PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: 2006 Kids Club is up, and still has FREE TICKETS!

ewokpelts
03-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Here's the info from my craigslist ad.
Gene

http://chicago.craigslist.org/tix/142646968.html

ewokpelts
03-18-2006, 11:07 AM
bump

bafiarocks03
03-18-2006, 01:06 PM
12 and under! psh, what's that all about!

I want Mags back
03-18-2006, 01:11 PM
i signed my brother up for that a month ago, and it still hasnt come

hanger
03-18-2006, 01:43 PM
i signed my brother up for that a month ago, and it still hasnt come
There's a note in the sign up information that says it won't ship until after the season starts. We got one last year and it was very nice. It would be nice if we could get the ticket vouchers early, because if you want to go to one of the 2 parade dates you'll want to exchange them soon. Last year it didn't arrive until after the first parade date had already passed.

I want Mags back
03-18-2006, 01:50 PM
There's a note in the sign up information that says it won't ship until after the season starts. We got one last year and it was very nice. It would be nice if we could get the ticket vouchers early, because if you want to go to one of the 2 parade dates you'll want to exchange them soon. Last year it didn't arrive until after the first parade date had already passed.

ohh ok thanks that helps

ewokpelts
03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
12 and under! psh, what's that all about!shhhh.....they dont really check the birthdates.....i got my fiance's sister in the club last year(and she was 13 last year)
Gene

Scottiehaswheels
03-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the link Ewok... Had my gf sign up her kid for it... Problem is they live in Indy but it should go well with all the stuff I'm getting him for his birthday! :smile:

ewokpelts
03-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the link Ewok... Had my gf sign up her kid for it... Problem is they live in Indy but it should go well with all the stuff I'm getting him for his birthday! :smile:no prob..did you do the pay version? or the free version?
Gene

Scottiehaswheels
03-18-2006, 03:28 PM
no prob..did you do the pay version? or the free version?
Gene I think she did the free version... since they won't be able to come up during the week most likely.. He's 3 so taking him on the road isn't a ton of fun just yet... :smile: Although he will be going with us to Cincy in June... only an hour from her place

ewokpelts
03-18-2006, 04:10 PM
I think she did the free version... since they won't be able to come up during the week most likely.. He's 3 so taking him on the road isn't a ton of fun just yet... :smile: Although he will be going with us to Cincy in June... only an hour from her placethe good thing about the vouchers is that you dont have to have a kid with you when you redeem them.....that's why i recommend everyone that has a kid/niece/nephew/grandchild sign the kids up, even if they're wee tots....

Gene

Scottiehaswheels
03-18-2006, 04:12 PM
the good thing about the vouchers is that you dont have to have a kid with you when you redeem them.....that's why i recommend everyone that has a kid/niece/nephew/grandchild sign the kids up, even if they're wee tots....

Gene

ah gotcha.. thanks... prolly just post them on here for someone that wants em though.... I have too many tix now as it is...

itsnotrequired
03-18-2006, 04:16 PM
the good thing about the vouchers is that you dont have to have a kid with you when you redeem them.....that's why i recommend everyone that has a kid/niece/nephew/grandchild sign the kids up, even if they're wee tots....

Gene

I signed up my six month old son!:D:

I was looking at getting the paid membership since it allows kids to run the bases. He obviously couldn't do it but I figured that maybe I would be able to carry him around the bases. I decided to ask my ticket rep and he indicated that I couldn't do that. Oh well. It was really more a chance for me to run the bases.:cool:

ewokpelts
03-18-2006, 06:11 PM
I signed up my six month old son!:D:

I was looking at getting the paid membership since it allows kids to run the bases. He obviously couldn't do it but I figured that maybe I would be able to carry him around the bases. I decided to ask my ticket rep and he indicated that I couldn't do that. Oh well. It was really more a chance for me to run the bases.:cool:but the parade on the warning track option is still there.......

Gene

Jaffar
03-20-2006, 10:57 AM
but the parade on the warning track option is still there.......

Gene

Are parents allowed to carry babies or walk with toddlers for this?

illini81887
03-20-2006, 03:41 PM
https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/kidsclub.jsp

StillMissOzzie
03-21-2006, 12:50 AM
shhhh.....they dont really check the birthdates.....i got my fiance's sister in the club last year(and she was 13 last year)
Gene

Nope. My son just turned 13 in January, and he got bounced out of the free Kid's Club this time. Maybe they're more "lenient" when there's $$ on the table.

