PDA

View Full Version : Parque

Brian26
03-19-2006, 02:53 PM
A picture says a thousand words.

NSSoxFan
03-19-2006, 03:05 PM
There are two things that I'll always remember about this loser:

1) Seeing him in his Porche on the Dan Ryan, literally two minutes after a game had ended

2) Watching him say **** during an interview with Gail Fischer the night before we clinched the division in 2000.

batmanZoSo
03-19-2006, 03:16 PM
And who could forget his subversive Sun-Times blog he had going for a while in 2000? That was pretty :puking:

SOXintheBURGH
03-19-2006, 03:20 PM
I wonder how much you can get for that on the ebay?

Shoeless Joe
03-19-2006, 03:36 PM
I wonder how much you can get for that on the ebay?

Probably not any money. More like an even exchange: A Parque card for firewood or a gas can. :D:

RKMeibalane
03-19-2006, 03:59 PM
:butter

"When I learned that Robin Ventura had a better fastball than I did, I knew that it was time to retire."

RedPinStripes
03-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Butter

LuvSox
03-19-2006, 06:12 PM
He stood up for his team in that Detroit fight though.

soxinem1
03-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Best minor league pitcher on the 2000 White Sox. And the most guaranteed loser in second half ball games.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Did he lead the WS in simulated game victories?

BanditJimmy
03-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Another UCLA punk.

Realist
03-19-2006, 11:57 PM
I seem to remember him putting in a pretty gutzy performance in the 2000 playoffs. Am I wrong?

StockdaleForVeep
03-20-2006, 12:05 AM
I remember when he had a column in the sun times where it was like his diary and he was detailing on how he couldnt sleep before a game and had a nasty zit on his back or face

Trav
03-20-2006, 12:31 AM
I don't remember him being trouble. The Sox treated him pretty raw from what I remember about the ordeal.

RadioheadRocks
03-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Butter

Parkay!

http://www.parkay.com/images/products/tOrig.jpg

Hangar18
03-20-2006, 07:59 AM
I seem to remember him putting in a pretty gutzy performance in the 2000 playoffs. Am I wrong?

I dont understand the hatred for him .............
he played hard and was really frustrated when he hurt himself.
Ive got nothing bad to say about him ................

SBSoxFan
03-20-2006, 08:22 AM
No, you're not. He was rolling in game 1, and had Manuel not taken him out it seemed like the Sox might have won the first playoff game in 2000.

FRANK FORT
03-20-2006, 09:02 AM
What I'll always remember is Jim, after hitting a Detroit player, throwing down his glove and basically saying "C'mon!". The brawl that ensued is legendary.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-20-2006, 09:26 AM
I agree with the others who feel Parque isn't getting the respect he deserves in this thread. He was a #1 sandwich pick we got for losing Alex Fernandez and in just a couple of years he was making significant contributions. He probably would have won Game 1 of the ALDS if Captain Hook didn't pull him with the lead -- which Gas Can Howry promptly lost, walking the leadoff man!

Then another of Manuel's genius moves backfired, letting Josh "Versatile" Paul catch the tenth inning in a tied game. Piniella could see Paul tipping pitch outs, told his baserunner Cameron, who promptly stole second, and scored the winning run. Thank God Mike Scioscia was too stupid to know what Piniella and every Sox Fan already knew last October: Josh Paul is no kind of big league catcher.

Parque, Sirotka, and Baldwin all wound up with serious arm injuries in 2001. They got those injuries pitching their hearts out for the Sox in 2000, and if ANY of our vaunted hitters had shown up in October the way these three did, maybe the Sox reach championship paydirt five years earlier.

Show some respect for these three. It's not their fault our manager was a dope and the hitters went AWOL.

Taliesinrk
03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
I agree with the others who feel Parque isn't getting the respect he deserves in this thread. He was a #1 sandwich pick we got for losing Alex Fernandez and in just a couple of years he was making significant contributions. He probably would have won Game 1 of the ALDS if Captain Hook didn't pull him with the lead -- which Gas Can Howry promptly lost, walking the leadoff man!

Then another of Manuel's genius moves backfired, letting Josh "Versatile" Paul catch the tenth inning in a tied game. Piniella could see Paul tipping pitch outs, told his baserunner Cameron, who promptly stole second, and scored the winning run. Thank God Mike Scioscia was too stupid to know what Piniella and every Sox Fan already knew last October: Josh Paul is no kind of big league catcher.

Parque, Sirotka, and Baldwin all wound up with serious arm injuries in 2001. They got those injuries pitching their hearts out for the Sox in 2000, and if ANY of our vaunted hitters had shown up in October the way these three did, maybe the Sox reach championship paydirt five years earlier.

Show some respect for these three. It's not their fault our manager was a dope and the hitters went AWOL.

well put.. :gulp:

Dick Allen
03-20-2006, 12:20 PM

Show some respect for these three. It's not their fault our manager was a dope and the hitters went AWOL.Not to mention Cal Eldred.

Pete Ward
03-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Picking on the crafty little lefthander ... shame on all of you.

As Britt Burns said in 1983 after the Sox clinched the Div ... "This feels Mo Better"

:redneck

DieTrying79
03-20-2006, 03:45 PM

Amen.

Realist
03-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I love threads with a happy ending. :smile: