PDA

View Full Version : DJ's Quote of the Day

KRS1
03-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Talking about Crede's approach.

"I'm looking at his body,.....and..... I dont mean that in a sexual way in any sense."

I dont care how much some people here hate him, the guy is pure unadulterated fun.

EastCoastSoxFan
03-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Talking about Crede's approach.

"I'm looking at his body,.....and..... I dont mean that in a sexual way in any sense."

I dont care how much some people here hate him, the guy is pure unadulterated fun.
Especially the continuation of that quote:
"...but if I did mean it in that way, well, Joe's in pretty good shape..."
Hawk: "Anything else you want to add?"
DJ: "No."

KRS1
03-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Especially the continuation of that quote:
"...but if I did mean it in that way, well, Joe's in pretty good shape..."
Hawk: "Anything else you want to add?"
DJ: "No."

Yeah Hawk chiming in there was great.:D:

Tekijawa
03-17-2006, 02:49 PM
That exchange might beat the paper eating!

itsnotrequired
03-17-2006, 02:49 PM
That exchange might beat the paper eating!

...but not the E.T. exchange.

MsSoxVixen22
03-17-2006, 02:51 PM
*****! That's awesome. God if I had actually heard that I might have wet my pants laughing so hard! Gotta love Hawk and DJ :D:

Tekijawa
03-17-2006, 02:52 PM
...but not the E.T. exchange.

I don't remember the ET exchange? any transcripts?

SOXPHILE
03-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Said it last year, and I'll say it again, at least for now: DJ is bad, but he is "Fun Bad". When the Sox are on a tear, like last year, culminating with that glorious 2005 World Series Championship, the goofy, corny, bad stuff that he says is funny. We laugh about it, razz him, say it's all in good fun, etc. IF the White Sox start losing, drop in the standings, and go below .500, we are all going to change our tune to say he is annoying as hell, he sucks, and he's unprofessional. I believe our view of him is directly related to how well the Sox are doing.

MsSoxVixen22
03-17-2006, 02:53 PM

Doesn't someone have that whole E.T. conversation as their signature? Forgive me for not remembering who it is

JohnBasedowYoda
03-17-2006, 02:55 PM
I've been warming up to Deej. Last year I think he hit his stride.

SweetnesSox
03-17-2006, 02:57 PM
I've always loved Deej. Krs-one rocks too.

Baby Fisk
03-17-2006, 02:59 PM
The look on Hawk's face must have been priceless.

Jerko
03-17-2006, 03:00 PM
I have 2 favorite DJ moments. One, he was just talking to himself and he said "what did the snail say when he was on the turtle's back? Wheeeeeeeee!" I was cracking up. Then he went on for 5 minutes about something (I forget what it was, I'm having a bad day) and he asked Hawk his thoughts and Hawk says "What?"

itsnotrequired
03-17-2006, 03:04 PM

Hawk: There's Russell Crowe. Gladiator was a great movie.

DJ: So was Mystery Alaska, I told you about that movie.

Hawk: Yeah. I haven't seen it.

DJ: Well those are my two favorite Russell Crowe movies.

Hawk: My all-time favorite is still.... ET

DJ: He wasn't in that!

Hawk: So? It's still my favorite.

DJ: Can you do an ET impression?

Hawk: No.

DJ: I can.

Hawk: Okay.

DJ: ET Phone Home, ET Phone Home.

Hawk: (silence)

DJ: Did you see my finger light up?

Hawk: I'll show you a finger.

HotelWhiteSox
03-17-2006, 04:18 PM
I also liked the Brian Anderson theme song

Luckily for all of us, the game is being replayed tonight. Around what inning was this?

veeter
03-17-2006, 04:26 PM
I like the one he had last year, after Hawk said to "strap it down".
D.J.: "Well, you can strap it down or you can strap it up,...just don't strap it on." I almost passed out when he said that. The guy has a 'I don't give a damn' streak.

Droso5
03-17-2006, 04:32 PM
God, if they are replaying that game today or tonight, someone has to get it on a .wav file or something. Jesus, DJ can be downright hilarious, intentionally or not. And I do agree, our measure of him goes up and down as the season goes. But, I overall like his banter and quips sometimes with Hawk, Hawk is so dry, his repsonses to DJ are gold. And yes, the "strap on" was hilarious. He takes you by suprise sometimes, you wont be paying any attention and then BOOM, you double take and fall out of your chair. True Story.

miker
03-17-2006, 04:33 PM
The guy has a 'I don't give a damn' streak.
Some would argue that working with Hawk will do that to you...

...still, I did almost bust a gut when I heard the "strap it on" line.

DJ, a broadcast legend in the making?

Realist
03-17-2006, 04:43 PM
I've been warming up to Deej. Last year I think he hit his stride.

I agree. I couldn't stand him when he first started in the booth, but I really like him now.

Chisox003
03-17-2006, 04:50 PM
I used to have like 20 Hawk and DJ quotes saved on my CPU (not audio) ... Then my computer crashed and I lost em all :(:

The ones that I rememeber: The ET one, Russel Crowe, Strap it on, "This isn't rocket surgery," "IT GONE!" Brian Roberts is an "alien and we're at his mercy," eating paper, and another where DJ says something about the Sox shutting down Mike Sweeney, and on the next pitch he hits a 2 run HR.

I looooove DJ :gulp:

TomBradley72
03-17-2006, 05:12 PM
I also liked the Brian Anderson theme song

Luckily for all of us, the game is being replayed tonight. Around what inning was this?

It's about 35 minutes into the broadcast.

lumpyspun
03-17-2006, 07:55 PM
One time last year DJ said that some kid in the stands looked like "Lil' Bow Wow". It was hillarious b/c there was silence after that b/c the chances of Hawk knowing who "Lil' Bow Wow" is are probably slim and none.

TomBradley72
03-18-2006, 09:07 AM
This thread needs to be a "stuck" thread...for all of his future "greatest hits".

SOecks
03-18-2006, 09:48 AM
I don't remember the "paper eating" one. Can someone give more details on this? Also, please someone get a .wav file uploaded on what he said in yesterday's game. I'd love to hear it.

chisoxmike
03-18-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't remember the "paper eating" one. Can someone give more details on this? Also, please someone get a .wav file uploaded on what he said in yesterday's game. I'd love to hear it.

Something was going on and DJ said if this happens/doesn't happen I'll eat this piece of paper. Well, DJ was wrong and all you hear was DJ rolling up the piece of paper and chewing on it. Hawk was silent for a few minutes. Sorry I dont remember all the details.

chisoxmike
03-18-2006, 12:51 PM
My favorite...

:DJ
Hawk, don't you think we should have a hall of fame for the guys that did the little things right, you know like lay down a sac bunt, sac fly, moving runners over, and for pitchers that come in to get that one guy out.

:hawk
No.

conversation over.

goon
03-18-2006, 12:58 PM
as soon as DJ said, "I've been watching Joe's body...and I don't mean sexually," i knew that he was going to dig himself into a hole. yet, probably the funniest part was when hawk added, "thank you for clarifying".

Chisox003
03-20-2006, 07:15 PM
I used to have like 20 Hawk and DJ quotes saved on my CPU (not audio) ... Then my computer crashed and I lost em all :(:

The ones that I rememeber: The ET one, Russel Crowe, Strap it on, "This isn't rocket surgery," "IT GONE!" Brian Roberts is an "alien and we're at his mercy," eating paper, and another where DJ says something about the Sox shutting down Mike Sweeney, and on the next pitch he hits a 2 run HR.

I looooove DJ :gulp: I found the Mike Sweeney one:

DJ: "Lately, it's almost as if when Mike Sweeney comes up, we're like 'OK, we got a chance.'"
(very next pitch)
Hawk: "That ball hit deep, and it's 2-0 Kansas City on the homer by Mike Sweeney."
(silence)

:rolling:

Does anyone have the Hiney Bird quote by Hawk where he gives its explanation?

Fred Manrique
03-20-2006, 07:30 PM
I was just walking into the room once and DJ was trying to talk to Hawk about "Everybody Loves Raymond" and how some player had the same type of mom that Raymond had. He was asking Hawk questions and wouldnt drop the topic, talking about his favorite episodes and he got absolutely nothing from Hawk.

Anyone have the transcript on this one? It was sometime last summer.

Mercy!
03-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Yesterday, Hawk practically teed one up by referring to the opposing pitcher as being a "wrapper."

Of course, DJ came back with something like "Well, you know, they call it hip-hop nowadays."

I donít know if Hawk ever clarified what the heck he was talking about Ė presumably something about the way the guy held the ball. I tend to fast forward through the spring games.

I_Liked_Manuel
03-20-2006, 08:00 PM
his two best moments were "just don't strap it on" and when he decided that he could do an impression of a bobble head doll

mmmmmbeeer
03-20-2006, 08:10 PM
when he decided that he could do an impression of a bobble head doll
:D:
that sounds hilarious, wish i'd heard it.

HotelWhiteSox
03-20-2006, 08:19 PM
and when he decided that he could do an impression of a bobble head doll

I remember that :rolling:

awesomefan
03-20-2006, 09:07 PM
What about the time DJ stood up & tried to do that weird dance where you hold one foot with your hand? What do they call that weird dance, if you can call it a dance. I've seen it done in a commercial too.:bandance:

EastCoastSoxFan
03-21-2006, 09:35 AM
At the beginning of yesterday's telecast I could have sworn I heard DJ say that Hideo Nomo had lost a little bit of velocity, "but he can still be stinky."
I guess he actually said "sneaky", but it was still good for laugh...

Baby Fisk
03-21-2006, 09:43 AM
DJ's very first "Uh-oh!" was a memorable moment. He was calling the game on his own and someone hit a HR. There was a moment of silence, as if DJ had no idea what to say, so he blurted out "Uh-oh!". At the time I thought it was the worst HR call ever. Now it's DJ's calling card. :rolleyes:

D. TODD
03-21-2006, 09:52 AM
I remember a Sox rally and after a double down the right field line all that DJ could muster up was "oh it's ON now". It was funny as hell to me!