PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Party Suggestions for 3/24

Hangar18
03-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Was going to have a Trophy Party at Grizzlies this Friday ......
however our sympathisizer there has taken a different job. So .......
any suggestions? Would like it if there are lots of SOX fans in the area ....

Blob
03-20-2006, 10:09 AM
I have an idea for your trophy...:cool:

mjharrison72
03-20-2006, 10:25 AM
My wife and I were planning on going to Grizzlies. There are a number of other joints in the area where we could probably have a get-together. Is Grizzlies completely "out," then? PM me, Hangar, if you'd like some other recommendations.

shbart
03-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Hangar,
You should bring it on Friday and Sunday to the Cell for the new season ticket holder party!

SOXPHILE
03-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Are you going to be bringing it to the Tuesday opening day, ring ceremony game, (Jimbo's pre-game ?)

Hangar18
03-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Are you going to be bringing it to the Tuesday opening day, ring ceremony game, (Jimbo's pre-game ?)

Trophy will be at JIMBOS on Sunday ........ PUFFERS on Saturday Nite.
Cmon People, lets get this figured out. Im thinking Morgans on South Halsted street. its a pretty happening bar, and a place called Juniors opened up across the street. shall we vote on this?

mjharrison72
03-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Trophy will be at JIMBOS on Sunday ........ PUFFERS on Saturday Nite.
Cmon People, lets get this figured out. Im thinking Morgans on South Halsted street. its a pretty happening bar, and a place called Juniors opened up across the street. shall we vote on this?
Well, my vote is definitely for something at least on the North Side, Hangar! Hook it up, my friend! :bandance:

pinwheels3530
03-20-2006, 03:51 PM
I vote for Morgans on Halsted.

SouthSide_HitMen
03-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Was going to have a Trophy Party at Grizzlies this Friday ......
however our sympathisizer there has taken a different job. So .......
any suggestions? Would like it if there are lots of SOX fans in the area ....

That is a shame. Grizzlies was one of the few Sox friendly places in the neighborhood. Finley Dunnes a few blocks south is also a Sox friendly joint (they support both clubs though they have to being several blocks from the urinal).

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 08:27 AM
That is a shame. Grizzlies was one of the few Sox friendly places in the neighborhood. Finley Dunnes a few blocks south is also a Sox friendly joint (they support both clubs though they have to being several blocks from the urinal).

Say ........... Finley Dunnes is not a bad idea .............

mjharrison72
03-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Say ........... Finley Dunnes is not a bad idea .............
I think we could make that. It's pretty much across Lincoln from the Burrito house there just south of Addison, right?

EDIT: According to their Web site (http://www.finleydunnes.com/), they're a Boston College bar, and as such, may have a big crowd for the BC-Villanova game at 6 p.m.

Hawkeroo1980
03-21-2006, 11:33 AM
I think we could make that. It's pretty much across Lincoln from the Burrito house there just south of Addison, right?

EDIT: According to their Web site (http://www.finleydunnes.com/), they're a Boston College bar, and as such, may have a big crowd for the BC-Villanova game at 6 p.m.

i will guaruntee that BC alumni will be there watching that game.

SouthSide_HitMen
03-21-2006, 12:23 PM
i will guaruntee that BC alumni will be there watching that game.

Yes - it is a great place to catch a Sox game in season but there will be many BC fans there - very crowded, on top of the usual Friday suspects.

But it is a good bar for White Sox fans and Joe the owner is a great guy.

Sorry your friend left Grizzlies Hanger (I left the neighborhood two years ago (7 years in the heart of Cubs territory :o: ) so I miss those two bars - good food, drinks and people).

I'm going to Opening Day so I'll definitely try to catch the trophy tour before the game and possibly this Friday depending on how things shake out.

skottyj242
03-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Can I bring the trophy to Mexico with me tomorrow?

Hangar18
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Yes - it is a great place to catch a Sox game in season

But it is a good bar for White Sox fans and Joe the owner is a great guy.

Sorry your friend left Grizzlies Hanger (I left the neighborhood two years ago (7 years in the heart of Cubs territory :o: ) so I miss those two bars - good food, drinks and people)..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Finley Dunnes is the leading candidate for our 3/24 Party right now ...............

SouthSide_HitMen
03-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Finley Dunnes is the leading candidate for our 3/24 Party right now ...............

I'm going to Finley Dunnes tomorrow before Golden Gloves action. I'll ask Joe (or if he isn't there someone else) what kind of crowd they expect for BC / Villanova and provide an update. They built a back room a few years ago and I can't see both jammed packed for the BC games (BB and NCAA Hockey Playoff Action :thumbsup:) though like I said I don't go there as often as when I lived in the area. I think I'm heading to the bar twice this week. :cool:

http://www.finleydunnes.com/

http://thelin.net/laurent/cinema/photos/the_blues_brothers/john_candy.jpg

Who wants an Orange Whip? Orange Whip, Orange Whip.
Three Orange Whips. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

SweetnesSox
03-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Are any of these places suitable for the as-of-now fake I.D-less 19 year old?

P.S. fake I.D.'s are illegal and should never be used. Alcohol is only suitable for people over the age of 21 even though countries with a lower/no age limit have less alcohol-related offenses.

DumpJerry
03-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Hangar,
You should bring it on Friday and Sunday to the Cell for the new season ticket holder party!
What about those of us who were invited for Saturday's party????

Something tells me the Commissioner's Trophy will be in attendance.....

mjharrison72
03-22-2006, 03:58 PM
So what's the word? Are we going to try to brave the BC crowd? IF that game is at 6... maybe we should plan to meet closer to 8:30 or 9 if we're going there?

Or is there another North Center/Lakeview/Roscoe Village/Lincoln Square option anyone would like to entertain?

Hangar18
03-22-2006, 04:07 PM
So what's the word? Are we going to try to brave the BC crowd? IF that game is at 6... maybe we should plan to meet closer to 8:30 or 9 if we're going there?

Or is there another North Center/Lakeview/Roscoe Village/Lincoln Square option anyone would like to entertain?

I think we should make it Finley Dunnes. Theres enough parking in the area
and easy to get to. Someone will have to warn them were coming ......
my band practices in the area there, so I can stop by tomorrow evening .....

ChiSoxGirl
03-22-2006, 09:48 PM
This sounds great! As a suburbanite, I love places in the city that have plenty of parking! :wink: I definitely plan on being there Friday night, just let me know what time. :gulp:

SouthSide_HitMen
03-22-2006, 11:04 PM
I think we should make it Finley Dunnes. Theres enough parking in the area
and easy to get to. Someone will have to warn them were coming ......
my band practices in the area there, so I can stop by tomorrow evening .....

I talked to Joe at Finley Dunne's tonight and he said they do expect a BC crowd for the Basketball and Hockey games (Sweet 16 for both) but nothing they can't handle in addition to the WIS World Series Trophy tour (I told him 10 - 20 people). With the early Friday start he doesn't expect an enormous crowd.

If Finley Dunnes is OK with Hanger, it should work out. I told Joe I will see him Friday regardless.

This is Cub territory so you will run into some Cub fans. No need to rub it in - they know their team is bad.

Hope to see some of you this Friday. Hanger you can call there if you want since I don't know how many you expect in your caravan.

The bar is on the West side of Lincoln a little over a block south of Addison. Parking is pretty easy as it is not deep into the heart of Wrigley. Lincoln may have meters til 6 or so and the zone parking is usually East toward the urinal (so if you park on Lincoln or west of Lincoln you should be in the clear - check any signs to make sure as I wouldn't want anyone to get a ticket and it is nearing the end of the month - i.e. quota time).