PDA

View Full Version : Opening day party in Champaign?

jenmcm76
03-20-2006, 06:26 AM
Hi to all you fellow Champaign-Urbanites -

Just wondering if there were any plans in the works for an Opening Day (night) party like last year.... I couldn't make it last year, but was looking forward to a similar event this year. Please reply to this post if there's any plans brewing. Thanks!

Hangar18
03-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi to all you fellow Champaign-Urbanites -

Just wondering if there were any plans in the works for an Opening Day (night) party like last year.... I couldn't make it last year, but was looking forward to a similar event this year. Please reply to this post if there's any plans brewing. Thanks!

Take the bull by the horns and be the Planner ..........
you make a good Host!

jenmcm76
03-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Take the bull by the horns and be the Planner ..........
you make a good Host!

Tempting.... Do you (or anyone else) have any info from last year's planning? Didn't someone rent out the basement of Geovanti's and then charge per person? How many people were there? Any info would be appreciated - thanks!

santo=dorf
03-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Tempting.... Do you (or anyone else) have any info from last year's planning? Didn't someone rent out the basement of Geovanti's and then charge per person? How many people were there? Any info would be appreciated - thanks!
I did it last year with fusillirob1983 sending out invites through the Facebook network. I was told I needed to have a minimum of 40 people (I charged $3 a person,) and Rob and I got about 50+ confirmed invites, but we were a little short of our number because the Illini were in the national title game and people decided to camp out in front of the bars to hold spots. It was $125 for a tray of appetizers and a keg of your choice. If you have enough people you can get a second tray for $30 more.

Because I graduated this past December, I don't know if there is anything planned for this year, but it seems like it wouldn't be hard to get enough people because it's a Sunday night game.

mike squires
03-20-2006, 10:32 PM
I went last year. I felt a little out of place cause I was probably the oldest and went alone. That didn't stop me from having 4 beers and some great fried shrimp. I would be interested but I took the day off and I would feel bad leaving my wife and daughter to go to a bar and watch it. We'll see though...keep us posted.

jenmcm76
03-21-2006, 08:11 PM
I did it last year with fusillirob1983 sending out invites through the Facebook network. I was told I needed to have a minimum of 40 people (I charged $3 a person,) and Rob and I got about 50+ confirmed invites, but we were a little short of our number because the Illini were in the national title game and people decided to camp out in front of the bars to hold spots. It was $125 for a tray of appetizers and a keg of your choice. If you have enough people you can get a second tray for $30 more.

Thanks for the info... If I'm able to get some plans together in time, do you (or fusillirob1983) still have access to Facebook? I don't know if I'd be able to get enough people on my own otherwise.