PDA

View Full Version : Another Sox poster in Sunday Trib?

ssirish317
03-19-2006, 09:32 AM
I read last week that the Trib was putting another Sox poster in the Sunday paper today and again next week but I can't seem to find one in my paper today.

Has anyone gotten one in their paper this morning?

PaleHoseGeorge
03-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Do you have home delivery? If so, you don't get one. Walk up sales only.

Call the Tribune, tell then they are absolute jerks for doing this to their best customers, and that you won't be played for an ******* paying in advance to have a piece of **** delivered to your door. If they aren't going to treat you like a valued customer, you'll take your subscription dollars elsewhere.

:gallas
"Rewarding walk up sales, and not subscribers, is how I lost my Sox job. Maybe I should apply at the Cubune?"

:lynch&mcfail
"Incompetent? You'll fit right in, Rob!"

:wink:

koch44
03-19-2006, 11:20 AM
It's a poster that has all the covers from the special sections on it.

Crede_Fan
03-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Anyone have the # for the tribs cust serv?

ssirish317
03-19-2006, 11:37 AM
I have home delevery and also went out and bought another paper...I can't find it in either one.

Where in the paper is it at???

Tom~Attitude
03-19-2006, 11:38 AM
all us at:
1-800-TRIBUNE (1-800-874-2863)
The hearing impaired may call 1-312-222-1922 (TDD).
Customer service hours:
Mon - Fri: 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sat: 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Sun: 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Holidays: 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-19-2006, 11:51 AM
I have home delevery and also went out and bought another paper...I can't find it in either one.

Where in the paper is it at???

It's suppose to be inside the sealed plastic bag with all the ads. Did yours have a plastic bag?

Newspapers sold in honor boxes and convenience stores are notorious for having the coupons "stolen" from them. (They're actually swiped by the store management and/or delivery agent, often for illicit purposes.) The newpapers sold inside my White Hen Pantry in the Loop never had any coupons at all. Something like these posters also have street value, especially amongst the reputable sports memorabilia trade.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Vdjj_7_DUJ5aeM:www.major.jp/column/img/2003/09/05/2003090501_2.jpg
Cash only, baby!

ssirish317
03-19-2006, 12:05 PM
It's suppose to be inside the sealed plastic bag with all the ads. Did yours have a plastic bag?

Newspapers sold in honor boxes and convenience stores are notorious for having the coupons "stolen" from them. (They're actually swiped by the store management and/or delivery agent, often for illicit purposes.) The newpapers sold inside my White Hen Pantry in the Loop never had any coupons at all. Something like these posters also have street value, especially amongst the reputable sports memorabilia trade.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Vdjj_7_DUJ5aeM:www.major.jp/column/img/2003/09/05/2003090501_2.jpg
Cash only, baby!

The one I bought this morning at a gas station did have the coupons in the plastic bag, but I didn't find the poster in there.

I just called customer service and according to them this weeks poster is not contained inside the plastic bag, it is loose somewhere within the paper. I've gone through it and still have not come across it.

They also told me that it is only included within store bought papers, not home delivery (as previously stated above). Somehow my girlfriend and I both recieved one last week inside our home delivery paper.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-19-2006, 12:10 PM
The one I bought this morning at a gas station did have the coupons in the plastic bag, but I didn't find the poster in there.

I just called customer service and according to them this weeks poster is not contained inside the plastic bag, it is loose somewhere within the paper. I've gone through it and still have not come across it.

They also told me that it is only included within store bought papers, not home delivery (as previously stated above). Somehow my girlfriend and I both recieved one last week inside our home delivery paper.

Okay, so Trib customer service admits you were suppose to get one at the gas station and freely admits that you weren't suppose to get one as a subscriber that paid in advance to get home delivery?

So you paid in advance for one newspaper and still went out of your way to buy a second one, too. Did they at least offer to give you a big, wet kiss?

:tongue:

ssirish317
03-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Okay, so Trib customer service admits you were suppose to get one at the gas station and freely admits that you weren't suppose to get one as a subscriber that paid in advance to get home delivery?

So you paid in advance for one newspaper and still went out of your way to buy a second one, too. Did they at least offer to give you a big, wet kiss?

:tongue:
I know, it's ridiculous. You would think that if they were going to only put them in one or the other, they'd give them to their subscribers and not Joe Schmoe off the street. That would be like the Sox offering perks only to people who buy single game tickets and not to their season ticket holders.

Anyway, they're supposed to send me one in the mail.

Edit: I didn't catch the bottom half of your first post poking fun at whomever lost their job with the Sox. I was only being hypothetical in comparing this to the Sox, not knowing something similar to what I brought up happened in the past.

dcb56
03-19-2006, 04:46 PM
I found the poster in the paper I bought this morning, but unfortunately it is ripped in two places. :angry:

Otherwise, it's pretty cool.

Hangar18
03-20-2006, 09:24 AM
I found the poster in the paper I bought this morning, but unfortunately it is ripped in two places. :angry:

Otherwise, it's pretty cool.

I bought a paper at the store and IT WASNT IN THERE.
So im pissed I spent 2 bucks for nothing.

What was This weeks poster?

ChiSoxGirl
03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
What was This weeks poster?

It said, 2005 World Series Champions at the top with a picture of the trophy (not yours, but the actual one :wink:), and then "A Trip Around The World (Series)" was below that, along with a picture of every front page sports cover- from Game 1 of the ALDS all the way through Game 4 of the World Series. It's pretty sweet!

awesomefan
03-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Go look on E-Bay....they probably have a bunch of them for sale there.:angry: