PDA

View Full Version : 2006 breakout star

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-16-2006, 04:04 PM
who do you think will become a star this season? obviously, we want all the sox to be stars this year, but what about the rest of the league?

i would like to see Corey Patterson get his act together, if for no other reason to make the cubs look really bad after giving up on him.

KRS1
03-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Does Ryan Zimmerman count? He is going to be one of the next gen stars at 3b. Too bad he will be playing in that abomination of a ballpark RFK, his numbers could be huge if they played in modern stadium.

Other than him I'm going to put Uribe here just because I love the guy and want to see him reach his potential.:D:

Can't wait to see Crede mentioned in this category for the 4th straight season.:tongue:

Baby Fisk
03-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Scott Kazmir, Tampa. No pressure, nothing to lose, everything to gain. He will be a thorn in the sides of New York, Boston, Baltimore & Toronto.

samram
03-16-2006, 04:32 PM
There are a bunch of guys who have been around a year or two and are about to break out. Zimmerman, Kazmir, David DeJesus, Garrett Atkins, Rickie Weeks, Prince Fielder, and more should all make their names known this year.

gbergman
03-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Tad Iguchi

DumpJerry
03-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Marquis Grissom

kraut83
03-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Scott Kazmir, Tampa. No pressure, nothing to lose, everything to gain. He will be a thorn in the sides of New York, Boston, Baltimore & Toronto.

I still can't believe the Mets traded this guy. I agree, he's a pitcher the Rays could build a staff around.

PAPChiSox729
03-16-2006, 08:25 PM
I know he is already a stud pitcher, but I think Roy Halladay is going to put together an amazing season and win another Cy Young award.

RKMeibalane
03-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Ryan Howard. What he did last season will pale in comparison to the damage he's going to do in '06.

Slats
03-16-2006, 10:30 PM
I second Ryan Howard. 40+ homers easy.

I think Rob Mackowiak is going to surprise the heck out of a lot of people.
(if he gets at bats)

White Sox Randy
03-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Iguchi and Joe Crede will be All-Stars - remember where you heard it

palehozenychicty
03-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Kazmir. He is the real deal. If the Mets had him right now, they'd win the east. The NL wild card should be attainable for them.

MVP
03-17-2006, 10:09 AM
I'd hate to say it, being that these guys are in our division but Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau and Fransisco Liriano of the Twins are all likely to become stars this year. Our biggest challange may not be Cleveland. It could be Minnesota. I also agree that Corey Patterson could have a break out year.

palehozenychicty
03-17-2006, 10:33 AM
I'd hate to say it, being that these guys are in our division but Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau and Fransisco Liriano of the Twins are all likely to become stars this year. Our biggest challange may not be Cleveland. It could be Minnesota. I also agree that Corey Patterson could have a break out year.

I get the same feeling that Minnesota is going to be our toughest competitor this year as well. Their pitching will keep them in every game, and that's what you ask from a staff. The Sox hit Liriano hard late last year, but he has serious stuff.

Rooney4Prez56
03-17-2006, 12:01 PM
From the Sox: Juan Uribe

Elsewhere: Grady Sizemore

0o0o0
03-17-2006, 12:15 PM
felix hernandez
ervin santana
and i think joe borchard can have a decent QB rating

goofymsfan
03-17-2006, 01:48 PM
From the M's I'd like to see Jose Lopez (2nd), Yuniesky Betancourt(ss), Felix Hernandez(P), and Jesse Foppert(P) to have break out years.

Arkham
03-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Iguchi and Joe Crede will be All-Stars - remember where you heard it

Iguchi's certainly got a real shot at it. Alfonso Overrato is a Nat now, so there's not a lot of obvious star power when it comes to AL second basemen, although if Jorge Cantu can put up a season like last year's, (I for one believe Brian Roberts resolutely can NOT put up a season like he had, especially in the first half) he may be the best bet.

Crede...well Ozzie gets a few picks for the team, right?

Otherwise I don't seem him getting past enough people to get into the mix with A-Rod, Blalock, Glaus, Mora and Chavez at that position.

DSpivack
03-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Surprised no one mentioned Chad Tracy. Last year he hit .308/.359/.553 with 27 HRs and 72 RBIs. I don't think the DBacks will miss Troy Glaus, at all.

Jurr
03-18-2006, 12:41 PM
From the M's I'd like to see Jose Lopez (2nd), Yuniesky Betancourt(ss), Felix Hernandez(P), and Jesse Foppert(P) to have break out years.
Felix Hernandez will be very tough. I think Jeremy Hermida (remember that name) will begin his run at greatness with the Florida Marlins.

If the Braves bring up Jarrod Saltamacchia (ridiculously good hitting catcher), look out.

Ryan Howard, Zimmerman from the Nationals, Francisco Liriano from Minnesota, and possibly B.J. Upton in TB.

Did anyone see the younger Upton (Justin) hit for Arizona vs. the Sox? Wow.
That kid will be good soon!

SOXintheBURGH
03-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Jae Weong Seo, SP, LA Dodgers
Rickie Weeks, 2B, Milwaukee Brewers
Jeremy Hermida, OF, Florida Marlins

The Pirates pitching staff:
Paul Maholm
Zack Duke
Ian Snell
Victor Santos
Oliver Perez
Mike Gonzalez to close.

SABRSox
03-18-2006, 02:35 PM
All the names I've heard are people that have already "broken out" in my opinion.

My picks are Stephen Drew in Arizona and Kendry Morales in Anaheim.

Scottiehaswheels
03-18-2006, 02:45 PM
:peace:
The Pirates pitching staff:
Paul Maholm
Zack Duke
Ian Snell
Victor Santos
Oliver Perez
Mike Gonzalez to close.

What'd you do with all that time off? :peace:

SOXintheBURGH
03-18-2006, 03:05 PM
:peace:

What'd you do with all that time off? :peace:

Watch a lot of Pirates spring training games. Duke was great last season, Maholm is better than Duke I think, and Snell is having a monster spring.

Jjav829
03-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Jae Weong Seo, SP, LA Dodgers
Rickie Weeks, 2B, Milwaukee Brewers
Jeremy Hermida, OF, Florida Marlins
:yup:

Rickie Weeks will be a star. Hermida, too.

ma-gaga
03-18-2006, 04:54 PM

All the guys on my Fantasy Team, none of yours...

:gulp:

Jurr
03-18-2006, 06:13 PM

Jjav...I love your sig. Man...people think I'm on crack putting WVU in the final four.