PDA

View Full Version : Does Borchard trade mean Pods...

MaggPipes
03-20-2006, 01:52 PM
is good to go? One would think that if the Sox thought Scott would start the season on DL they would have kept Borchard around for awhile. Maybe it is just me hoping, but it is kind of logical...

sullythered
03-20-2006, 01:58 PM
I hope so, but I doubt one has much to do with the other. Borchard and Gload are both out of options, so I would imagine the Sox would rather keep the guy who they think will help in the long run. Unless they think Pods is gonna miss significant time, they probably wouldn't want to lose Ross. Plus, with Mackowiak, I'm pretty sure they'd be relatively comfortable starting the season without Scotty.

samram
03-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Pods is playing in a minor league game today or tomorrow, if I heard correctly. That means he should be fine.

KRS1
03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
I think Jerry Owens being sent down early was a better sign of Pods being fine. If he wasnt, I wouldve expected JO to get as many at bats as possible this spring just in case.

soxfan26
03-20-2006, 03:14 PM
I think it's been at least 2 years since the Sox seriously considered Borchard a part of their plans.

Banix12
03-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I think Jerry Owens being sent down early was a better sign of Pods being fine. If he wasnt, I wouldve expected JO to get as many at bats as possible this spring just in case.

Agreed, If Pods went down for any length of time they would have tried to replace him with a guy who could possibly fill the leadoff role. Borchard really didn't fit that bill. I don't think Borchard was looked at anything more than a possible 5th OF behind Mackowiak on the Depth Chart.

INSox56
03-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah they reported Pods had a hit today and one or two walks. AND a SB in that game. And two Ks I think