PDA

View Full Version : Royce Clayton Sighting

RKMeibalane
03-15-2006, 09:30 PM
:hitless

"I am the greatest!"

Link (http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20060313-011431-2561r.htm)

It took every ounce of self-control for me to keep from laughing while reading this.

1951Campbell
03-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Fifteen years in the big leagues have taught Clayton to let his play do the talking.

Royce, I heard your "play" talking. Your "play" said you stunk out loud.

Mercy!
03-16-2006, 02:29 AM
See, your first mistake was in reading the Washington Times

PaleHoseGeorge
03-16-2006, 07:53 AM
You wonder why the Choice still has a job in MLB? Here it is...

"The known factor is that he [Clayton] can play shortstop. He can play it for over 150 games. You know he's going to give a very good defensive job out of it. Yeah, that's a comfort zone right there." -- Nats manager Frank Robinson

The only comfort zone the Choice offers is the one marked "comfortably numb." He can't and won't range into the hole. He refuses to rush throws, preferring to put those balls in his pocket. His work around second base is very ordinary, especially when you consider how far up the middle of the diamond he is always playing. And his bat sucks.

First in war, first in peace, and last in the National League. That's Washington.

:cool:

PKalltheway
03-17-2006, 11:18 AM
You wonder why the Choice still has a job in MLB? Here it is...

The only comfort zone the Choice offers is the one marked "comfortably numb." He can't and won't range into the hole. He refuses to rush throws, preferring to put those balls in his pocket. His work around second base is very ordinary, especially when you consider how far up the middle of the diamond he is always playing. And his bat sucks.

First in war, first in peace, and last in the National League. That's Washington.

:cool:
Trust me, the Marlins will be the ones to finish last this year. The Nationals last year finished last with a .500 record (pretty good for a last place team, huh?) They will be worse this year, but it will be some time before they're a last place team as long as the Marlins are hanging around (or at least until their team gets better and wreaks havoc on the National League). Sorry, the Nationals are one of my five favorite teams.:redface: