PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets Have Arrived Today In The Mail!

SouthSide_HitMen
03-17-2006, 02:38 PM
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

itsnotrequired
03-17-2006, 02:40 PM
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Oh man, I am soooooo pumped up to check the mail tonight...

Cat Thief
03-17-2006, 02:53 PM
:threadrules:

Tekijawa
03-17-2006, 02:55 PM
OK now I'm definitely heading home early today!

jake5824
03-17-2006, 04:09 PM
I hope you are not joking! I just want to go home sick from work now

ewokpelts
03-17-2006, 04:52 PM
didnt get mine

MrRoboto83
03-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Just got mine, sweet!!!!! Lets get this season started!

Cat Thief
03-17-2006, 06:07 PM
:whiner:

My buddy got his which I get half of but, mine didn't come.

itsnotrequired
03-17-2006, 06:27 PM
YES!!!

Tickets in hand!!!

:bandance::gulp::bandance::gulp::bandance:

jake5824
03-17-2006, 06:27 PM
how did it get delivered? i want to know if i have a chance to receive them tomorrow

itsnotrequired
03-17-2006, 06:30 PM
how did it get delivered? i want to know if i have a chance to receive them tomorrow

Priority Mail from USPS. Mine was a 12" x 16" x 3" box with a 333 W. 35th St. return address.

I can hardly sit still over here...:cool:

BeefyD
03-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Can't believe, no pics yet?!?!?! Cover up the UPC and shoot up a photo!

chisoxfanatic
03-17-2006, 06:48 PM
I wonder if they shot out the FULL season ticket plans before the PARTIAL ones. I'm now leaning towards that, since I haven't gotten mine yet, and my season ticket package has just about the least distance to travel.

God, I can't wait til I get mine now!!!

itsnotrequired
03-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Can't believe, no pics yet?!?!?! Cover up the UPC and shoot up a photo!

I'm waiting for my wife to get home so we can open them together.

:redface:

chisoxfanatic
03-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Priority Mail from USPS. Mine was a 12" x 16" x 3" box with a 333 W. 35th St. return address.

I can hardly sit still over here...:cool:

Was it sitting on your doorstep, or is this the type of thing you needed to sign for?

itsnotrequired
03-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Was it sitting on your doorstep, or is this the type of thing you needed to sign for?

I live in a 4 unit apartment building. We have a common area where the mailman places all the mail (he has a key). Nobody signed for me so I assume it would be the same case for everyone else.

Realist
03-17-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm waiting for my wife to get home so we can open them together.

:redface:
This post leaves me stranded in the land between where I'm really touched by the sentiment and feeling you should be brought up on charges at the next Meeting of the Men. :?:

itsnotrequired
03-17-2006, 07:10 PM
This post leaves me stranded in the land between where I'm really touched by the sentiment and feeling you should be brought up on charges at the next Meeting of the Men. :?:

Actually, I'm waiting for her to take pictures as I open them. I figured my original story sounded better.:D:

ewokpelts
03-17-2006, 07:52 PM
I wonder if they shot out the FULL season ticket plans before the PARTIAL ones. I'm now leaning towards that, since I haven't gotten mine yet, and my season ticket package has just about the least distance to travel.

God, I can't wait til I get mine now!!!they all ship from ARKANSAS
Gene

SouthSide_HitMen
03-17-2006, 07:59 PM

Full season ticket. Package was left (no signiture).

I have a pretty good Post Office / Mailwoman and usually am the first to get things. I'd bet people will get theirs tomorrow or hopefully Monday / Tuesday.

itsnotrequired
03-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Okay, here we go...

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7465/dsc007243gy.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/7347/dsc007255cg.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/7037/dsc007238hq.jpg

Sorry for the low-resolution. Images on the tickets (from right to left) are the victory parade down Lasalle, members of the team holding the trophy, AJ jumping into Jenks after the final out, first pitch of the WS, fans showing their support and the US flag before the start of the WS.

TheKittle
03-17-2006, 08:16 PM
WOW the White Sox don't want a signature for the season tixs??? The Angels demand a signature. My buddy got his Angel season tixs the other day and I got my tixs for the White Sox series in April. Yesssssss. Hangar we need your trophy out here.

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Just got ours! :supernana::supernana::supernana:

chisoxmike
03-17-2006, 08:43 PM
They are a thing of beauty! Can't wait till I get mine.:gulp: :supernana: :supernana:

robiwho
03-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Okay, here we go...

Sorry for the low-resolution. Images on the tickets (from right to left) are the victory parade down Lasalle, members of the team holding the trophy, AJ jumping into Jenks after the final out, first pitch of the WS, fans showing their support and the US flag before the start of the WS.

1) THANKS for posting. The tickets look awesome -- I'm going to be watching for my mail carrier all day tomorrow!

2) Could your baby be any cuter? I think not!

itsnotrequired
03-17-2006, 09:08 PM
2) Could your baby be any cuter? I think not!

Thanks. But he actually could be cuter...those aren't even very good pictures of him.:cool:

Included in the box is the "2006 Season Ticket Holder Playbook" which includes a fan guide, FAQ, staff directory, ticket log, etc.

Also included is a Sox Charge authorization form, Sox Charge order form, season ticket exchange form, "standing Ovation" cards to give to employees who provide exceptional service and miscellaneous ads (Bekins, Rush Medical Center, etc.)

SoxIllini
03-17-2006, 09:21 PM
I just got home and found my season tickets waiting for me.

Can't wait til Opening Night!

SOXandILLINI
03-17-2006, 09:33 PM
tix in hand... YES!! looks like one series is the first pitch of the series. pretty cool stuff boys and girls.:supernana:

Soxfanspcu11
03-17-2006, 09:36 PM
I received my full-season tickets today as well!!!:bandance:

I actually didn't think that they would be here until some time later in the month, I mean I was thinking like after the 20th or so, so I was INCREDIBLY EXCITED to see them today!!!

But yeah, I didn't have to sign or anything, in fact, I had no idea that they were even here! They came in a relatively large USPS box, and usually when the USPS delivers something like that, they put it in my front door, between the screen and actual door, so when I didn't see anything there, I didn't think anything of it. I mean, I just assumed that I had not received any "big" packages.

However, as I was leaving out my back door to go pick up my friend and opened the door, I saw a box. The first thought that ran through my mind was that those could be my season tickets. But then I thought to myself, "No way that's them, it's still too early".

I grabbed the box and looked at the return address and it said, "Chicago White Sox; 333 West 35th Street; Chicago". I got really excited but then I thought to myself, maybe it's just a bunch of promo stuff, because like I said, I did not expect the tickets this early.

I opened the box and the first thing I saw was an AWESOME box that said, "2006 White Sox Season Tickets"!!!!:bandance:

It was at this point I let out a yell that was loud enough that my neighbors probably thought someone was being murdered at my house! lol!

Just seeing the 2 books of tickets was a GREAT feeling!!! It makes me realize that the season is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!

And as someone else posted, the tickets look AWESOME!!! The tickets have the same 6 or so pictures over and over, but every ticket has a picture of either the World Series or the celebration, including the parade. They look AWESOME!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR APRIL 2ND, 2006 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiSoxGirl
03-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Okay, here we go...

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7465/dsc007243gy.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/7347/dsc007255cg.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/7037/dsc007238hq.jpg

Those tickets are absolutely beautiful!!! And you're baby's not too bad, either. :wink:

I can't wait to see those tickets in person (when all my season ticket-holding friends ask me to go to games with them :wink:)! :bandance:

itsnotrequired
03-18-2006, 01:16 AM
Those tickets are absolutely beautiful!!! And you're baby's not too bad, either. :wink:

I can't wait to see those tickets in person (when all my season ticket-holding friends ask me to go to games with them :wink:)! :bandance:
Thanks for your kind words. That lil' guy will be in attendance for many a game including the CotC party.

And the tickets do look awesome. This is the first time I have ever been a season ticket holder for any sport and I have to tell you, it is an awesome feeling.

:bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
03-18-2006, 01:28 AM
Thanks for your kind words. That lil' guy will be in attendance for many a game including the CotC party
:bandance:

Good, then I'll get to meet him there. :smile:

SoxSideIrish
03-18-2006, 03:48 AM
Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man!

Mine and my dad's came today!!

The tickets are beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous! I can't stop looking at them.

Anybody who's ever up in Section 528, stop by row 8, seats 8-12...I'll be there alllllllllll year!

chisoxfanatic
03-18-2006, 02:11 PM
God, I Can't Wait Now!!!!!!!!!

BeefyD
03-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Those are sweet... Nice that they have the trophy with the sox logo on every one!

chisoxmike
03-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Mail just came, no dice.:whiner:

soxwon
03-18-2006, 04:05 PM
still no tickets here.

chisoxfan83
03-18-2006, 05:38 PM
still didnt get mine either but its a split season package, i am sure all the full seasons went out first

MySoxAreClean
03-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Man Im so mad!:?: I did not get my tickets, I hate The POST OFFICE! Damm mailman... Wait I deliver mail also.!! It's payback for the stuff I put my customer who wait on me to arrive on time and never do.

Scotty_T
03-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Nothing yet - waiting on a full season plan.

MySoxAreClean
03-18-2006, 09:08 PM
I received my full-season tickets today as well!!!:bandance:

I actually didn't think that they would be here until some time later in the month, I mean I was thinking like after the 20th or so, so I was INCREDIBLY EXCITED to see them today!!!

But yeah, I didn't have to sign or anything, in fact, I had no idea that they were even here! They came in a relatively large USPS box, and usually when the USPS delivers something like that, they put it in my front door, between the screen and actual door, so when I didn't see anything there, I didn't think anything of it. I mean, I just assumed that I had not received any "big" packages.

However, as I was leaving out my back door to go pick up my friend and opened the door, I saw a box. The first thought that ran through my mind was that those could be my season tickets. But then I thought to myself, "No way that's them, it's still too early".

I grabbed the box and looked at the return address and it said, "Chicago White Sox; 333 West 35th Street; Chicago". I got really excited but then I thought to myself, maybe it's just a bunch of promo stuff, because like I said, I did not expect the tickets this early.

I opened the box and the first thing I saw was an AWESOME box that said, "2006 White Sox Season Tickets"!!!!:bandance:

It was at this point I let out a yell that was loud enough that my neighbors probably thought someone was being murdered at my house! lol!

Just seeing the 2 books of tickets was a GREAT feeling!!! It makes me realize that the season is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!

And as someone else posted, the tickets look AWESOME!!! The tickets have the same 6 or so pictures over and over, but every ticket has a picture of either the World Series or the celebration, including the parade. They look AWESOME!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR APRIL 2ND, 2006 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be screaming like a little girl!!!!! When I get my tix

buehrle4cy05
03-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Didn't get my 27-game plan today...hopefully they come on Monday.

jabrch
03-19-2006, 11:03 AM
I have a full season (mine) and 2 split seasons (work)...

None here yet

MySoxAreClean
03-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Season Ticket Holders,

Season tickets are being sent out from our printing company in Arkansas this
week. They are being sent via USPS Priority Mail and we anticipate all to
be
delievered by March 24th. Stadium club passes and information are going out
from here within this week as well. The Stadium Club is SOLD OUT. Also
within
the next two weeks, you will receive an e-mail about when ticket forwarding
and
selling via the web-site will be available. Information about how to e-mail
and
post your tickets for sale on the web-site will be included within your
season
tickets. When you receive your season tickets, please open them immediately
to
verify your location and that you have all your tickets. Attached is an
updated
broadcast schedule of the 2006 season. Please note various game time
changes.

As always, contact me directly if you have any questions.

jake5824
03-20-2006, 04:25 PM
has anyone received their Split Weekend packages yet!?

dakuda
03-20-2006, 04:54 PM
has anyone received their Split Weekend packages yet!?

My Double Play plan arrived today.

jake5824
03-20-2006, 04:55 PM
My Double Play plan arrived today.

oh nice, thanks for the quick response, hopefully mine come today

chisoxfan83
03-20-2006, 05:12 PM
just talked to my mom on the phone my split season tickets are waiting at home!!! Now i have to work til midnight....so excited to open it though!!!

NoNeckEra
03-20-2006, 05:20 PM
The mailman's across the street, and I'm sitting here looking out the window with my Thome jersey on and nose pressed against the window like a little kid.

NoNeckEra
03-20-2006, 05:24 PM
False alarm. No tix today either.:(:

chisoxmike
03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
False alarm. No tix today either.:(:

Damn, I live in LaGrange Park, so I doubt I will get them today either.

DumpJerry
03-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Got mine today.:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:
Let the games begin!:D:

chisoxfanatic
03-20-2006, 07:19 PM
At least SOMETHING good came out of today (I had to take my hunnie back to the airport this afternoon). My Hit & Run season ticket package came in the mail today, along with my Core of the Core stuff. These season tickets look beautiful with all of the World Series stuff on them.

I think I'm gonna keep this season ticket box for momento reasons.

Opening Night's just 13 nights away.

Beer Can Chicken
03-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Got mine today. Woo-hoo!

SoxFan78
03-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Received my Double Play plan in the mail today. Great stuff!

whitesoxwilkes
03-20-2006, 07:43 PM
The mailman's always late on Mondays...but the wait was well worth it. The Sox Box has arrived and taken up its customary place of honor on the bar!

:bandance::bandance:

ewokpelts
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
The mailman's always late on Mondays...but the wait was well worth it. The Sox Box has arrived and taken up its customary place of honor on the bar!

:bandance::bandance:to the bar!:gulp:

ws05champs
03-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Got my Hit and Run plan today in Elmhurst. Great packaging with a nice box with the trophy on it.

jabrch
03-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Still nothing in Highland Park...

Ol' No. 2
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Was it sitting on your doorstep, or is this the type of thing you needed to sign for?They always leave mine just sitting on the porch. Some "Priority Mail". $12,000 worth of tickets left sitting on the porch.:o:

chisoxfanatic
03-20-2006, 09:33 PM
They always leave mine just sitting on the porch. Some "Priority Mail". $12,000 worth of tickets left sitting on the porch.:o:

No kidding. NO package should be allowed to be just left like that. At least they put mine between my doors.

itsnotrequired
03-20-2006, 11:05 PM
They always leave mine just sitting on the porch. Some "Priority Mail". $12,000 worth of tickets left sitting on the porch.:o:

So what would actually happen if someone snagged them off your porch? I imagine the Sox could cancel the old tickets and send you new ones. WOuld they charge a reprinting fee for that?

:dunno:

chisoxfanatic
03-20-2006, 11:27 PM
So what would actually happen if someone snagged them off your porch? I imagine the Sox could cancel the old tickets and send you new ones. WOuld they charge a reprinting fee for that?

:dunno:

According to the Season Ticket Holder Playbook, stolen tickets don't require a re-print fee; however, a police report MUST be on file!

itsnotrequired
03-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Good, then I'll get to meet him there. :smile:

Looks like you'll only be one seat away.:cool:

Cuck the Fubs
03-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Lookie what I found tween my doors in Norridge today....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on April 2nd:bandance:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/huggerorange73/HPIM1241.jpg

SoxFan928
03-21-2006, 11:43 AM
I guess this is the first documented occurrence of ("ticket theft"?) to strike a WSI member this year.

Yesterday, my dad went over to his PO box to get his mail like he does every morning, in anticipation of the arrival of our ST (STs?). As is my understanding, wedged in with a few letters was a notice that a box with Sox Park as the return address was "destroyed" in transit. Further investigation revealed that someone, probably a USPS employee, had stolen the package containing our tickets. $12,000 worth.

He placed a call to his Sox ticket agent; they're going to void the stolen tickets and print and mail new ones. Hopefully they'll be in by the end of the week. That's all I know for now.

Unbelievable. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:.

Jerko
03-21-2006, 11:48 AM
I guess this is the first documented occurrence of ("ticket theft"?) to strike a WSI member this year.

Yesterday, my dad went over to his PO box to get his mail like he does every morning, in anticipation of the arrival of our ST (STs?). As is my understanding, wedged in with a few letters was a notice that a box with Sox Park as the return address was "destroyed" in transit. Further investigation revealed that someone, probably a USPS employee, had stolen the package containing our tickets. $12,000 worth.

He placed a call to his Sox ticket agent; they're going to void the stolen tickets and print and mail new ones. Hopefully they'll be in by the end of the week. That's all I know for now.

Just wait until the poor fools that buy the tickets that got stolen try go get into the Cell with a disabled bar code on their ticket. These scumbags that stole the tickets are still gonna be able to sell them and the people who are their "customers" are going to be ripped off as well. Hopefully they know these guys and turn them in, but they're probably already up on some website. :angry::angry: Pay careful attention and maybe even ask an usher to check for stubs if somehow people are sitting in your seats this year.

Dolly
03-21-2006, 12:18 PM
I am going to have to watch my mailbox like a hawk then... I live in a building with 44 condos in it. I've had CD's stolen before too... keep your fingers crossed for me that I do not fall victim to Season Ticket Theft!!!! :o:

itsnotrequired
03-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Just wait until the poor fools that buy the tickets that got stolen try go get into the Cell with a disabled bar code on their ticket. These scumbags that stole the tickets are still gonna be able to sell them and the people who are their "customers" are going to be ripped off as well. Hopefully they know these guys and turn them in, but they're probably already up on some website. :angry::angry: Pay careful attention and maybe even ask an usher to check for stubs if somehow people are sitting in your seats this year.

Good point. SoxFan928, you should check out eBay and StubHub from time to time and see if your tickets pop up. If so, try and nail the guys to the wall...

comiskey2000
03-21-2006, 12:47 PM
It it posssible for someone to scan pics of the six different ticket pictures, covering up your seat info of course. I'd love to see the different pictures on each one.

daveeym
03-21-2006, 12:57 PM
I am going to have to watch my mailbox like a hawk then... I live in a building with 44 condos in it. I've had CD's stolen before too... keep your fingers crossed for me that I do not fall victim to Season Ticket Theft!!!! :o: This was a concern of mine at my apartment as well. Luckily they came through fine. I generally send any large packages to my parents house in the burbs. When I asked my rep to change my shipping address he said they couldn't do that and the system uses your billing address as a shipping address.

SoxFan928
03-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Good point. SoxFan928, you should check out eBay and StubHub from time to time and see if your tickets pop up. If so, try and nail the guys to the wall...

I'm intending to do exactly that. I was thinking upside down, maybe 30 or 40 feet from the ground.

kevingrt
03-21-2006, 01:05 PM
One Word: Jealousy

jenn2080
03-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I got mine yesterday and they left mine in the hall way. I definitely wasnt happy that they left 3K worth of tix sitting for any random person to take them. But whatever it could not have been a better birthday gift to come home and see my tickets waiting for me.

jenn2080
03-21-2006, 01:32 PM

Oh man good luck! Id be on the phone telling off every person that would have anything to do with my tickets. Half of Chicago would know me and I would probably be on on the news. Best of luck!

Cuck the Fubs
03-21-2006, 02:13 PM
It it posssible for someone to scan pics of the six different ticket pictures, covering up your seat info of course. I'd love to see the different pictures on each one.

Here ya go:D:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/huggerorange73/tixa.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/huggerorange73/tixb.jpg

MySoxAreClean
03-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Well as a MAILPERSON my self and I have delivered these boxes already:

1: If you leave in a high Traffic condo or APT. Leave a A big Note for your mailperson to ring bell first if no answer have them leave you a NOTICE SLIP.And you will pick them up at the PO

2: If you live in a Condo or APT and you get season tix you can also leave a note to the carrier to leave your Tix in a neighbors condo if you know that person is always home.

3: Single home owners make sure you screen door is open so we can drop it in betwween door otherwise some will leave the box on the porch.

4: If your expeting it you can request to have your mail on hold parcels and all. That way Friday you can pick them up.

Hope some of my insides helps,

Ol' No. 2
03-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Did anyone else happen to notice the list of exchange dates has shrunken considerably? There used to be 18-20 dates. This year there are six. The price of success, I guess.

VIKINGS630
03-21-2006, 03:27 PM
All is great in Lockport today!!! Just received my hit and run tickets and parking passes all today!!! I could smell the fresh cut grass and grilled onions already!!!!

Also.... Did any one get an e-mail from your sales rep in regards of the special pre game patio parties for both the April 4 and 5th games? Sounds like a pretty good deal

SoxFan78
03-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Did anyone else happen to notice the list of exchange dates has shrunken considerably? There used to be 18-20 dates. This year there are six. The price of success, I guess.

I noticed that too. I expected them to be cut down but not by that much. Also, you can only exchange them for upper deck seats. Another change.

IlliniSox
03-21-2006, 04:39 PM
:mad: STILL WAITING:mad:

INSox56
03-21-2006, 05:44 PM
All is great in Lockport today!!! Just received my hit and run tickets and parking passes all today!!! I could smell the fresh cut grass and grilled onions already!!!!

Also.... Did any one get an e-mail from your sales rep in regards of the special pre game patio parties for both the April 4 and 5th games? Sounds like a pretty good deal

April 4th patio party sounded good (it's now sold out) and I was going to get tix but there was a minimum of 4. No dice. But yeah, 30 bucks and drink and eat yourself into a stupor.....NOT....BAD

NoNeckEra
03-21-2006, 06:11 PM
:mad: STILL WAITING:mad:
I just got the mail today(Western suburbs) and no tix yet. Were they sent out in waves, or all at once?

NorthSideSox72
03-22-2006, 10:50 AM
I just got the mail today(Western suburbs) and no tix yet. Were they sent out in waves, or all at once?
I haven't gotten mine yet either, and I live in the city. :?:

komando
03-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Mine still havn't come either, for those that have recieved theres and are sitting in the upper deck, is there a card that lets you access the lower deck or is it printed on the tickets or what?

skobabe8
03-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Converted and I recieved ours yesterday! I think the whole apartment building heard us yelling. :cool:

itsnotrequired
03-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Mine still havn't come either, for those that have recieved theres and are sitting in the upper deck, is there a card that lets you access the lower deck or is it printed on the tickets or what?

I didn't receive a card nor was anything "special" printed on the ticket.

chisoxmike
03-22-2006, 11:48 AM

I think all you have to do is show the "security" guards at the 100 level enterence your ticket, season ticket holders are the only ones who get the picture tickets. If not, go to guest relations on the 500 level, and they will stamp the back of your ticket.

itsnotrequired
03-22-2006, 12:04 PM
I think all you have to do is show the "security" guards at the 100 level enterence your ticket, season ticket holders are the only ones who get the picture tickets. If not, go to guest relations on the 500 level, and they will stamp the back of your ticket.

That was the deal in the past but there are rumors that it will be a different policy this year. I've heard everything from it will be exactly the same as last year to holders will be issued a special "pass" for access the Lower Deck.

Has there been any "official" word on this yet?

TomBradley72
03-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Just received mine....great job with the packaging, etc...Brooks is the man! :cool:

NorthSideSox72
03-22-2006, 02:23 PM
That was the deal in the past but there are rumors that it will be a different policy this year. I've heard everything from it will be exactly the same as last year to holders will be issued a special "pass" for access the Lower Deck.

Has there been any "official" word on this yet?

My ticket rep says just show the "picture" ticket and there is no problem. They look different, and the bar code (if they want to scan) will also say you are a season holder.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Just got mine today. They're so beautiful.

jabrch
03-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Still nothing in Highland Park... :(:

Ol' No. 2
03-22-2006, 10:41 PM

Has there been any "official" word on this yet?I got a special card with my tickets. It said in bold letters "Absolutely no admission to the lower deck without this pass". If you didn't get one of these, I'd call your rep right away.

itsnotrequired
03-22-2006, 10:46 PM
I got a special card with my tickets. It said in bold letters "Absolutely no admission to the lower deck without this pass". If you didn't get one of these, I'd call your rep right away.

I've called my rep, e-mailed Brooks and even overheard an airport cell phone call by Reinsdorf. Any other suggestions?

Ol' No. 2
03-22-2006, 10:47 PM
I've called my rep, e-mailed Brooks and even overheard an airport cell phone call by Reinsdorf. Any other suggestions?Check with White Sox Randy's mother-in-law.

pearso66
03-22-2006, 10:48 PM
No tickets yet. Hopefully they will come tomorrow. If they don't come by Friday, I will email or call my rep to see what he says.

itsnotrequired
03-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Check with White Sox Randy's mother-in-law.

Ironically, that is who Reinsdorf was talking to! Crazy world keeps spinning round and round...

Scottiehaswheels
03-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Just curious because I got parking pass #0001 all season.... Wondered if they were all #1 or if I'm just that cool... :D:

SoxFan78
03-23-2006, 10:13 AM
I got a special card with my tickets. It said in bold letters "Absolutely no admission to the lower deck without this pass". If you didn't get one of these, I'd call your rep right away.

Has anybody else received this card? I just checked with my rep and he assured me that my upper deck season ticket would give me lower deck access.

salty99
03-23-2006, 10:20 AM
There is no card.

Kuzman
03-23-2006, 10:32 AM
In the past if the ticket had a picture on it you would be able to gain lower level access.

Jerko
03-23-2006, 11:33 AM
I've heard so many stories about this. I think it's gonna be different every game depending on what ramp you go up and how "hard" the ushers check.

SouthSide_HitMen
03-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Has anybody else received this card? I just checked with my rep and he assured me that my upper deck season ticket would give me lower deck access.

My card came with the tickets.

This is what you should look for in your box.

http://www.onpointradio.org/content/2002/09/25/092502jail.gif

NorthSideSox72
03-23-2006, 02:11 PM

Did you have an Ozzie plan perhaps?

I have a split season plan, and no card. AND my ticket rep says there is no card needed. The ticket itself looks different, and has a different bar code than normal tickets.

pearso66
03-23-2006, 05:23 PM
My tix game today, they look great. I couldn't wait for opening day before, but I bought those tix separate, now I can officially go to game 2, and the other weekend games.

INSox56
03-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Again, no tickets.....Gonna contact the rep tomorrow if nothing is here...

anewman35
03-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Did you have an Ozzie plan perhaps?

I have a split season plan, and no card. AND my ticket rep says there is no card needed. The ticket itself looks different, and has a different bar code than normal tickets.

Are people really this oblivious to sarcasm?

pearso66
03-23-2006, 06:33 PM

Yes, I for one was slightly fooled. I originally thought, what the heck, I need a card, I hope I get one. But I thought about it, and figured they were joking. I get too used to the teal, and if there isn't teal, I usually at first read it as no joke. I've started thinking of using teal on other message boards, or even thought of saying "teal" when talking sarcastically. But most people wouldn't understand.

NorthSideSox72
03-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Where was the green/teal? Some people actually believed, previously, that there would be some kind of card needed. Seemed weird to me, but others thought it was true. Sarcasm isn't terribly effective when your statements are believeable on their face.

itsnotrequired
03-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Where was the green/teal? Some people actually believed, previously, that there would be some kind of card needed. Seemed weird to me, but others thought it was true. Sarcasm isn't terribly effective when your statements are believeable on their face.

Ol' No. 2 went the no-teal route and I answered in kind. Sorry for any confusion.

I seem to recall a post where someone stated that their ticket rep told them they would get a card. Perhaps THAT post should have been in teal...

Jerko
03-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I wonder how many emails and phone calls Boyer and the Sox got because of a "card" being missing from the ticket boxes? :rolleyes:.

SoxFan78
03-24-2006, 10:42 AM
I wonder how many emails and phone calls Boyer and the Sox got because of a "card" being missing from the ticket boxes? :rolleyes:. I joke around as much as the next guy but it's not cool joking with Sox fans about their season tickets on a Sox website IMO. :dunno:

I was one of the ones who responded to the card post. I'll admit it, I was fooled when I saw the statement with no teal. Guess I didnt sense the sarcasm in black font...

Jerko
03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
I was one of the ones who responded to the card post. I'll admit it, I was fooled when I saw the statement with no teal. Guess I didnt sense the sarcasm in black font...

I hope you didn't make 20 calls to the Sox.......... We complain about their service sometimes and now because of a joke they probably had to field some phony calls.

INSox56
03-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Well there we go. 24th has come and gone. Still no tickets....someone at that party's gonna answer a few questions tomorrow....

MySoxAreClean
03-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Well there we go. 24th has come and gone. Still no tickets....someone at that party's gonna answer a few questions tomorrow....

I deliver mail and have not seen anymore come out, you should call your REP or the PO. Priority Takes 2-3 days and my set took 3 days. Like I stated before, If you live in APT's or Condos, and you know your not gonna be home, LEAVE A NOTE FOR YOUR MAILPERSON AND HAVE HIM leave your a PACKAGE NOTICE and pick them up at the PO , Better safe then sorry. I never leave parcels in hall ways, If you dont come down by the time im done delivering mail to your unit, You get a notice. My opinion Sox should of sent those certified like the BEARS season tix.

champagne030
03-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I deliver mail and have not seen anymore come out, you should call your REP or the PO. Priority Takes 2-3 days and my set took 3 days. Like I stated before, If you live in APT's or Condos, and you know your not gonna be home, LEAVE A NOTE FOR YOUR MAILPERSON AND HAVE HIM leave your a PACKAGE NOTICE and pick them up at the PO , Better safe then sorry. I never leave parcels in hall ways, If you dont come down by the time im done delivering mail to your unit, You get a notice. My opinion Sox should of sent those certified like the BEARS season tix.

Don't go postal.....

Seriously, good tips and I agree about certified!

MySoxAreClean
03-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Don't go postal.....

Seriously, good tips and I agree about certified!

I would of If I did not get my tickets

INSox56
03-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks a bunch for the help, however I already did it. ;) I contacted the rep and evidently it was reported delivered on tuesday at 1 pm. I don't live in a high traffic area and have a HUGE mailbox. Called the post office and there was nothing there. I have to call tomorrow morning after they talk to our postman and figure out *** he did with them. Rep said if they were stolen or lost somehow, they'll reprint like they did with others'. Again, thanks for the concern though. :smile:

Ol' No. 2
03-24-2006, 11:12 PM
I deliver mail and have not seen anymore come out, you should call your REP or the PO. Priority Takes 2-3 days and my set took 3 days. Like I stated before, If you live in APT's or Condos, and you know your not gonna be home, LEAVE A NOTE FOR YOUR MAILPERSON AND HAVE HIM leave your a PACKAGE NOTICE and pick them up at the PO , Better safe then sorry. I never leave parcels in hall ways, If you dont come down by the time im done delivering mail to your unit, You get a notice. My opinion Sox should of sent those certified like the BEARS season tix.I'm sure they know what percentage are going to get lost and are going to have to get reprinted. The cost of mailing them all certified must exceed the cost of replacement.

MySoxAreClean
03-25-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm sure they know what percentage are going to get lost and are going to have to get reprinted. The cost of mailing them all certified must exceed the cost of replacement.
Cost about 1 dollar more to send certified!

INSox56
03-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Cost about 1 dollar more to send certified!

Actually it'd cost even more now....talked to my rep today and he said he was going to have the new ones overnighted fedex or dhl.

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Cost about 1 dollar more to send certified!Times how many season ticket holders? It's pretty simple math. I'm sure they can figure this out.

itsnotrequired
03-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Times how many season ticket holders? It's pretty simple math. I'm sure they can figure this out.

...and I'm willing to bet it costs more than a buck to send a package of that size as certified mail, even with any discounts the Sox may receive for mass mailing.

