PDA

View Full Version : Green Seats

SoxFan76
03-21-2006, 02:52 AM
My cousin is in construction and is actually redoing Reinsdorf's and KW's suites. I asked him about the green seats, he says they have installed all the green seats they currently have ordered. It's not that they couldn't finish all of them, it's that they've finished as many as they've had ordered.

IlliniSox4Life
03-21-2006, 03:34 AM
Michael: "I must've put a decimal point in the wrong place or something. ****, I always do that. I always mess up some mundane detail."
Peter: "Oh! Well, this is not a mundane detail, Michael!"
Michael: "Hey, quit getting pissed at me. Alright? This was all your idea, *******!"
Peter: "Alright, okay, alright, let's try not to get pissed off at each other. Alright? Let's just calm down, let's try to figure this thing out together."

ilsox7
03-21-2006, 04:20 AM
My cousin is in construction and is actually redoing Reinsdorf's and KW's suites. I asked him about the green seats, he says they have installed all the green seats they currently have ordered. It's not that they couldn't finish all of them, it's that they've finished as many as they've had ordered.

Even if they had ordered seats for the entire park, they would not have been able to install all of them b/c they could not start work until October 27, 2005. So it really had nothing to do with what was ordered, rather the time frame and weather needed to install all of them given the work crew's size.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Everyone duck - when Hangar sees this and realizes that according to the above the Sox didn't order enough....

Blob
03-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Wait for it....:rolleyes:

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Even if they had ordered seats for the entire park, they would not have been able to install all of them b/c they could not start work until October 27, 2005. So it really had nothing to do with what was ordered, rather the time frame and weather needed to install all of them given the work crew's size.

Weather scmeather. They knew it was cold out in winter. How did they get the Fan Deck and PlayPen done? In WINTER was when it was done.
I think we finally have our Smoking Gun. The SOX never intended on getting them all done this year. So it really will be Green Seats in 2008

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Even if they had ordered seats for the entire park, they would not have been able to install all of them b/c they could not start work until October 27, 2005..

The Cardinals couldnt finish work on their stadium ......because they were too busy playing in the NLCS themselves .......

Chez
03-21-2006, 10:13 AM

Huh? Five months seems like plenty of time to switch out the seats if you (a) order enough seats (seems like it would be pretty easy to do) and (b) hire enough workers. The weather? Hasn't really snowed much since December. I'm with Hangar on this one. The work should be done.

Rocky Soprano
03-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Weather scmeather. They knew it was cold out in winter. How did they get the Fan Deck and PlayPen done? In WINTER was when it was done.
I think we finally have our Smoking Gun. The SOX never intended on getting them all done this year. So it really will be Green Seats in 2008

And this is so serious because?
You act like the damn seats are going to affect the team's play.

You need to switch to decaf.

GregoryEtc
03-21-2006, 10:42 AM

He's built 20,000 seats himself in his back yard out of tinfoil and green pipe cleaners. He's building an "exact" stadium replica that he'll call the "other" Cell. If he can do it, why can't the Sox?

TomBradley72
03-21-2006, 10:50 AM

Is it serious? No.

Does it come across as poor project planning and penny pinching? Yes.

Does the mix of blue and green seats look bush league? Yes.

Has every other team that ever did this type of conversion for their stadium get this done in a single off season (vs. three for the White Sox)? Yes.

Will it effect their play on the field? No.

Sad
03-21-2006, 10:53 AM

ayup-
this has been one of the most mildest-weather winters in the history of aforementioned mild-weathered winters :redneck

Rocky Soprano
03-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Is it serious? No.

Has every other team that ever did this type of conversion for their stadium get this done in a single off season (vs. three for the White Sox)? Yes.

Penny Pinching? With the payroll at 95MM!

No it won't effect their play, that's all that should matter.
So they'll finish the job later that most would like, is that really a reason to complain?

Some people are NEVER happy.

The Sox are World Champs last time I checked.

Luke
03-21-2006, 11:24 AM
A few things on the replacement:

From past construction experience I can tell you they probably ordered all the seats, but only planned on taking delivery of some. My guess is that they planned for delays since it's kind of hard to find a place to store 20,000 new, expensive seats, should they fall behind and not finish on time.

Also, I thought this was IFSA work, is that right? I think this falls under "maintenence" and not "renovations." My point being that if it's maintenence, they have to deal with their budget. They just may not have had the money to have a bigger crew.

Lastly, a bigger crew doesn't always mean more productivity. There's a very hard to find point when crew size starts to negatively effect productivity.

My long winded point is that given certain parameters, and constraints, it's just not possible to get all the work done in a set amount of time.

voodoochile
03-21-2006, 11:28 AM
I am getting a total kick out of this thread. It's not enough that the Sox gave in to the fans and actually ordered the green seats. They had to get them done on those same fan's timetable or still get ripped for it...:rolleyes:

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Is it serious? No.

What he just said. The title of this thread is GREEN SEATS. My surmising that the SOX excuses for not getting the seats done in team doesnt hold water. If the title of this thread was ..........................
WILL UNFINISHED GREEN SEATS HAMPER SOX IN 06?, Rockys answer would be legitimate.

Rocky Soprano
03-21-2006, 11:32 AM
What he just said. The title of this thread is GREEN SEATS. My surmising that the SOX excuses for not getting the seats done in team doesnt hold water. If the title of this thread was ..........................
WILL UNFINISHED GREEN SEATS HAMPER SOX IN 06?, Rockys answer would be legitimate.

