the first game of the ALDS. That game is the only postseason game I don't have. I had the original broadcast on tape but somehow taped over it for another game. I recorded the game off Comcast in December but I don't care for the quality.

russ99
03-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes, you can. You can go back as far as 2004 I think.

MLB TV is a blessing. If you love watching baseball, I'd recommend it to all.

MLB TV rocks! The only problem is that you can't watch current Sox games until noon the next day.

You can also buy digital downloads of games from MLB.com, but forget about if if you don't have a Windows XP PC. I don't think you can burn the video to DVD since they use the Windows Media DRM.

Mac users like me are left out in the cold by Gates' monopolistic video security practices. Hopefully Apple will get something going with MLB through the iTunes video store soon.