MySoxAreClean
03-26-2006, 11:16 AM
...and I'm willing to bet it costs more than a buck to send a package of that size as certified mail, even with any discounts the Sox may receive for mass mailing. No, Priority PAckages have no discounts, Only Bulk Rate, Thats how we make money on PRIORITY packages.( If they would of sent them as bulk rate we would if NEVER Gotten them on time. Bears send big envelopes in first class cost them about 4-5 bucks

itsnotrequired
03-26-2006, 11:47 AM
No, Priority PAckages have no discounts, Only Bulk Rate, Thats how we make money on PRIORITY packages.( If they would of sent them as bulk rate we would if NEVER Gotten them on time. Bears send big envelopes in first class cost them about 4-5 bucks

Well then it would be even more expensive to send everything certified if there are no discounts. I wasn't suggesting that they send them bulk rate. I was suggesting the Sox may receive a volume discount for mailing so much at once. Does the post office not offer any price breaks on Priority mailings, regardless of volume?

So how much extra would it cost to send a season ticket package Certified? An extra $2? $3? Multiply that out times 10,000 or so packages and it is pretty easy to see why the Sox would want to simply reprint lost/stolen packages.

ewokpelts
03-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Times how many season ticket holders? It's pretty simple math. I'm sure they can figure this out.all new customers paid a 20 dollar service fee when they bought season tix....i think that money can pay for certifie dmail....

MySoxAreClean
03-26-2006, 02:04 PM
all new customers paid a 20 dollar service fee when they bought season tix....i think that money can pay for certifie dmail....

I agree, Did to season Tix Boxes come with delivery confirmation number? that is about .40 cents and you can track them

Ol' No. 2
03-26-2006, 03:28 PM
all new customers paid a 20 dollar service fee when they bought season tix....i think that money can pay for certifie dmail....The service fee, if I understand correctly, went to Ticketbastard. Besides, the question isn't can they afford it. Why would them spend the extra money to send certified if it's more than the cost of reprinting the few that are lost?

ewokpelts
03-26-2006, 03:34 PM
The service fee, if I understand correctly, went to Ticketbastard. Besides, the question isn't can they afford it. Why would them spend the extra money to send certified if it's more than the cost of reprinting the few that are lost?theat fee was REGRADLESS IF YOU BOUGHT FROM TICKETBASTARD OR ON THE PHONE WITH A REP.
Gene

INSox56
03-26-2006, 04:58 PM
I agree, Did to season Tix Boxes come with delivery confirmation number? that is about .40 cents and you can track them

Yes they all got tracking numbers. That's how my rep was able to find out when they supposedly "delivered them".

ewokpelts
03-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Yes they all got tracking numbers. That's how my rep was able to find out when they supposedly "delivered them".delivery confirmation is dirt cheap....i think the sox were too lazy emailing all 21k st holders thier tracking numbers....
Gene

SouthSide_HitMen
03-27-2006, 12:10 AM
As a person who has sold several packages of tickets and sent them via the USPS, let me clarify a few issues raised:

I sent the packages via certified mail. It costs about $3 total and you get a tracking number and online tracking when it goes from one stage of the process to the next. A copy of the signature is kept at the post office for 6 months (IIRC). You can have it mailed back to you for an extra cost.

You can also send the package "certified & restricted" which means the USPS will only give to the person on the package and they must sign for the package with a state or federal ID. For example, if you sent a package certified and your spouse or someone else was home, even though the package was sent to Mr. Jones, Mrs. Jones could sign for it. Under restricted mail, only Mr. Jones can sign for it. This service costs $7.65 (IIRC).

I sent my tickets certified and had no problems (7 of 8 were delivered within 2 - 3 days). The only package in "limbo" was sent to someone who is having problems with their mail in general (tickets sent from the White Sox are also in Limbo along with other mail). After several days, the certified package will be returned to me and I will probably forward online (free of charge for the first 2!).

There is no reason for the White Sox to send the tickets in any manner outside of their choice of priority mail which was probably the cheapest. Due to the weight and size of the box / tickets, first class would cost more whereas Priority Mail has a set rate depending on weight and envelope used. If tickets are lost are stolen, they cancel the bar code and reissue - a hell of a lot cheaper than FedEx, UPS or USPS Certified / Restricted mail. Plus, it would take the entire ticket department days (unless the USPS has specialized software) to coordinate a mailing than size with the certified numbers. Also, most people work (yes we are not Cub fans) and would have to go to the Post Office to pick up their package (certified / restricted) or even worse go to a UPS facility or play tag with FedEx for several days / reroute the package, etc if they were sent with signature required.

I would expect only 1% or so of the tickets to be lost or stolen and as long as they are eating the cost, there is little inconvenience to anybody and this was the cheapest way to process.