PDA

View Full Version : Sox Ticket Exchange Up and.......Not Running

NoNeckEra
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
The White Sox ticket exchange, where season tix holders can buy and sell season tix opened today, but it's only working to post tickets, not buy them.
Customer support at Ticketmaster just told me they don't know when it'll be fixed, but they're "working on it".

OzzieBall2004
03-20-2006, 06:48 PM
It looks to me like it is working...I could get to the login page of the checkout process, but didnt want to log in b/c I dont want to really buy $2,000 scout seats. Does an error occur after that?

NoNeckEra
03-20-2006, 06:53 PM
It looks to me like it is working...I could get to the login page of the checkout process, but didnt want to log in b/c I dont want to really buy $2,000 scout seats. Does an error occur after that?
Yes, unfortunately, the error occurs when you click the final purchase button.
So you think you've got the tix, then you get a message that an error occured and you need to start over. But it never works, that's why you will see ticket availability #s fluctuating as people click on "checkout", go thru the process then after the purchase fails, the tix reappear on the list.

OzzieBall2004
03-20-2006, 07:02 PM
So you think you've got the tix, then you get a message that an error occured and you need to start over. But it never works, that's why you will see ticket availability #s fluctuating as people click on "checkout", go thru the process then after the purchase fails, the tix reappear on the list.

Ahhh...I see. I didn't really look around too much, but are there reasonably priced tickets on there?

koch44
03-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Ahhh...I see. I didn't really look around too much, but are there reasonably priced tickets on there?

From the prices I saw it's just another version of Stubhub and Ebay, except you get your tickets emailed to you.

NoNeckEra
03-20-2006, 07:11 PM
No. The first prices I saw are even higher than Stubhub.

chisoxfanatic
03-20-2006, 07:21 PM
May we put tickets on sale there, on Stubhub, ebay, AND here at WSI at the same time to increase the likelihood of selling the tickets?

Is there any way to pull tickets off any of the sites if they're claimed on another site?

NoNeckEra
03-20-2006, 07:26 PM
May we put tickets on sale there, on Stubhub, ebay, AND here at WSI at the same time to increase the likelihood of selling the tickets?

Is there any way to pull tickets off any of the sites if they're claimed on another site?
I wouldn't do it. If they happen to sell at the same time, the Sox site instantaneously issues a replacement ticket to the new buyer, rendering your "hard" ticket useless, so you'd have nothing to send to Stubhub, and then they could charge you for non delivery.

chisoxfanatic
03-20-2006, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't do it. If they happen to sell at the same time, the Sox site instantaneously issues a replacement ticket to the new buyer, rendering your "hard" ticket useless, so you'd have nothing to send to Stubhub, and then they could charge you for non delivery.

Is there a way to pull a ticket off the Sox ticket exchange if I were, let's say, to try to sell it there and someone HERE AT WSI purchases it before anyone on the Sox ticket exchange does?

OzzieBall2004
03-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Is there a way to pull a ticket off the Sox ticket exchange if I were, let's say, to try to sell it there and someone HERE AT WSI purchases it before anyone on the Sox ticket exchange does?

No...I think it's an open marketplace....if you wanted to do that, your best bet would be to have them pay you through paypal and then to do a ticketForward ($2 I think).

You should suggest something like that to your rep though.

ewokpelts
03-20-2006, 07:33 PM
yes. But you gotta do it quick.
Ticketmaster will not return teh ticket to you if they sell it to a buyer.
Gene

OzzieBall2004
03-20-2006, 07:34 PM

Are you sure you arent just timing out (like a regualr TM purchase if you don't enter your info in enough time)?

NoNeckEra
03-20-2006, 07:34 PM
I would try listing a game in the future you think you may be selling, then try to go back and de-list it and see what happens. Right now, all I saw was the option to have the tickets come off the site after a date you pick.

chisoxfanatic
03-20-2006, 07:41 PM
I would try listing a game in the future you think you may be selling, then try to go back and de-list it and see what happens. Right now, all I saw was the option to have the tickets come off the site after a date you pick.

If I were to do it on the Ticket Exchange, the money goes directly to our White Sox account, correct? That can only be used on other Sox tickets, IIRC?

ewokpelts
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
If I were to do it on the Ticket Exchange, the money goes directly to our White Sox account, correct? That can only be used on other Sox tickets, IIRC?correct

NoNeckEra
03-20-2006, 07:47 PM
If I were to do it on the Ticket Exchange, the money goes directly to our White Sox account, correct? That can only be used on other Sox tickets, IIRC?
Correctamundo. Like for playoff tix.:D:

NoNeckEra
03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Are you sure you arent just timing out (like a regualr TM purchase if you don't enter your info in enough time)?
No, it tells you if you've run out of time. This is just simply the system being broken all day, as it was explained to me by TM tech support.