I still dont understand how the color of my seat is so important that we need to bitch about.

So they goofed, let's all pull our panties out of our cracks and look at the bigger picture.

ChiSoxGirl
03-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Let's take a step back and be realistic here. Would you rather the Sox have dropped the ball on the installation of green seats or during the month of October when it mattered so much more??? That's what I thought.

I understand why people are upset about this. Would I rather they finished the installation of the seats, particularly during one of the mildest Chicago winters in years? Of course; it would've been much more aesthetically pleasing had all the seats matched on April 2. But the fact of the matter is that ballpark is going to filled more often than not, so the colors of the seats are irrelevant because we won't see many of them.

Rocky Soprano
03-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Let's take a step back and be realistic here. Would you rather the Sox have dropped the ball on the installation of green seats or during the month of October when it mattered so much more??? That's what I thought.

I understand why people are upset about this. Would I rather they finished the installation of the seats, particularly during one of the mildest Chicago winters in years? Of course; it would've been much more aesthetically pleasing had all the seats matched on April 2. But the fact of the matter is that ballpark is going to filled more often than not, so the colors of the seats are irrelevant because we won't see many of them.

:thumbsup: Very well said.

ChiSoxGirl
03-21-2006, 11:45 AM
:thumbsup: Very well said.

Thanks. :smile:

Luke
03-21-2006, 12:02 PM
If you would have asked me this time last year, I'd have said put in pink, purple, orange, yellow and brown seats as long as they win The Series.

Chez
03-21-2006, 12:06 PM

Agreed. And I don't think people are "upset" (at least I'm not). I wish it was complete and don't really see why it's not. But it's low on my totem poll of concerns.

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 12:18 PM
So they goofed, let's all pull our panties out of our cracks and look at the bigger picture.

I guess thats the point. The SOX should admit they GOOFED planning the seat installation (Might as well admit they GOOFED on John Rooney too)
and stop saying it was the Unually Brutal Chicago Winter that has caused the SOX to take 4 seasons to install seats.

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Let's take a step back and be realistic here. Would you rather the Sox have dropped the ball on the installation of green seats or during the month of October when it mattered so much more???

The installation of Green Seats had nothing to do with the Play of the team in October (we better hope the two werent related)

anewman35
03-21-2006, 12:24 PM
I guess thats the point. The SOX should admit they GOOFED planning the seat installation (Might as well admit they GOOFED on John Rooney too)
and stop saying it was the Unually Brutal Chicago Winter that has caused the SOX to take 4 seasons to install seats.

Hangar, you of all people should realize what an insanely stupid idea that is. You hate when the media rips on the Sox, right? What kind of reaction would a press release entitled "White Sox admit they lied to fans and made mistakes regarding radio broadcasts and green seats" get? It would be all anybody would talk about for months and be the worst PR move in the history of baseball. Do you want all of Chicago talking about this, or just the 1% of people (mostly here) who realize and care?

anewman35
03-21-2006, 12:28 PM

Hangar, you should admit you GOOFED when you said that it took "4 seasons to install seats". They did some seats last year. That's one season. More seats this year. That's two seasons. They'll finish next year. That's 3 seasons.

You know what really annoys me? People complain when the team isn't forthcoming with information and doesn't announce things early (like, say, the smoking policy or cash parking lots of whatever). And then when the team does come out and say something, and then changes it's mind (which happens, it's life), they get blasted for that, too. People are never happy.

TheOldRoman
03-21-2006, 12:28 PM
:rolleyes:
Once again, you are insane. Why do you spend so much time on a website for a team you hate so much?
You hate the White Sox with a passion. You hate several of the players, you hate the park, and you hate the management. You are on a non-stop quest to prove the Sox suck - they are cheap and stupid, KW gets all the wrong players, should have kept Lee, should have kept Maggs, park should have been different, etc. Even though you portray the Sox as the worst organization in the history of professional sports, you still expect the media to treat the Sox like they are the greatest team/biggest attraction of all time.

I think the essence of your being is your deep hatred and obsession with the Cubs. You hate the Sox, but you root for them just because they arent the Cubs. I honestly believe that if a 3rd team moved into Chicago, you would immediately start rooting for them. The Sox did not GOOF. Give it up.

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 12:32 PM
:rolleyes:
Once again, you are insane. Why do you spend so much time on a website for a team you hate so much?
I honestly believe that if a 3rd team moved into Chicago, you would immediately start rooting for them. The Sox did not GOOF. Give it up.

are you kidding me?:o:

TheOldRoman
03-21-2006, 12:35 PM
No, I'm not kidding. All of your posts (the roughly 40% that aren't about the Cubs) are about telling us how much the Sox suck, how much they goofed, how their policies are horrible, how they are so cheap, they are a laughingstock of the MLB, and so on. All you ever do is tear the Sox to shreds. I don't see why you root for them if you hate them so much.

anewman35
03-21-2006, 12:36 PM

He has a point. You hate how the media treats the Sox, and then you treat them just as badly. If you're never going to give the Sox the benefit of the doubt, ever, then how can you complain when the media doesn't?

Rocky Soprano
03-21-2006, 12:38 PM
No, I'm not kidding. All of your posts (the roughly 40% that aren't about the Cubs) are about telling us how much the Sox suck, how much they goofed, how their policies are horrible, how they are so cheap, they are a laughingstock of the MLB, and so on. All you ever do is tear the Sox to shreds. I don't see why you root for them if you hate them so much.

