PDA

View Full Version : Boo hoo! Cubs Convention Ecilpsed!

PaleHoseGeorge
01-14-2002, 10:39 AM
As a Sox Fan, the absolute best part about the Bears playoff game next weekend is the media hype surrounding the event. It won't reach its crescendo for several days and already it's the only sports news story of any consequence in Chicago.

The big losers for this are the Cubs because no amount of media hype from the Cubune can drowned out the Bears hysteria. Sure, Fred Mitchell and the other paid hands have done their little bit with feature columns, but it's all buried behind the Bears coverage. The silly thing is soldout and nobody gives a damned!

What little attention the Cubune has mustered mostly revolves around on-the-street interviews with simpleton Cubs fans. They're talking about how exciting it is for the Bears to be in the playoffs, and how it could lead directly to success for the Cubs this summer, too. Their failed attempt last summer to gain a pathetic wild-card berth isn't even a topic for discussion. Beautiful!

What is even more funny is how Bears fans are going to grab all the parking spaces from the pee-soaked Cubs fans next Saturday. As a former resident near the Hilton Towers, I can tell you the morons attending the Cubs Convention are some of the most pathetic people to ever venture a trip downtown. (The demented fathers with their sons are especially scary). Next Saturday, Bears fans will descend on the same parking lots to tailgate before the game at Soldier Field. It ought to be pretty funny to see these two worlds collide. I wish I still had the condo at State and 9th! I could charge admission to this show!

The typical Bears fan will recognize the dementia of these Cubbie-clad simps in a New York minute. I predict lots of pee-soaked Cubs clothing and memorabilia strewned about the parking lots near the Hilton Towers next weekend.

LMAO!

:gulp:

Fisk Fan
01-14-2002, 10:52 AM
Ahhh! I love the smell of pee-soaked Cubs clothing and memorabilia in the morning!

cheeses_h_rice
01-14-2002, 12:14 PM

Actually George, if you hadn't've told me that it was coming, I probably would have remained blissfully unaware that Loserfest 2002 was happening this weekend.

voodoochile
01-14-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Actually George, if you hadn't've told me that it was coming, I probably would have remained blissfully unaware that Loserfest 2002 was happening this weekend.

Me too... Crap. Bears game doesn't start until 3:00. Those idiots will mob the Monroe Street Garage (where we usually park) and screw everything up... Damn! Oh well, better that we know now... Guess I'll have to do some searching to find out the logistics on the convention to see how badly it is going to mess up our plans...

duke of dorwood
01-14-2002, 01:40 PM
:shammy

But dont miss my being a hot dog clinic

Foulke You
01-14-2002, 02:24 PM
While nobody is more glad than me that Flubbypalooza is happening on Bears playoff / MJ playing the Bulls day. It should be noted that the 3rd day of SoxFest is on Super Bowl Sunday. Of course, the Sox marketing dept. can't be faulted. Sept. 11 set back Super Sunday 1 week. If the Bears make it to the Super Bowl (that's a big IF) Sox Fest won't even be an afterthought.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-14-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
While nobody is more glad than me that Flubbypalooza is happening on Bears playoff / MJ playing the Bulls day. It should be noted that the 3rd day of SoxFest is on Super Bowl Sunday. Of course, the Sox marketing dept. can't be faulted. Sept. 11 set back Super Sunday 1 week. If the Bears make it to the Super Bowl (that's a big IF) Sox Fest won't even be an afterthought.

I was thinking that, too. I guess we'll just cross that bridge when we get to it.

Go Bears.

GASHWOUND
01-14-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
What little attention the Cubune has mustered mostly revolves around on-the-street interviews with simpleton Cubs fans. They're talking about how exciting it is for the Bears to be in the playoffs, and how it could lead directly to success for the Cubs this summer, too. Their failed attempt last summer to gain a pathetic wild-card berth isn't even a topic for discussion. Beautiful!

:gulp:

Ugg, I saw that report on ABC with Giangreco(sp) doing a report of the lines of Scrub fans waiting in line for tickets. Just like you said, they were yacking that cause the Bears and Blackhawks have had successful seasons that it was a good omen they were going to be successful also. It was really pitaful. And you should've seen these flubbies, with their missing teeth and stuff. It was really comical watching that report. I'd just like to say...Ohhhh brother..shut up you damn flubs.

irish rover
01-14-2002, 07:17 PM
sox fest ends at 2 pm, should still give people time to do both

Jerry_Manuel
01-14-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Ugg, I saw that report on ABC with Giangreco(sp) doing a report of the lines of Scrub fans waiting in line for tickets.

:giangreco
Hear that Sox fans? People in line for tickets, cool concept isn't it?

CubKilla
01-15-2002, 02:32 AM
It's about time the sCrUBS and the Tribune got a taste of their own medicine. Like the Cubs and the gaggle of losers they call fans will soon find out, it isn't any fun playing second fiddle. Look how long it took the media to start covering the 2000 White Sox BEFORE the 2000 Cubs in the aforementioned year's newscasts. GO BEARS!

Fisk Fan
01-15-2002, 05:49 PM
Look how long it took the media to start covering the 2000 White Sox BEFORE the 2000 Cubs in the aforementioned year's newscasts. GO BEARS!

They only started noticing the Sox that year when the Flubs were mathematically eliminated and had no chance of theire precious wildcard berth.

JoeBatters
01-15-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:shammy

But dont miss my being a hot dog clinic

That's a vulgar pic , dude !!!!! I'll have you know it screwed up the taste of my third beer !!!!!!