PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Retain "Ostrich Kup"

Viva Medias B's
03-19-2006, 12:54 AM
By virtue of our victory today over the Chicago Cubs, we retain possession of the Pinal County Ostrich Farm Kup. It is the imaginary trophy I created in my own mind which goes to the annual winner of the ST series between us and the Cubs. Its name was inspired by the ostrich farm on I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix. Even if we lose up in Mesa, God forbid, we still retain possession. We won the Kup last year after sweeping the Cubs 2-0 in Arizona. In the event of a 1-1 tie in 2006, the previous year's winner retains possession.

RadioheadRocks
03-19-2006, 12:57 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Ostrich140.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ostrich140.jpg)

"I'd like to thank the Academy..." :D:

HomeFish
03-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Brooks or somebody should contact that farm and see if they really want to sponsor such a kup.

I can't email Brooks about it, since I already used up my lifetime quota of allowed emails to him, but maybe one of you can.

SOXintheBURGH
03-19-2006, 02:30 AM
Brooks or somebody should contact that farm and see if they really want to sponsor such a kup.

I can't email Brooks about it, since I already used up my lifetime quota of allowed emails to him, but maybe one of you can.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

soxfanreggie
03-19-2006, 03:03 AM
Actually, this gets me to a serious idea. What about a "Chicago Cross-town Classic" trophy. Could be like a trophy of the Sears tower or a plaque with a skyline of the city. Would be given to a team who wins. In case of a tie, it can be held in the mayor's office until a team wins it. Tie means it either is in the mayor's office or retained. Could engrave the scores on the trophy or plaque. That wouldn't be that bad...although I love the Ostrich idea :D:

Nellie_Fox
03-19-2006, 03:10 AM
...the Pinal County Ostrich Farm Kup.
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKkupcinet2.JPG

Steelrod
03-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Actually, this gets me to a serious idea. What about a "Chicago Cross-town Classic" trophy. Could be like a trophy of the Sears tower or a plaque with a skyline of the city. Would be given to a team who wins. In case of a tie, it can be held in the mayor's office until a team wins it. Tie means it either is in the mayor's office or retained. Could engrave the scores on the trophy or plaque. That wouldn't be that bad...although I love the Ostrich idea :D:
There already is a prize. The team that uses the wins as well as others, goes on to the playoffs. It leads to the ultimate prize.
But I also like the Ostrich idea, except I have a hunch that the farm isn't going to sponsor it!

GregoryEtc
03-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Or maybe the trophy could go to the loser of the season series. It could be shaped like Sammy Sosa's massive steroid enhanced head since he's the most well known player to play on both teams. And neither team wants to have anything to do with him so the "Shammy" goes to the loser. Also as a special bonus, he could have a twist cap and a bendy straw come out of the top so the "winner" could fill him with juice... just like the real thing.

Hangar18
03-20-2006, 10:30 AM
What is the actual record between both teams ???
INCLUDING all of the exhibition games from the 1950's til now ......
There was a point where the SOX had won like 15 straight once the exhibition series resumed .............

Baby Fisk
03-20-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm sure he appreciated your many optimistic ideas, and just wanted to give other people a chance.

Will there be a Kup tour? :cool:

Sarah
03-20-2006, 06:36 PM
I love that ostrich farm...

That's all I have to say about that.

-Sarah-