I completely agree.
Me and Hangar have discussed this before.
I really dont understand how you claim to be a Sox fan, but NEVER have I seen you make one single positive post.

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 12:40 PM
What kind of reaction would a press release entitled "White Sox admit they lied to fans and made mistakes regarding radio broadcasts and green seats" get? It would be all anybody would talk about for months and be the worst PR move in the history of baseball. Do you want all of Chicago talking about this, or just the 1% of people (mostly here) who realize and care?

So I take it your ok with the SOX telling you it was the Unusually Brutal Cold Chicago Winter that caused the seats to not be installed? We just discovered (if it can be corroborated) that the SOX never ordered all the seats anyway ...........there was no way ALL the seats were going to be installed if they didnt have all of them to put in. But the Brutally Cold Winter was instead what we were told. Sox fans are a little smarter than that, and a big reason why the 1% people who are talking about it (Us) are doing just that and arent buying that excuse. (Cub fans? they wouldve bought this hook line and sinker hahahahahaahahahahahaha)

I know that a majority of SOX fans would respect the SOX if they just came out and admitted Goofing up on the seat deal (No, not coming out and saying they blatantly lied to us) and they'll get it right next year hopefully.

Rocky Soprano
03-21-2006, 12:45 PM
So I take it your ok with the SOX telling you it was the Unusually Brutal Cold Chicago Winter that caused the seats to not be installed? We just discovered (if it can be corroborated) that the SOX never ordered all the seats anyway ...........there was no way ALL the seats were going to be installed if they didnt have all of them to put in. But the Brutally Cold Winter was instead what we were told. Sox fans are a little smarter than that, and a big reason why the 1% people who are talking about it (Us) are doing just that and arent buying that excuse. (Cub fans? they wouldve bought this hook line and sinker hahahahahaahahahahahaha)

I know that a majority of SOX fans would respect the SOX if they just came out and admitted Goofing up on the seat deal (No, not coming out and saying they blatantly lied to us) and they'll get it right next year hopefully.

Please Please Please explain why the color of your seat is such a big issue?

You truly sound like a CUB fan when you worry more about your sorroundings and the park instead of the product on the field.

Trav
03-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Why does it have to be one way or the other? How come it can't be okay to root for the Sox and to want the stadium to look good? The reason why people are so pissed off is that since the day JR decided that Comiskey was too old and cooked up some reports on the place falling apart people slowly found out that he was lying. Now, JR built his perfect stadium in the mold of Kauffman Stadium. Blue seats and all. Since the blue seats looked terrible to most, they complained about it. Finally the Sox said they were going to change it. Well if I am not mistaken, they said it would be done last year when the team was on the road. How come that didn't happen? Has anyone heard their excuse for not doing it then?
There isn't anything wrong with complaining about the stadium that your favorite team plays at. People in Cleveland love their stadium. Why can't we?
And I can't speak for Hanger but I can speak for me. I hate the Chicago media and it isn't because they do negative articles on the Sox. It is because they don't do honest stories about the Sox or the cubs for that matter. All I want is some journalistic integrity. I assume that the followers of the media watch all feel the same way. So if the Sox come out and say we goofed an the media picks up on this and tears them apart, I won't be crying about it. They should rip apart the cubs as well for lying about their park.

Rocky Soprano
03-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Why does it have to be one way or the other? How come it can't be okay to root for the Sox and to want the stadium to look good? The reason why people are so pissed off is that since the day JR decided that Comiskey was too old and cooked up some reports on the place falling apart people slowly found out that he was lying. Now, JR built his perfect stadium in the mold of Kauffman Stadium. Blue seats and all. Since the blue seats looked terrible to most, they complained about it. Finally the Sox said they were going to change it. Well if I am not mistaken, they said it would be done last year when the team was on the road. How come that didn't happen? Has anyone heard their excuse for not doing it then?
There isn't anything wrong with complaining about the stadium that your favorite team plays at. People in Cleveland love their stadium. Why can't we?
And I can't speak for Hanger but I can speak for me. I hate the Chicago media and it isn't because they do negative articles on the Sox. It is because they don't do honest stories about the Sox or the cubs for that matter. All I want is some journalistic integrity. I assume that the followers of the media watch all feel the same way. So if the Sox come out and say we goofed an the media picks up on this and tears them apart, I won't be crying about it. They should rip apart the cubs as well for lying about their park.

No one said you can't have both. We all want the park to look great.

The green seats will be late, but they will get done. So why is that such a big issue? A big issue would be: The Sox not resigning Konerko because they submitted their offer to late and then saying they will just spend that money on a big name the next year.

The seats dont effect the players and the park looks great already. PERIOD.

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Please Please Please explain why the color of your seat is such a big issue?

You truly sound like a CUB fan when you worry more about your sorroundings and the park instead of the product on the field.

This reminds me of something a cub fan said to me last nite at the DePaul game, but thats another thread. Please explain why you think I started this thread. I didnt. I simply commented, rather plainly I might add, that the SOX dropped the ball on the seats. Im not giving them a free pass just because. At the same time, im not going to give my season tickets back over this (OldRoman is convinced I already cancelled im sure heh heh). the SOX dropped the ball not once but twice with this, and I simply am a bit insulted theyre trying to tell me it was the Brutally Cold Winter that is to blame. Most SOX fans dont believe the Winter was the reason.
I hope ....
I rip the seats, not the team

Rocky Soprano
03-21-2006, 01:02 PM
This reminds me of something a cub fan said to me last nite at the DePaul game, but thats another thread. Please explain why you think I started this thread. I didnt. I simply commented, rather plainly I might add, that the SOX dropped the ball on the seats. Im not giving them a free pass just because. At the same time, im not going to give my season tickets back over this (OldRoman is convinced I already cancelled im sure heh heh). the SOX dropped the ball not once but twice with this, and I simply am a bit insulted theyre trying to tell me it was the Brutally Cold Winter that is to blame. Most SOX fans dont believe the Winter was the reason.
I hope ....
I rip the seats, not the team

I know you didnt start this thread. But you are complaining about the seats not being finished.

If it was due to weather, due to the Sox playing all of October, whatever else. I still dont see why its such a big reason.

They will get done and the Sox are champs. Why not be happy for once?

Trav
03-21-2006, 01:04 PM
No one said you can't have both. We all want the park to look great.

The green seats will be late, but they will get done. So why is that such a big issue? A big issue would be: The Sox not resigning Konerko because they submitted their offer to late and then saying they will just spend that money on a big name the next year.

The seats dont effect the players and the park looks great already. PERIOD.

Has anyone compared the product on the field to the product that is the field (stadium)? I think that everyone agrees with you that re-signing Konerko was bigger deal than half the seats being green. It isn't even in the same ballpark.

sorry for the play on words.

Rocky Soprano
03-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Has anyone compared the product on the field to the product that is the field (stadium)? I think that everyone agrees with you that re-signing Konerko was bigger deal than half the seats being green. It isn't even in the same ballpark.

sorry for the play on words.

I didn't say anyone compared it. All I said was that was an example of a big deal and I would understand people complaining.

I just don't understand what the big deal is that not all the seats will be green.

champagne030
03-21-2006, 01:49 PM
I just don't understand what the big deal is that not all the seats will be green.

I don't consider it a big deal, but the majority of people will think that green and blue seats mixing in the lower deck is bush and looks like ****. I'm not going to bitch and moan about it forever, but I'll know the Sox dropped the ball (either in the installation or being upfront with the fans about a timeline) and move along.

Trav
03-21-2006, 01:50 PM
I didn't say anyone compared it. All I said was that was an example of a big deal and I would understand people complaining.

Well like I said, it isn't a big deal it terms of what players we have but there is no harm in wanting a better looking park. Most agree that the blue seats were ugly. Now it's just a matter of being skeptical of their excuses for not getting it done.

sullythered
03-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Meh...
It's gonna be hard to tell the color of the seats with so many butts in 'em this year anyway.

AZChiSoxFan
03-21-2006, 02:03 PM
So it really will be Green Seats in 2008

:tealpolice:

What makes you think it will happen that soon?

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 02:05 PM
I know you didnt start this thread. But you are complaining about the seats not being finished.

If it was due to weather, due to the Sox playing all of October, whatever else. I still dont see why its such a big reason.

They will get done and the Sox are champs. Why not be happy for once?

aarrrggghhh. I am happy we won. I never said I wasnt happy. I just am insulted the SOX say the Cold Winter was a factor with the seats not being done when we know better. We just happen to be talking about this in a thread someone started about ...........Green Seats.

anewman35
03-21-2006, 02:07 PM
I don't consider it a big deal, but the majority of people will think that green and blue seats mixing in the lower deck is bush and looks like ****. I'm not going to bitch and moan about it forever, but I'll know the Sox dropped the ball (either in the installation or being upfront with the fans about a timeline) and move along.

There were two different colors of seats in the lower deck last year, too. I didn't see too many people complaining about it - seems like people were more interested in the winning baseball team.

AZChiSoxFan
03-21-2006, 02:07 PM
They'll finish next year.

What makes you so sure of that? Maybe next winter will be another harsh one in Chicago.

anewman35
03-21-2006, 02:09 PM

I think it's amazingly funny that you don't believe a word the Sox say, but if somebody just posts a completly unverified rumor, it's OBVIOUSLY true.

Look, maybe green seats are the most important thing in the world to you, but I promise you that 99% of people don't care. Anything the Sox did to "come out and admit goofing up" would only backfire. Do you WANT to hand Cubs fans another thing to say about us?

TheOldRoman
03-21-2006, 02:13 PM
I never said Sox fans can't want the park to look great. We all do.
If you can find any evidence that Comiskey Park was not doomed, please share it. Please tell me where you discovered Reinsdorf was lying about the condition of the park. The truth is, it was 80 ****ing years old! For the majority of its existence, ownership was dirt poor, so they didn't spend as much as they should have on upkeep. When structural concrete starts to go, there is no saving it. Whether or not you liked the design of Comiskey II, a new park had to be built. There was no saving the baseball palace.

As for Hangar, his whole purpose in life is to complain. He wants badly to prove the Sox wrong, to discover they are lying, that they "dropped the ball", and such. Who else takes such joy in tearing the Soc to shreds? Who has to be the first to chime in "the SOX really GOOFED. They are a horrible organization. They messed up with Rooney, they messed up with the seats, they messed up with personel, they messed up the design of the park, fundamentals is horrible, etc." He apparently spends his whole life looking for ways to say the organization looks bad. I can understand someone being a dark cloud, because some people are just pessimistic. However, Hangar goes above and beyond being a dark cloud. He doesn't just think his team is doomed to lose, he thinks they are going to make every mistake possible. He makes mountains out of mole hills in attempts to show the Sox really ****ed up BIG TIME. He then points things out such as "I told you they were wrong. They made their bed, now they have to lie in it" in an attempt to make himself look smarter on this board.

