PDA

View Full Version : Tim Redding thoughts

Mohoney
03-17-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm awfully impressed with his Spring, and I think that this guy is going to be a solid contributor to this title defense.

I'm very tempted to say "matchups be damned" and give this guy a bullpen spot. Having Cotts as the only lefty won't cripple us, as long as the righties can get people out. Micromanagement wasn't our strong suit anyway. How many times did the matchups bite uss in the ass when Marte walked hitters in August, September, and in Game 3 against Boston?

When I look at how horrid Marte was, I can't help but think that we can win another World Series with Cotts as our only lefty out of the 'pen.

Just give me 6 relief pitchers that can get guys out, regardless of what hand they happen to throw with.

Lip Man 1
03-18-2006, 01:14 PM
You may be impressed with him but Ozzie sure isn't. From Saturday's Chicago Sun-Times story with Chris DeLuca:

"All those guys who have been sent down, and we have been using here, better take a look at themselves in the mirror and see how horse [expletive] they are.'' --Ozzie Guillen

DeLuca also says in his story that "two or three" bullpen spots are available.

Also Mark Gonzales in his story in the Tribune mentions relief pitchers names that are possibilities for the Sox. He says Oakland's Juan Cruz is available and says the Sox have closely watched Atlanta's Oscar Villareal.

Lip

soxinem1
03-19-2006, 11:38 AM
You may be impressed with him but Ozzie sure isn't. From Saturday's Chicago Sun-Times story with Chris DeLuca:

"All those guys who have been sent down, and we have been using here, better take a look at themselves in the mirror and see how horse [expletive] they are.'' --Ozzie Guillen

DeLuca also says in his story that "two or three" bullpen spots are available.

Also Mark Gonzales in his story in the Tribune mentions relief pitchers names that are possibilities for the Sox. He says Oakland's Juan Cruz is available and says the Sox have closely watched Atlanta's Oscar Villareal.

Lip

Cruz has a good arm and was solid for the Braves a couple years ago. Plus, he's durable enough to pitch multiple innings in an outing. In a situation where he can just come in and throw he would bea good pick up, I think the Oakland thing just hasn't worked out for him.

Gload for Cruz? I'd do it.

I remember Villareal had that 'Vulture' year with the D-Backs a few years ago, but has been rather crummy since.

I think Cruz is a solid idea.

Oh, and Tim Redding? No way!

Clembasbal
03-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Cruz back in Chicago? Not a good idea in my mind. I do like Villareal though - but Cruz is better than him.

I think you can trade Borchard or Gload for either of them.