SMO
:(:

ewokpelts
03-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Nope. My son just turned 13 in January, and he got bounced out of the free Kid's Club this time. Maybe they're more "lenient" when there's $$ on the table.

SMO
:(:
Try again.
Let's just say that some people much, much older were able to sign up last year.
Gene

Brian26
03-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Try again.
Let's just say that some people much, much older were able to sign up last year.
Gene

Don't mean to sound so anal, but is it really worth ripping off the Sox by signing an adult up to the Kids Club to get two lousy free tickets? Come on.

Gene - you know I love ya - I bought two boxes of '06 Heritage from your dad a couple of weeks ago. Great set (still need 29 short prints though).

ewokpelts
03-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Don't mean to sound so anal, but is it really worth ripping off the Sox by signing an adult up to the Kids Club to get two lousy free tickets? Come on.

Gene - you know I love ya - I bought two boxes of '06 Heritage from your dad a couple of weeks ago. Great set (still need 29 short prints though).

I did it for the green wrist band. :D:
Gene

p.s. how'd the boxes break? anything good? I did some of the target box blasters...got a rolen chrome...did better on 2 single packs...yogi yankee stadium card, and matsui chrome...

Brian26
03-22-2006, 12:12 AM
p.s. how'd the boxes break? anything good? I did some of the target box blasters...got a rolen chrome...did better on 2 single packs...yogi yankee stadium card, and matsui chrome...

Nothing super good. Got a Vlad bat card and Al Kaline relic seat card, and about 5 or 6 chromes that I've traded for SP's. The nice thing this year in both hobby and retail is that there seems to be at least one SP or chrome card in every other pack. I'm just trying to build a master set of base and SP's. I don't really collect the chromes or subsets like other people do. Wish I could have pulled a good auto, but it wasn't meant to be.

ewokpelts
03-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Nothing super good. Got a Vlad bat card and Al Kaline relic seat card, and about 5 or 6 chromes that I've traded for SP's. The nice thing this year in both hobby and retail is that there seems to be at least one SP or chrome card in every other pack. I'm just trying to build a master set of base and SP's. I don't really collect the chromes or subsets like other people do. Wish I could have pulled a good auto, but it wasn't meant to be.speakig of relics...bazooka is loaded with sox relics this year....and since most of them are part of the rewind series, you get bats cards with pics and dates of ws events! thome already has a sox relic card too(in bazooka blasts) i picked up a few on ebay, as well as the bmac auto in the set...
Gene

p.s. thoughts on the new rookie designation?

Brian26
03-22-2006, 09:33 PM
speakig of relics...bazooka is loaded with sox relics this year....and since most of them are part of the rewind series, you get bats cards with pics and dates of ws events! thome already has a sox relic card too(in bazooka blasts) i picked up a few on ebay, as well as the Fingernails on a blackboard auto in the set...
Gene

p.s. thoughts on the new rookie designation?

It's amazing how well Topps does in airbrushing the new uniforms on some of these guys. Thome's Heritage card looks great in the Sox pinstripes. I'll have to check out the Bazooka blasts cards.

The rookie card thing isn't a big deal to me. I'm not a big investor and don't care for the Bowman Chrome Draft Pick cards. Did you see the fiasco with the Alex Gordon cards this year? Now Topps regular and the Heritage set have cards floating around with his picture cut out.

ewokpelts
03-23-2006, 09:07 AM
It's amazing how well Topps does in airbrushing the new uniforms on some of these guys. Thome's Heritage card looks great in the Sox pinstripes. I'll have to check out the Bazooka blasts cards.

The rookie card thing isn't a big deal to me. I'm not a big investor and don't care for the Bowman Chrome Draft Pick cards. Did you see the fiasco with the Alex Gordon cards this year? Now Topps regular and the Heritage set have cards floating around with his picture cut out.it's worse..there's unpunched-out heritage and topps cards of him...
sides, i asked about the rookie designation since they labeled bmac a 2006 rookie card, yet his 2005 cards came out when he was on the 25 man roster last year....hell, he made the world series set!

as for the airbrushing....i still want to know why topps had to airbrush(or is it more like photoshopped?) a moose skowron card for all time fan favorites..dont they have more than one picture of him in a sox uniform?

Gene

ewokpelts
03-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Why is it that I write B M A C together as one "word", and get "fingernails on a blackboard"?

champagne030
03-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Why is it that I write B M A C together as one "word", and get "fingernails on a blackboard"?

A higher authority at this site didn't like the nickname........

ewokpelts
03-23-2006, 11:00 AM
A higher authority at this site didn't like the nickname........that's stupid....