AZChiSoxFan
03-21-2006, 02:14 PM
I think it's amazingly funny that you don't believe a word the Sox say, but if somebody just posts a completly unverified rumor, it's OBVIOUSLY true.

It's only true if the person who posts it gets the info by eavesdropping on a KW conversation in the baggage claim area.

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 02:16 PM

Look, maybe green seats are the most important thing in the world to you, but I promise you that 99% of people don't care. Anything the Sox did to "come out and admit goofing up" would only backfire. Do you WANT to hand Cubs fans another thing to say about us?

99% of people dont care? theres been 48 posts so far on the subject with 556 views ........I think people are very interested in the subject if you ask me. Also, in my post regarding the SOX only ordering a set number of seats, I said "If it can be corroborated". The SOX say it was an unusually Harsh winter. I dont believe them. I didnt care one way or the other about the Green Seats .........but once I saw them, wow, they look great.

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 02:19 PM
If you can find any evidence that Comiskey Park was not doomed, please share it. Please tell me where you discovered Reinsdorf was lying about the condition of the park. The truth is, it was 80 ****ing years old! For the majority of its existence, ownership was dirt poor, so they didn't spend as much as they should have on upkeep. When structural concrete starts to go, there is no saving it. Whether or not you liked the design of Comiskey II, a new park had to be built. There was no saving the baseball palace.

As for Hangar, his whole purpose in life is to complain. He wants badly to prove the Sox wrong, to discover they are lying, that they "dropped the ball", and such. Who else takes such joy in tearing the Soc to shreds? Who has to be the first to chime in "the SOX really GOOFED. They are a horrible organization. They messed up with Rooney, they messed up with the seats, they messed up with personel, they messed up the design of the park, fundamentals is horrible, etc." He apparently spends his whole life looking for ways to say the organization looks bad. I can understand someone being a dark cloud, because some people are just pessimistic. However, Hangar goes above and beyond being a dark cloud. He doesn't just think his team is doomed to lose, he thinks they are going to make every mistake possible. He makes mountains out of mole hills in attempts to show the Sox really ****ed up BIG TIME. He then points things out such as "I told you they were wrong. They made their bed, now they have to lie in it" in an attempt to make himself look smarter on this board.

Mr. Reinsdorf, I didnt mean to offend you..........
There are Dark Clouds and there are Fluffy Clouds I guess.

Trav
03-21-2006, 02:27 PM

n a book written by one of the members of Save Our Sox, the author says that JR cooked up a larger number than the actual estimate to repair the stadium in order to make his dream of building a new stadium easier. Baseball Palace of the World is the name of the book. I can't remember the author's name at the moment. It's a great book and tells about the last year in the park as well as the months leading up to it.

TomBradley72
03-21-2006, 02:28 PM

I'm with you 100% n this Hangar. I don't see it as complaining or allowing it to supercede the WS Championship or a product on the field. But it is penny pinching (a bigger crew could have finished the job) and it does look bush league. We're the world champions with alot of visibility now...

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 02:30 PM
n a book written by one of the members of Save Our Sox, the author says that JR cooked up a larger number than the actual estimate to repair the stadium in order to make his dream of building a new stadium easier. Baseball Palace of the World is the name of the book. I can't remember the author's name at the moment. It's a great book and tells about the last year in the park as well as the months leading up to it.

Yeah, but everyone knows the members of Save Our Sox were closet Cub fans out to undermine everything Pure & True about the White Sox and couldnt wait shred the SOX to pieces to make them look bad

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 02:32 PM
What makes you so sure of that? Maybe next winter will be another harsh one in Chicago.

:roflmao:

TheOldRoman
03-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah, but everyone knows the members of Save Our Sox were closet Cub fans out to undermine everything Pure & True about the White Sox and couldnt wait shred the SOX to pieces to make them look bad
I never said you were a closet Cubs fan. I merely said that you hate the Sox with a passion, and you only root for them because you hate the Cubs twice as much. You still feel the need to let us know when the Sox "GOOFED", though.:rolleyes:

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 02:40 PM
I never said you were a closet Cubs fan. I merely said that you hate the Sox with a passion, and you only root for them because you hate the Cubs twice as much. You still feel the need to let us know when the Sox "GOOFED", though.:rolleyes:

Nahhh, if I hated the SOX, I wouldnt own as much paraphernalia as I do (just dropped off my new blk jersey yesterday to get 12-Pierzynski put on it)
And I wouldnt be heading to California to see us play the Angels. Your right though, I do have an intense dislike for that other team though :cool: . But if the SOX goof up, its encoded in the DNA of sox fans to call them out, just like some of you guys call me and others out for a mistaken fact etc. But I wouldnt have it any other way :cool:

TomBradley72
03-21-2006, 02:40 PM

White Sox fans have always had a "critical eye" towards their team. That's why our attendance goes up and down based on the product on the field vs. the lemmings to the north where the sky is always blue and all of the children are above average.

C'mon...anyone else you know create a replica World Series trophy...and then take it all around the area...showing it off, taking pictures, having a few beers? That's what Hangar did....he loves the White Sox as much or more than any other Sox fan I've ever met. So he's critical of certain trades, or certain ways the team is run..so what? Just because they are World Champions doesn't mean they are 100% perfect.

Red Barchetta
03-21-2006, 02:50 PM
I take more of an optomistic view on this. It seems very strange that the only seats left blue are areas where there are rumors of additional rennovations.

Perhaps the SOX are still in the final phase of negotiating additional rennovation funding. We know JR will not, or should not, use his own funds as the ballpark is owned by ISA.

With SOX attendance expected to be very strong this year, perhaps they will angle the seats down each line and add the Right Field upper deck in 2007.

The SOX brass have listened to the fans so far when it comes to the ballpark, so I trust they aren't done with the rennovations. Perhaps the angled seats can be completed under regular maintenance funding that has already met budget parameters for 2006? The upper deck in right could easily be sponsored outside of the US Cellular budget. The Scout Seats are already sponsored by United and the Fundamentals is sponsored by Pontiac.

I know the excuses seem weak, however I think more rennovations are in the works...

The park does look silly with the remaining blue seats, however after our World Series win, I don't expect to see much blue this season.

Trav
03-21-2006, 02:55 PM
I take more of an optomistic view on this. It seems very strange that the only seats left blue are areas where there are rumors of additional rennovations.

Perhaps the SOX are still in the final phase of negotiating additional rennovation funding. We know JR will not, or should not, use his own funds as the ballpark is owned by ISA.

With SOX attendance expected to be very strong this year, perhaps they will angle the seats down each line and add the Right Field upper deck in 2007.

The SOX brass have listened to the fans so far when it comes to the ballpark, so I trust they aren't done with the rennovations. Perhaps the angled seats can be completed under regular maintenance funding that has already met budget parameters for 2006? The upper deck in right could easily be sponsored outside of the US Cellular budget. The Scout Seats are already sponsored by United and the Fundamentals is sponsored by Pontiac.

I know the excuses seem weak, however I think more rennovations are in the works...

The park does look silly with the remaining blue seats, however after our World Series win, I don't expect to see much blue this season.

If this does happen, it will be a first for JR. And I will give him credit. However, I thought the U.S. Cellullar money is allready gone. Angled seats would be great.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Maybe it's a question of supply. The dude finished all the seats that were ordered but maybe the WS only ordered as many as were available.

And the combination of blue/green seats won't look goofy. Because the damn park will be packed.

anewman35
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
99% of people dont care? theres been 48 posts so far on the subject with 556 views

Well, first off, half those posts are probably yours, and half the views are from me checking it to see if you responded, I can use the entertainment. Anyway, I meant "99% of Sox fans in general", not 99% of Sox fans on this site. I'll bet that if you did a poll of random people out on the street, less than half of them would even know we were changing seat color, and I'd bet less than half of those would care it wasn't done yet. You've got to remember - just because YOU care about something, doesn't mean the majority of people do. It makes no sense at all for the Sox to bring attention to them "goofing up" when most people won't even notice.

Ol' No. 2
03-21-2006, 03:00 PM
:threadrules: Vintage WSI.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-21-2006, 03:16 PM
After reading this thread I will come to the conclusion that 12 days is too long to wait.

Baby Fisk
03-21-2006, 03:20 PM
http://www.stevenhirsch.com/streetcreatures/image/crying_baby.jpg
"Why, daddy? Why is everyone fighting about their seats?"

spiffie
03-21-2006, 03:25 PM
I think the bitching might be less if it weren't for the fact that as of today you go onto whitesox.com and find the following information there:

Green seats were installed in the Club Level, Scout Seats and bleachers before Opening Day 2005. The remaining seats, beginning with the upper level, will be replaced as weather allows during the 2005 season and 2005-2006 offseason. Full installation is scheduled to be completed by Opening Day 2006. Aisle seats in each row will feature one of the club's historical logos.

I don't believe they ever installed any new seats during the season last year, though I could be wrong on that. Either way, I agree it makes the organization look disorganized when it takes three years to replace seats and the park is two-toned on the biggest Opening Night in team history. Also, I think there's just a certain annoyance when we're given optimistic forecasts that don't pan out...save that for Cub fans waiting for Mark Prior injury reports.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-21-2006, 03:27 PM
"Why, daddy? Why is everyone fighting about their seats?"

Is she crying because she's at a parade?

SoxFan76
03-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Wow I go to sleep, wake up, and this is what I find. What have I done?

The upper deck is completely done, the outfield is done, and the lower deck is done up until 1st and 3rd base. This is what I've been told. On TV it will most likely be very hard to see a blue seat.

They're just seats people, relax.

mjharrison72
03-21-2006, 03:50 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4049&d=1141829843

Baby Fisk
03-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Is she crying because she's at a parade?
Don't go there man.

mjharrison72
03-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Don't go there man.
I actually thought it was a Romanian parade, but those flags have vertical stripes.
Colombian is Yellow-blue-red.
I'm stumped.
EDIT: It could be the flag of Budapest, Hungary (http://flagspot.net/flags/hu-budap.html#var). God, I'll be glad to have a job that actually requires work.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Don't go there man.

Don't know why I did it. But I'd like to apologize.

JoeyCora28
03-21-2006, 04:08 PM

Douglas Bukowski is the author's name.

I happen to be reading it now!!

A good read about the 1990 season.

TomBradley72
03-21-2006, 04:12 PM

The franchise is run so much better run now than it was before....I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking at some enhanced renovations is these areas of the park.

Frater Perdurabo
03-21-2006, 04:27 PM

Interesting hypothesis. This certainly would improve the sight lines down the foul lines.

Ol' No. 2
03-21-2006, 05:13 PM
The franchise is run so much better run now than it was before....I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking at some enhanced renovations is these areas of the park.You mean like the RF Home Run Porch?:duck:

JohnBasedowYoda
03-21-2006, 05:24 PM
You mean like the RF Home Run Porch?:duck:

"Home Run Porch"

Ahhhh the ultimate thread hijack. The power of those three words to change the conversation instantly.

Trav
03-21-2006, 05:35 PM
The franchise is run so much better run now than it was before....I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking at some enhanced renovations is these areas of the park.

What makes you say that? The only thing I can think of is that they went cheap and lucked into Kenny Williams. Then they went cheap again and lucked into Guillen. Those two people are the reason for the World Series.

I don't know how JR is running things any different. They went cheap and let Rooney go. They went cheap and got Singleton. Same old song and dance...

I know that some think that the Score was responsible for the broadcasters but I have heard both ways.

CLR01
03-21-2006, 06:37 PM
I think the bitching might be less if it weren't for the fact that as of today you go onto whitesox.com and find the following information there:

I don't believe they ever installed any new seats during the season last year, though I could be wrong on that. Either way, I agree it makes the organization look disorganized when it takes three years to replace seats and the park is two-toned on the biggest Opening Night in team history. Also, I think there's just a certain annoyance when we're given optimistic forecasts that don't pan out...save that for Cub fans waiting for Mark Prior injury reports.

So green/blue seats would have been fine last year during the season and into the playoffs and WS but this year it looks bush league?

SouthSide_HitMen
03-21-2006, 06:57 PM
What makes you say that? The only thing I can think of is that they went cheap and lucked into Kenny Williams. Then they went cheap again and lucked into Guillen. Those two people are the reason for the World Series.

I don't know how JR is running things any different. They went cheap and let Rooney go. They went cheap and got Singleton. Same old song and dance...

I know that some think that the Score was responsible for the broadcasters but I have heard both ways.

Kenny Williams worked for several years in the White Sox organization and Ozzie Guillen served as a coach for several years and learned under Bobby Cox and Jack McKeon. They worked their way up and deserved a chance based on what they did as they climbed the ladder.

Singleton did not climb a ladder or do anything to prepare for this job. His "qualifications" was being a speedy player who was an above average fielder with little power for a few years. Singleton has no broadcasting experience / background period.

I am not an ESPN fan but moving to the Score, home of strip club, credit scam companies and bookie ads is a major step down IMO. If it takes a crappy year of Singleton to make the Sox / Score sign Wills when his contract is up after 2006 than so be it. Farmeo will not give up his contract and unlike Rooney will have no offers elsewhere.

I've listened to several innings and they were not smooth nor do I think it will improve. I'd rather see the White Sox promote a good AAA announcer or someone from a small market city than throwing up an ex player and hoping they won't stink. I rather hear Ken Singleton at this point - at least he was a very good player and I'd rather hear stories about his career.

Putting ex jocks with no talent results in a poor broadcast. Lets be serious - guys like Chris Singleton, Harold Reynolds, John Kruk have little if any "star" power - and they bring nothing to the table. They are not going to "learn the ropes" doing AAA broadcasts since they are millionaires from their playing days which is why baseball would be better off sticking with professional announcers presenting baseball in a professional manner.

Lip Man 1
03-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Southside:

Much truth in what you posted from a broadcasting standpoint. (And I do know a little something about that end of the business...:rolleyes: )

Lip

Chisox003
03-21-2006, 07:45 PM
FWIW (I'm not about to go through this whole ridiculous thread), I just had an orientation for work last Saturday at the Cell (I work there). We were told that the green seats could've been finished if A)The season ended earlier or B)They could've foreseen the mild winter we had in Chicago.

Take it for what it's worth.

TomBradley72
03-21-2006, 07:48 PM
FWIW (I'm not about to go through this whole ridiculous thread), I just had an orientation for work last Saturday at the Cell (I work there). We were told that the green seats could've been finished if A)The season ended earlier or B)They could've foreseen the mild winter we had in Chicago.

Where were you 81 posts ago? :cool:

Parrothead
03-21-2006, 07:56 PM
As much I don't like the Score, I heard somewhere that thier signal goes farther the ESPN's. Not sure if that is true though. If so, there are more people potentially hearing the Sox which on paper is good. But upon hearing the crew I am sure people will turn it off.

TomBradley72
03-21-2006, 07:57 PM
What makes you say that? The only thing I can think of is that they went cheap and lucked into Kenny Williams. Then they went cheap again and lucked into Guillen. Those two people are the reason for the World Series. I don't know how JR is running things any different. They went cheap and let Rooney go. They went cheap and got Singleton. Same old song and dance...I know that some think that the Score was responsible for the broadcasters but I have heard both ways.

The whole WSCR/Rooney thing is inexcusable.

But the White Sox deserve alot of credit for hiring Guillen and Williams. They each had their growing pains...but isn't the 1st World Series Championship in Chicago in 88 years pretty good evidence that they were excellent choices?

Other areas where the franchise has improved:

Overall marketing and customer service under Brooks Boyer.
The comprehensive renovation of US Cellular Field...its a GREAT place to see and experience a game vs. the sterile "white elephant" that was originally built.
The payroll is around $100MM annually...JR supported re-signing Konerko, acquiring Thome/Vazquez/Machowiak and Cintron, locking up Garland for the long term. Plus the previous acquisitions of Garcia and Contreras.
Relations with White Sox "alumni" (Fisk, McDowell, Ventura, etc.) has drastically improved.In my opinion. the White Sox are currently in the top 25% of best run franchises in the major leagues...maybe higher.

Despite the disastrous green seat episode.

anewman35
03-21-2006, 09:00 PM

The Sox DIDN'T forsee the mild winter? What, did they go cheap on weathermen? If this team wants to be a first class organization, they have to HIRE weathermen who can see this stuff!

champagne030
03-21-2006, 09:24 PM

Great....Just come out and say that and don't try to say that because of the harsh winter the seat replacement is not complete. That's the only issue I have with the whole situation. I still think it looks bad, but I can live with it because we are in the process of upgrading...They insult my intelligence by making up some bull**** story.....Be honest and people will understand a lot more than if you try to cover things up.

Trav
03-22-2006, 09:58 AM
The whole WSCR/Rooney thing is inexcusable.

But the White Sox deserve alot of credit for hiring Guillen and Williams. They each had their growing pains...but isn't the 1st World Series Championship in Chicago in 88 years pretty good evidence that they were excellent choices?

Other areas where the franchise has improved:

Overall marketing and customer service under Brooks Boyer.
The comprehensive renovation of US Cellular Field...its a GREAT place to see and experience a game vs. the sterile "white elephant" that was originally built.
The payroll is around $100MM annually...JR supported re-signing Konerko, acquiring Thome/Vazquez/Machowiak and Cintron, locking up Garland for the long term. Plus the previous acquisitions of Garcia and Contreras.
Relations with White Sox "alumni" (Fisk, McDowell, Ventura, etc.) has drastically improved.In my opinion. the White Sox are currently in the top 25% of best run franchises in the major leagues...maybe higher.

Despite the disastrous green seat episode.

I agree that Guillen and Williams were great choices. Guillen was my favorite player growing up and I always thought he would be a manager one day. This is pretty much a dream come true for me. That doesn't change the fact that because he had no experience as a manager anywhere he was much cheaper than the other choices.

I will give you that the PR people are much better.

I will also give JR credit for selling the naming rights to upgrade the field. I don't know if that compensates for building a Kaufman Stadium 2 in the first place.

Their ex-sox relationships have not gotten better. Go read the Cubune for the Thomas' episodes. They love writing about it.

spiffie
03-22-2006, 10:27 AM
So green/blue seats would have been fine last year during the season and into the playoffs and WS but this year it looks bush league?
I thought it looked awkward, but I was more forgiving since it was at least still in the time frame they had said. Now it not only looks poor but it also was not finished when they said it would be. Like others have said, there are worse things in the world, but it still is slightly irksome when they say something will be done at one point, and it will be a whole extra year until its done, when seemingly nowhere else has taken this long to do the same sort of thing.

Hangar18
03-22-2006, 11:13 AM
...........I just had an orientation for work last Saturday at the Cell (I work there). We were told that the green seats could've been finished if
A)The season ended earlier or
B)They could've foreseen the mild winter we had in Chicago.

And this was met by rousing Laughter from the Orientees right?
The SOX being in the playoffs for 2 extra weeks would hardly have been the difference. heck, they are on year 3 of putting seats in. Lets see, if there are 365 days in a year, (1095 days/3years) and roughly 43,000 seats in the park (more or less) means they SOX have roughly put in 39 seats a day (and theyre still not done) Multiply that by 43,000 and you pretty much get the idea ..............

So the SOX are saying if they had those 2 weeks, they couldve finished?
my math says they wouldve only gotten an extra 546 seats installed. So NO, they wouldnt be finished.

And ............theyre telling everyone that the Unusually Harsh Winter is why the seats arent done this year, but theyre telling you they had no idea this would be Unusually "Mild Winter".

Baaa hahahahahah baahhhhhahaa.

Ol' No. 2
03-22-2006, 11:23 AM
You're forgetting the most important part of all. The shame of playing in a stadium with two different color seats will undoubtedly have a negative effect on the players. Batting averages will fall and ERA's will rise. They'll be lucky to finish above .500.

Are we officially back to "cheap and stupid"?:rolleyes:

Chip Z'nuff
03-22-2006, 12:12 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/thumbnails/photogallery/2006-03/21976688.jpg
The North Side is home to the official green and blue combination...
We can do better than this!

WSox8404
03-22-2006, 12:48 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/thumbnails/photogallery/2006-03/21976688.jpg

I guess having fans pay only $150 or whatever it was for a piece of crap brick wasn't enough to get green jerseys also. Should have been $250.

Hangar18
03-23-2006, 10:14 AM

They dont realize how horrible they look in those clown suits?
they wear a navy blue jersey when their colors are just regular blue ....

Chip Z'nuff
03-23-2006, 10:48 AM
They dont realize how horrible they look in those clown suits?
they wear a navy blue jersey when their colors are just regular blue ....
Speaking of clowns Maddux does look a little like the joker in this picture

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Speaking of clowns Maddux does look a little like the joker in this picture

http://www.wallsoffame.com/assets/images/2_00_nicholson.jpg

WRIGLEY FIELD NEEDS AN ENEMA!

Wait....